•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Johnson Central 71 Paintsville 62
Same thing with the game at central. Central came out w/ the slow down game. SO, everyone says coaching is in practice. P-ville came out n the 2nd half @ central pressing and the same thing happened last night. P-ville came back went ahead and never looked back. HUMMM the "LEGEND" must not have remembered that or didnt watch game film. Starns came w/ a game plan and it was followed to the end.I kmow p-ville doesnt have a very deep bench but why did the "LEGEND" wait till the 4th Quarted to press. The bad thing about it was "THE LEGEND" didnt start pressing till JC called a time out. You have a team 23 points ahead and not call a time out. Sorry for the long thread but what i am trying to say in a nut shell is Starns out coached "THE LEGEND " bad. Not to take away from the JC kids dang they came to play and P-VILLE didnt. There was no coaching whatsoever from "THE LEGEND". Dang i wished a certain player that plays for them had never went there. Big mistake.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Same thing with the game at central. Central came out w/ the slow down game. SO, everyone says coaching is in practice. P-ville came out n the 2nd half @ central pressing and the same thing happened last night. P-ville came back went ahead and never looked back. HUMMM the "LEGEND" must not have remembered that or didnt watch game film. Starns came w/ a game plan and it was followed to the end.I kmow p-ville doesnt have a very deep bench but why did the "LEGEND" wait till the 4th Quarted to press. The bad thing about it was "THE LEGEND" didnt start pressing till JC called a time out. You have a team 23 points ahead and not call a time out. Sorry for the long thread but what i am trying to say in a nut shell is Starns out coached "THE LEGEND " bad. Not to take away from the JC kids dang they came to play and P-VILLE didnt. There was no coaching whatsoever from "THE LEGEND". Dang i wished a certain player that plays for them had never went there. Big mistake.

Why don't you call him by his name, Bill Mike Runyon or show a lil respect and call him coach. And what player would that be.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Same thing with the game at central. Central came out w/ the slow down game. SO, everyone says coaching is in practice. P-ville came out n the 2nd half @ central pressing and the same thing happened last night. P-ville came back went ahead and never looked back. HUMMM the "LEGEND" must not have remembered that or didnt watch game film. Starns came w/ a game plan and it was followed to the end.I kmow p-ville doesnt have a very deep bench but why did the "LEGEND" wait till the 4th Quarted to press. The bad thing about it was "THE LEGEND" didnt start pressing till JC called a time out. You have a team 23 points ahead and not call a time out. Sorry for the long thread but what i am trying to say in a nut shell is Starns out coached "THE LEGEND " bad. Not to take away from the JC kids dang they came to play and P-VILLE didnt. There was no coaching whatsoever from "THE LEGEND". Dang i wished a certain player that plays for them had never went there. Big mistake.

No comment. This post doesn't deserve one.
brokencard Wrote:This was a great game from both teams. The Eagles just seemed to want it just a little more! They played great team ball. I was really impressed with Mike Conley. He really stepped up last night and made some much needed early shots and got the team fired up. Congrats to all at JCHS on a great win!!!:1:

Paintsville was 2-21 from 3 point land the first half, don't sound to great to me. Everything was fallin for JC last night, McCarty was even hittin fade aways from behind the backboard.

Does anyone have the complete game stats for both teams, that would be interesting to see..
[b]
Quote:[b][b]Dang i wished a certain player that plays for them had never went there. Big mistake.[/b]
[/b][/b]

He will learn and forget more basketball than you know because he is at Paintsville. He has his friends, and a community that supports him at Paintsville. He is getting, arguably, the best public education in EKY at Paintsville, and a top 20 education in the state at Paintsville.

While it is certainly true that he would have been an accomplished player at any school, there is no better school for the individual advancement of players than Paintsville under Coach Runyon. The network of college coaches that Coach Runyon has is unmatched. Landon will benefit greatly from the decision to be at Paintsville, and has already benefited from his decision.

Landon is a great young man, I love him to death, and unlike some people I know, I condone his decisions rather than condemn them. Supporting advice is what he needs, but often, not what he gets.
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville was 2-21 from 3 point land the first half, don't sound to great to me. Everything was fallin for JC last night, McCarty was even hittin fade aways from behind the backboard.

Does anyone have the complete game stats for both teams, that would be interesting to see..

2-21 so their about as bad as south floyd when it comes to shooting 3s.
Those coaches believe that "you live by the 3, die by the 3". BMR looked like a deer in the headlights. I was impressed with Jesse Meek and Jarrod Crum. (welcome back Jesse). Now with game behind all of us, cant wait till district play. Good luck to both teams.
The Governor Wrote:No comment. This post doesn't deserve one.
Wast asking for a comment from u dude. I know what i see. Been around basketball all my life and i know a terrible coach when i see one. Not fair at all to the kids at P-ville. If "TEH LEGEND" wants to pawt then he needs to stay home. A good coach could take this team to a different level. I know of several coachs that would absolutely love to have this team.
[quoted post was unreadable]

ditto
Redneck Wrote:Why don't you quit bein a smartass and call him by his name, Bill Mike Runyon or show a lil respect and call him coach. And what player would that be.
Respct, never "THE LEGEND" will never get respect from me.Done nothing to deserve respect from me.
The Governor Wrote:He will learn and forget more basketball than you know because he is at Paintsville. He has his friends, and a community that supports him at Paintsville. He is getting, arguably, the best public education in EKY at Paintsville, and a top 20 education in the state at Paintsville.

While it is certainly true that he would have been an accomplished player at any school, there is no better school for the individual advancement of players than Paintsville under Coach Runyon. The network of college coaches that Coach Runyon has is unmatched. Landon will benefit greatly from the decision to be at Paintsville, and has already benefited from his decision.

Landon is a great young man, I love him to death, and unlike some people I know, I condone his decisions rather than condemn them. Supporting advice is what he needs, but often, not what he gets.
Thats what i give him. You will never hear me give this kid nothing buit praise, and you are dead wrong if u think he will forget more basketball than i will ever know.This kid could play for the David School and have the same network of coaches looking at him without "THE LEGEND, he is just that good. You have no clue what a good coach could and would do w/ this team.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Respct, never "THE LEGEND" will never get respect from me.Done nothing to deserve respect from me.

I'm sure he could care less who you are and if you respect him. You can't deny the facts of his success. it's unparalleled in the 15th region and other regions as well. He has the respect of his team, his coaches, his fanbase, his city, his peers, all of his former players and other programs. all of which he should be proud of and all of which have nothing to do with you.:howdy:
Big Jim Wrote:I'm sure he could care less who you are and if you respect him. You can't deny the facts of his success. it's unparalleled in the 15th region and other regions as well. He has the respect of his team, his coaches, his fanbase, his city, his peers, all of his former players and other programs. all of which he should be proud of and all of which have nothing to do with you.:howdy:
I agree w/ u 100%. He doesnt have to prove anything to me. I could care less if he cares about me. All i am saying folks, It isnt fair to these teenage very fine young men to have someone on the bench that doesnt coach. I have been a coach although not at this level it was Jr pro and elementary school but i always was there for the kids. I wouldnt pawt and just sit there w/ my index finger beside my nose and my chin resting on my thumb.Like i said earlier, Coach Starns came w/ a game plan. If Coach Starns had just sit on the bench resting his head do you think the kids of JC would have followed Coach Starns game plan. Dont think so. If Paintsville goes to the State Tourney and i hope they do it will 100% on there own.
Were there any D1 coaches there to watch Landon?
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:Thats what i give him . You will never hear me give this kid nothing buit praise, and you are dead wrong if u think he will forget more basketball than i will ever know.This kid could play for the David School and have the same network of coaches looking at him without "THE LEGEND, he is just that good. You have no clue what a good coach could and would do w/ this team.

Four quick things:
1.) It's my fault, I got caught up in the moment and didn't really mean that he'd forget more than you will ever know....it was just a figure of speech, and I shouldn't have used it.

2.) I didn't say that you didn't support him, I know you do.

3.) I do know what a good coach is, I have played for them, and many believe my dad was one.

4.) I shouldn't have responded, because I realize that you don't like Coach Runyon. If you really do believe he is a terrible coach, then that is what you believe, and I will let it be -- we will just have to disagree on it.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:I agree w/ u 100%. He doesnt have to prove anything to me. I could care less if he cares about me. All i am saying folks, It isnt fair to these teenage very fine young men to have someone on the bench that doesnt coach. I have been a coach although not at this level it was Jr pro and elementary school but i always was there for the kids. I wouldnt pawt and just sit there w/ my index finger beside my nose and my chin resting on my thumb.Like i said earlier, Coach Starns came w/ a game plan. If Coach Starns had just sit on the bench resting his head do you think the kids of JC would have followed Coach Starns game plan. Dont think so. If Paintsville goes to the State Tourney and i hope they do it will 100% on there own.
What does pawt mean??? Do you mean pout???
ducky Wrote:What does pawt mean??? Do you mean pout???
ell...I thought they were trying to say "pawed"...But pout makes more sense in his post...lol
I guess the one thing is true about last nights game. It doesn't matter what their records are, either team can win at any given time. Both teams have an aray of talent, "team talent". Yes Jamie and Landon are the big names, but it takes all to win, plus you have to come to play to win. Either team would represent the 57 district very well, Shebly Valley is not un-beatable. JC came close to beating them at their own court. JC and P-ville on nights when they are ready to play are among the best in the state. As far as the "LEDGEND" is concerned, you may not like him but you have to respect his ability to produce winners. One State Championship, Two Mr. Basketballs, countless district and regional Titles. He does deserve to be call Coach Runyon. Coach Starns has had a hard season, yes he did go to Rupp last year. This season has been a challenge, but the kids has kept their heads up, which is very important. Weather Coach Starns stays or goes, it doesn't matter, the kids will remain. They deserve the right to play and play hard for a Coach who gets to coach without outside help from others. P-ville has been known to have coaches that have been winners, Brugh in football 280 wins, Adkins in Baseball 800 plus wins, Runyon 498 wins, you see why kids want to play at P-ville. JC has had good coaches as well, Matney of Course is as good as you can get, Starns has had his share of showing he is a good coach, Hall is a good baseball coach.

So understand it's not important to bash each other, but to support each school as a county. Our County has some of the best athletes in the state. We are not JOHNSONVILLE as called by some down state but we are proud to be JOHNSON CENTRAL and PAINTSVILLE.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:I agree w/ u 100%. He doesnt have to prove anything to me. I could care less if he cares about me. All i am saying folks, It isnt fair to these teenage very fine young men to have someone on the bench that doesnt coach. I have been a coach although not at this level it was Jr pro and elementary school but i always was there for the kids. I wouldnt pawt and just sit there w/ my index finger beside my nose and my chin resting on my thumb.Like i said earlier, Coach Starns came w/ a game plan. If Coach Starns had just sit on the bench resting his head do you think the kids of JC would have followed Coach Starns game plan. Dont think so. If Paintsville goes to the State Tourney and i hope they do it will 100% on there own.

I've played for several coaches who will let a team ride through getting thumped and Bill Mike is one. The reason was always the same. That being, the team wasn't executing, or even attemting to execute the game plan.

I wasn't there, thus, I don't know for sure. However, I'd bet money the strategy had nothing to do with shooting 22 3's in the first half. How do you know what the gameplan was or what his in game instructions were?

You can take a game here and there to prove some outlandish point that he can't coach a High School Basketball team. Even though, your authority and experience is centered around peewee league, people who played for BMR and know first hand his abilities as a coach have no clue.

The only resume to prove anything is the whole resume. One game here and there can prove anything your agenda driven mind wants to prove. Meanwhile, those who played and coached for and against the man say the opposite. Nevermind, you're right...he's terrible.Smile
TheProfessor Wrote:This Eagle team has heart and ability. If all the critics and parents would for once this year pull together and fully support the "team", then they could make some noise in the tournament. When players hear positive things at home and in their community, then they can play positive and have positive results on the floor.

Amen to that!
The Governor Wrote:Four quick things:
1.) It's my fault, I got caught up in the moment and didn't really mean that he'd forget more than you will ever know....it was just a figure of speech, and I shouldn't have used it.

2.) I didn't say that you didn't support him, I know you do.

3.) I do know what a good coach is, I have played for them, and many believe my dad was one.

4.) I shouldn't have responded, because I realize that you don't like Coach Runyon. If you really do believe he is a terrible coach, then that is what you believe, and I will let it be -- we will just have to disagree on it.
Thank you Governor. I agree to disagree w/ you LOL. We both have a magor interest in Paintsville hoops, and there the same reason. Landon is one hell of a young man. I have known him much much longer than you which has nothing to do with the subject. I just feel things could be done alot better.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:congrats JC even though I was rooting fior P''ville lol. The cheerleaders cracked me up all night acting like each other lol, and who was the T's on? I seen 2 men argueing but didnt know who they was. I also thought it wasnt very classy that JC threw stuff at Pville and on the court, but Pville did right back lol

I'm glad you put that last part in there...because when JC's boys were taking the floor Paintsville's cheerleaders were throwing balls and plastic at them. I really hate playing at Paintsville because the rivalry is so hyped up by the fans that the bad sportsmanship just seems to be higher than anywhere else. I thought Paintsville's cheerleaders showed ZERO class last night.
[QUOTE=Big Jim]I've played for several coaches who will let a team ride through getting thumped and Bill Mike is one. The reason was always the same. That being, the team wasn't executing, or even attemting to execute the game plan.

I wasn't there, thus, I don't know for sure. However, I'd bet money the strategy had nothing to do with shooting 22 3's in the first half. How do you know what the gameplan was or what his in game instructions were?

You can take a game here and there to prove some outlandish point that he can't coach a High School Basketball team. Even though, your authority and experience is centered around peewee league, people who played for BMR and know first hand his abilities as a coach have no clue.

The only resume to prove anything is the whole resume. One game here and there can prove anything your agenda driven mind wants to prove. Meanwhile, those who played and coached for and against the man say the opposite. Nevermind, you're right...he's terrible.Smile[/QUOTE I have been to probably 80% of the games Paintsville has played, and i see the same thing there. "THE LEGENDS" index finger against his nose and his chin resting on his thumb. Once again i have been around Basketball all my life. (doesnt make me an authority on it in no way) But i know for a fact that someone that wanted to be there could do wonders with this tiger team. No doubt about "THE LEGENDS" records and accopmplishments. I have read them on here several times. Just wished he would coach during the game. JMO and in no way am i trying to get under anyones skin. Just not fair to the kids. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
eaglehoops Wrote:Smile You got that right! Congrats JC, this goes to show all of us and I'm included that these guys have rallied around Starns and while I have been hard on him in the past I want to say that I'm all in for him because right now he's our coach and that's all that matters! Hope to see everyone back out tomorrow night for the JC vs. Pville girls game!

Should be interesting. Coach Starns is getting body painted and attending the girls game to cheer the girls on. Who would have thought that of Coach Starns? Great game JC! You guys have overcome alot of adversity this year and I'm proud of everyone of you....and I'm even more proud of Coach Starns and his staff for sticking it out and pulling this team together.
eaglehoops Wrote:Same here... can't wait to see it, I wonder if the coaching staff of the girls team will do the same for the boys? Anyone know if it would happen?

Now really, would you want to see Phillip Wireman body painted?

:dontthink :dontthink

I don't think so!!!Smile
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:[QUOTE=Big Jim]I've played for several coaches who will let a team ride through getting thumped and Bill Mike is one. The reason was always the same. That being, the team wasn't executing, or even attemting to execute the game plan.

The only resume to prove anything is the whole resume. One game here and there can prove anything your agenda driven mind wants to prove. Meanwhile, those who played and coached for and against the man say the opposite. Nevermind, you're right...he's terrible.Smile[/QUOTE I have been to probably 80% of the games Paintsville has played, and i see the same thing there. "THE LEGENDS" index finger against his nose and his chin resting on his thumb. Once again i have been around Basketball all my life. (doesnt make me an authority on it in no way) But i know for a fact that someone that wanted to be there could do wonders with this tiger team. No doubt about "THE LEGENDS" records and accopmplishments. I have read them on here several times. Just wished he would coach during the game. JMO and in no way am i trying to get under anyones skin. Just not fair to the kids. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Iwas hoping i'd finally figure it out...scorn. I'm merely guessing, guessing you've got something to do with the alleged person that could help him.
The King Wrote:Were there any D1 coaches there to watch Landon?

I hope not because I think they would see that McCarty is the best red head in Johnson Co. Also Mike Conley keep working hard you will go places with your effort.
I was hoping I'd finally figure it out...scorn. I'm merely guessing. guessing you've got something to do with the alleged person that could help him.[/QUOTE] :lame:
The Guru Wrote:My thoughts......Paintsville came out Shootin treys....Van and Blake hit one apiece but they were 2 for 21 on treys alone in the first half!!! They went inside only five times in the first period and were 3-3 and got fouled twice.
After that, I went to pop, popcorn. came back to watch us get down by 23 and our entire coaching staff just sat there looking as if they would rather be shaving their butts.
Then...all on their own, Paintsville started getting more agressive and got the game going in the tempo that they play best at. JC started getting flustered and the lead kept getting smaller and smaller very quickly.....Paintsville got to within 7 points with over 4 minutes left, and for some ungodly reason we called a timeout from the bench!!! I guess we just can't stand prosperity?? JC was allowed to regroup and it cost us probably the biggest comeback in our history!
I asked an asst. after the game why we called the timeout? He said..."we were getting winded.....sometimes you just have to call a timeout". What mularky!!! Didn't they think JCHS was getting winded? When you get tired your shots not falling is the first thing to go....that wasn't us!!! That was JC. Our boys made a game out of it by heart, determination, guts, and adrenaline!!! The timeout clearly changed the momentum!
Personally, I just don't think we can coach a team that is suited for a running game.
I know there have been many wins by doing this, but IMHO, I think it might have more to do with just the kids.
I am not saying anything bad about our coaches, cause I feel we have the best. I just feel like a Danny Haney type would know how to get these particular kids on their game night in and night out.

:thumpsup: For the most part, I agree totally!! I think that the Tigers could've kept it going but the TO really busted up the momentum. But even though they had a shot by getting within 3, you almost have to play perfect when you are down 23 points that late in the game and Paintsville only played maybe 85% of perfect late in the game.

But you have to remember that it was the lack of a game plan (or at least a good one) that got Paintsville down by 23 to start with. There is more to basketball than shooting 3's. If you can't hit them you see what happens. And (don't get me wrong b/c I like BMR and support him and he has a great list of accomplishments) but there is more to coaching than just sitting on the bench with your head down while your players run down the floor and shoot 3's without running any plays. And that is exactly what happened the first 2 1/2 quarters. Sometimes, BMR acts like he can't do anything with those boys and I can't figure out why.

But if the Tigers had hit 40% of those 3's early on, we wouldn't be discussing the upset of the Tigers! Maybe this will be a warning to the Tiger players and coaches that you have more than a 3 point shooting team and you have to play hard the whole game.
Congrats to the Eagles on the victory! The Eagles played consistent for 4 quarters, they out hustled the Tigers, they looked beyond all of the negative issues that has surrounded the team lately, and McCarty played a good and unselfish game. And for that the Eagles should be congratulated.

The Eagles as I have said previously pose a threat to any team. They haven't had a great season, but they cannot be counted out of any game. Teams had better not overlook them. SV learned a little about them when they played recently and now Paintsville has as well. IMO SV and Paintsville are still the Region favorites, BUT as I have previously said, ANYTHING can happen in the tourneys!!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next