Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Gross or Kasey Clark?
You know I've thought about this alot and here's what I've decided.

You can't compare these 2 on an 11man team.

I mean what are we picking for a game of sandlot where it's 2 on 2?

So I say here's my ultimate backfield at Russell for the McGlone Era.

Clark- Running Back
Frasure-Running Back
Gross- Wing back
If I had to choose one player to give the ball too it would be Gross. He was the best ball carrier I have seen at Russell.

To choose a All Russell backfield for the McGlone era.
RB Gross
RB Clark
FB Groves
QB Muncy
Idoc Wrote:Bizmark, chill out. I never said Kasey cost us the game!!!! Where in the world did you get that from my post. We win and lose as a team. Kasey had two terrific State Championship games that all RHS fans can be proud of.
Your promise was that Gross could not do any better and I think that statement is hard to back up one way or another.

your right. i dont think josh could have played better.
I know it is opinions but if anyone puts ray clark in an all-time russell backfield I would just have ask what your smoking. There were games he didn't wnat anything to do with contact.

To the question of Gross or Kasey? Both had something special can't really compare them. If you want all i would add to the conversation is 2-AA State Championship.
BBB Wrote:I know it is opinions but if anyone puts ray clark in an all-time russell backfield I would just have ask what your smoking. There were games he didn't wnat anything to do with contact.

To the question of Gross or Kasey? Both had something special can't really compare them. If you want all i would add to the conversation is 2-AA State Championship.

Where are you seeing anything about Ray Clark in an all Russell backfield?
I saw it on one of the boards but after reading again not on this one. sorry
Gross or Clark, gross or clark,grossorclarkgrossorclarkgrossorclark.......This is all starting to run together. You forget about Robert Brown, John Groves.......or someone other than these guys.....These two kids were the best that people can remember recently and they drive the attention. They both set records, they both are at the top of the leader boards in alot of catagories...They both played in the same backfield on the same team and they could not beat BELFRY.. Now are you telling me that BELFRY had the best backs in the history of their school that year...Probably so..........Did we??? Probably so because they are mentioned HERE in this thread competing against each other on whos best....... I would rather have championships, wins and undefeated seasons with a team that plays together rather than someone focusing on whos the best.. NOW I KNOW.. the kids did not start this thread, but alot of kids read these threads. To read a thread about your son,brother, cousin or friend and always have to feel you have to add more fuel to the fire about who was better, who is better, who will do the most in college...... How about who will grow up and give back to the community, and pass on the talents of their earnings and help develop a kid who doesnt even know who they are.." Josh did you play football in high school???" - I can hear it now- "Yea, I played running back when I was in school."
"Kasey did you ever play football in high school?- " Yea I played running back when I was in high school.".... These records may live at Russel for years and no one will ever come close to them. They are both great running backs, had the opportuniy to see both of them play together in the same backfield........Man I wish we could have beat Belfry that year....
PLease stop this thread about whos better. let them have their glory, their records and their dreams of being the best they could be..........in high school.They will both be remembered as two of the best at Russell, let their records stand for themselves.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
BBB Wrote:I saw it on one of the boards but after reading again not on this one. sorry

No need to apologize. Just wondering because I have never heard that name brought up before.
devilologist chill out man. this is just so people can talk about stuff, you know that. if you want to hear about whos going to be the better person and give more back to the community then start a thread about that. you wantin to close this thread would be like closin a thread on the final score of a ball game. i could say "stop this thread. they are both good teams and one lost so it doesnt even matter" becasue thats what your sayin. if you dont like this thread then dont read it.
bizmark Wrote:devilologist chill out man. this is just so people can talk about stuff, you know that. if you want to hear about whos going to be the better person and give more back to the community then start a thread about that. you wantin to close this thread would be like closin a thread on the final score of a ball game. i could say "stop this thread. they are both good teams and one lost so it doesnt even matter" becasue thats what your sayin. if you dont like this thread then dont read it.

Bizmark I cannot understand why you find it necessary to argue with someone for stating their opinion on the subject. Let them state their opinion and move on. No need to be so defensive just because someones opinion differs from yours.
Thanks for the input Midee1. If anyone knows me I spout off at lesser things. Yea I have learned alot from being a moderator, I have learned to keep my cool and to keep my personal thoguts out of respondings to posts. I am saying that everyone is going to have different opinions and this will never be solved.....Thats all I ma saying, you can not have a winner in this catogory unless you have 2 winners in this catagory.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
no the only thing that agervates me is that this thread does have a topic and jsut because devilologist doesnt like the topic he wants the thread closed. there have obviously been alot of people post on this thread so i dont see why he gets mad about us sayin who we think is better between the two. were talkin about football, not what theyre gonna do off the field later. just their high school careers
bizmark Wrote:no the only thing that agervates me is that this thread does have a topic and jsut because devilologist doesnt like the topic he wants the thread closed. there have obviously been alot of people post on this thread so i dont see why he gets mad about us sayin who we think is better between the two. were talkin about football, not what theyre gonna do off the field later. just their high school careers

He never said he wanted the thread closed. He said stop with the who's better thread. There is no real answer to that question. We all have our opinions on who's better and they are just that....Opinions. We could argue the fact for years and at the end there will be people that still like one better than the other.

The fact of the matter is that both were excellent football players in their own right.
yes they both are
Hey BIZ we agree on that ........OOOOH scary thought huh...
haha
i've played against them both and kasey is a geat player but i would say josh because he didn't run as hard but was a little tougher to catch
im gonna have to say gross...kasey got a lil bit cocky this yr and tried to run around to much and then didnt get anywhere....gross ran straight and fast..but im not taking anything away from kasey he was a good running back but gross was better
RedDevilRB Wrote:im gonna have to say gross...kasey got a lil bit cocky this yr and tried to run around to much and then didnt get anywhere....gross ran straight and fast..but im not taking anything away from kasey he was a good running back but gross was better
Gross did not run straight. He was all over the place, practically impossible to tackle. When Kasey was on his game he would just carry you, stiff arm you or run over you, It was when he tried to juke and jive that Kasey had problems, but he worked those type's of thing out his Junior year.
and I don't think gross played healthy every time i played him he had a massive knee brace ond and i used to see it at my doctors office on crutches all the time.
^kasey played the playoffs this year with a torn miniscuss
RedDevilRB Wrote:im gonna have to say gross...kasey got a lil bit cocky this yr and tried to run around to much and then didnt get anywhere....gross ran straight and fast..but im not taking anything away from kasey he was a good running back but gross was better

and i agree with devilswins response to this. but for devilrb, if you know kasey then you would know that he was actually less cocky this year then he had ever been at any point in his life. when he dance it wasnt because of cockiness, but he was trying to make something out of nothing instead of going ahead and takin the 3 yards at a time that mcglone preaches about.
bizmark Wrote:^kasey played the playoffs this year with a torn miniscuss
i seen him on crutches on day and playing that night
maybe my memory is slippin but i cant remember josh bein on crutches at any time.
bizmark Wrote:maybe my memory is slippin but i cant remember josh bein on crutches at any time.
he went to doctor atkin when i i did he was on crutches and he played against us that night
in 04 he had a bad ankle but i never remember him on crutches
DevilsWin Wrote:Gross did not run straight. He was all over the place, practically impossible to tackle. When Kasey was on his game he would just carry you, stiff arm you or run over you, It was when he tried to juke and jive that Kasey had problems, but he worked those type's of thing out his Junior year.
Gross was not a power back but he did run straight. He made his cut and headed straight up field. His vision and cutting ability are phemomenal. See the hole. Cut back. Straight up the field. He did not do alot of dancing around. He was the best I ever saw at doing this. Amazing cutbacks. Could cut on a dime and be back to full speed in a couple of steps.
bizmark Wrote:in 04 he had a bad ankle but i never remember him on crutches
He had a bad knee as well. He missed the first game of the season but played against Ashland. He was nowhere near 100%. he wore a huge knee brace the entire season.
FBALL Wrote:He had a bad knee as well. He missed the first game of the season but played against Ashland. He was nowhere near 100%. he wore a huge knee brace the entire season.

i know he missed the greenup game and wore a knee brace, but still, i went to school with him and never saw him on a pair of crutches
FBALL Wrote:Gross was not a power back but he did run straight. He made his cut and headed straight up field. His vision and cutting ability are phemomenal. See the hole. Cut back. Straight up the field. He did not do alot of dancing around. He was the best I ever saw at doing this. Amazing cutbacks. Could cut on a dime and be back to full speed in a couple of steps.

I have to agree with Fball here. Gross didn't dance around and juke and jive. He was excellent at reading the blocks in front of him.

As Charlie Dunlap used to say, " A little Shake and Bake".