Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Vs. Pikeville for county championship
NEXT Wrote:Some of these post are just flat crazy.

1 - Garris asigned the officials
2 - One of the officials has a daughter that attend Pikeville Middle School

Belfry did not lose because of all that though, they lost because they didn't make shots, plain and simple.

Facts-
1.Kevin Garris does not assign officials for junior high basketball. he only does for football. The Pike County Board of Ed. assigns the officials. Jerry Hurly
2.That referee is from floyd county. he was chosen as one of the best referees in the 15th region
3.Get it straight
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Thats exactly what EVERYBODY from Belfry thought. Thats where the racial stuff is coming from. Thanks for clarifing.

well sorry but maybe people need to find out before they spread rumors
panther- Wrote:hahahhhah thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. what now people cant paint their bodies without being called "racist". Pikeville is no where near racist. Signs? sorry but check out your signs belfry. your the ones who said "glorified rednecks" now arent you

Theres no need for you to be a smart alleck to reply. This is soposed to be a tasteful site for people to talk, be mature and voice opinions. What my post said was that was what everybody thought not necessarily just myself. What about the gloried redneck sign? I didn't see it, didn't make it, but it dont sound like it was directed towards anyone imparticular. and I can't comment on here just exactly how the bodies were painted to make people think it was directed towards our player but he wasn't just painted black.
panther- Wrote:well sorry but maybe people need to find out before they spread rumors

It wasn't rumors after the game, it was opinions at the game.
Besides why would pikeville put racist slurs on the signs. If you are so observant, then why didnt you observe that there were more than 5 African American fans, in the pikeville section.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Theres no need for you to be a smart alleck to reply. This is soposed to be a tasteful site for people to talk, be mature and voice opinions. What my post said was that was what everybody thought not necessarily just myself. What about the gloried redneck sign? I didn't see it, didn't make it, but it dont sound like it was directed towards anyone imparticular. and I can't comment on here just exactly how the bodies were painted to make people think it was directed towards our player but he wasn't just painted black.

How could you not see it Belfry Fans ran up and down the baseline under Pikeville goal and in front of the fan section.

Yeah, you know it was directed toward pikeville

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BLACK BODY PAINT IS BEING RACIST.
CG#20 Wrote:see ur complaining again i dont like pikeville either but i now anynite their jr. high team can beat anyone around here

For the record, they arent complaining, just making a true statement. I was sittting there myself...saw it twice in about the same place. Not that it matters...but its true.
sorry but referees could not change the game with that big of a lead, Belfrys closest was 6 or 7 at the half

also Pikeville had 9 fouls. Belfry had 10. At the Final.
Sure sounds uneven to me. One of pikevilles players fould out also
panther- Wrote:How could you not see it Belfry Fans ran up and down the baseline under Pikeville goal and in front of the fan section.

Yeah, you know it was directed toward pikeville

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BLACK BODY PAINT IS BEING RACIST.

Guess I was more into the game. I'm one of the adults who was there cheering on the kids, not one of the students. Im sure it was directed towards Pikeville, I wasn't saying that. I was saying it wasn't directed at any one person or race. It was just a sign, like your sign that read the good the bad the ugly...Pikeville, EC, and Belfry. Just a sign.
Did we have one name calling poster. NO
panther- Wrote:looks like someone cant take a loss quietly
Im sorry but if you read the whole thread from post # 1 on, its mostly Belfry having to defend themselves. Voicing opinions, knowing they didn't play good, and congratulating Pikeville.
panther- Wrote:Did we have one name calling poster. NO

Shew...If you remember this was started because A LOT of people thought the coon poster was....but that has been corrected.
exactly it has been corrected
and the poster was not made at the game
panther- Wrote:sorry but referees could not change the game with that big of a lead, Belfrys closest was 6 or 7 at the half

also Pikeville had 9 fouls. Belfry had 10. At the Final.
Sure sounds uneven to me. One of pikevilles players fould out also

Would you PLEASE go back and read this thread before continuing to post. I have not read anywhere wheere anyone thought the refs cost the game. I HAVE read however where yes they stunk but Pikeville would have won anyway.
everyone is tired of complaining about refs
sure pikeville could have complained that the refs were setup at the game at belfry because it was 8th grade night and they were not going to take a loss. But did anyone. No. pikeville had 8th grade night feds creek cancelled because of snow. So Pikeville played Pikevilles freshman.
panther- Wrote:everyone is tired of complaining about refs
sure pikeville could have complained that the refs were setup at the game at belfry because it was 8th grade night and they were not going to take a loss. But did anyone. No. pikeville had 8th grade night feds creek cancelled because of snow. So Pikeville played Pikevilles freshman.

You may not be aware of it but we did hear complaints that Pikeville cheated for Belfry at Belfry. It happens at every game.

For the record Pikeville held up a sign thought out the tourney that read Hey Ref but a ticket get in the game and everytime we got a call Pikeville boo'd. It happens. BUT AGAIN....NO ONE on here has blamed this game on refs. Again, its like if Belfry has a comlaint they are whinning but if Pikeville has a complaint its legit.
panther- Wrote:Belfry fans make you proud? Pikeville is town full of disrespectful people? wow
here are some things that were done last night.

1.A fan had a red laser light from belfry shining it on the floor and in the players eyes.
2.The police had to back the belfry fan section off of the floor more than 3 times
3.Belfry CHEERLEADERS ripped down the pikeville signs off of the wall.
4.The coach was cursing every breath
5.The coach yelled at a player that was injured and out for the season that was sitting on the bench
6.The belfry fans made a sign that said "Panthers = Glorified Rednecks" (and you call Pikeville disrespectful)
7. a fan ran in front of the pikeville fan section back and forth.

May I add the principal nor the young coach said one thing about it

Now thats right down class! Rolleyes
First of all try and keep things in context...I am aware that not all of Pikeville is rude & disrespectful and that was not what I said. You are a representive of Pikeville when you are on here and thats the image that you and blackflag portray. Sad to say your fans were not much better that night. I can assure you if any of Belfry's parents or Coach Varney & Mr. Hurley were aware that a child had a laser light it would have been taken. Our cheerleaders considering the fact they had grown women screaming at them did an amazing job. The signs were not as bad as some of the ones Pikeville had up about Belfry the night before we even played. There was one that said something 2 the effect the good-Pikeville, the bad-******, the ugly Belfry but, that was OK cause Pikeville did it..huh!
Just pointing this out i know a kid from p-ville who says they made the coon sign for 2 reasons for the nickname and for one id rather not mention
legacy1 Wrote:First of all try and keep things in context...I am aware that not all of Pikeville is rude & disrespectful and that was not what I said. You are a representive of Pikeville when you are on here and thats the image that you and blackflag portray. Sad to say your fans were not much better that night. I can assure you if any of Belfry's parents or Coach Varney & Mr. Hurley were aware that a child had a laser light it would have been taken. Our cheerleaders considering the fact they had grown women screaming at them did an amazing job. The signs were not as bad as some of the ones Pikeville had up about Belfry the night before we even played. There was one that said something 2 the effect the good-Pikeville, the bad-******, the ugly Belfry but, that was OK cause Pikeville did it..huh!
legacy1 your stupid...just dont even talk anymoreConfusedhh:
legacy1 Wrote:First of all try and keep things in context...I am aware that not all of Pikeville is rude & disrespectful and that was not what I said. You are a representive of Pikeville when you are on here and thats the image that you and blackflag portray. Sad to say your fans were not much better that night. I can assure you if any of Belfry's parents or Coach Varney & Mr. Hurley were aware that a child had a laser light it would have been taken. Our cheerleaders considering the fact they had grown women screaming at them did an amazing job. The signs were not as bad as some of the ones Pikeville had up about Belfry the night before we even played. There was one that said something 2 the effect the good-Pikeville, the bad-******, the ugly Belfry but, that was OK cause Pikeville did it..huh!

Grown Women screaming at them huh.
I guess u must have not seen Belfrys cheering section on the floor!! yelling pikeville sucks. %#!@ Pikeville . taunting players with their flags. Cheerleaders even being disrespectful pounding on the floor while a player was on tthe freethrow line screaming miss it. im sure mrs. Wheeler has more class!! YES THE SIGNS WERE WORSE THAN PIKEVILLES. I THINK "GLORIFIED REDNECK" is pretty rude to me. we could have called belfry rednecks. did we NO. the worse sign was the good the bad the ugly. Belfry also had a sign that said #3 needs to get vaccinated. and Coach Garris Getting T'D up is priceless. while belfrys coach got T'd up at Pikeville then BEGGED not to get one last night!
PiratePride Wrote:Just pointing this out i know a kid from p-ville who says they made the coon sign for 2 reasons for the nickname and for one id rather not mention

sure you do. THE SIGN WAS MADE FOR HIS NICKNAME. because he got a black eye practice around his eye so he looked like a raccoon
Again very mature and tasteful....as always!!!
You bet
legacy1 Wrote:Again very mature and tasteful....as always!!!
dude didnt you just read that post i said dont talk anymore...are you retardedSmile
panther- Wrote:Grown Women screaming at them huh.
I guess u must have not seen Belfrys cheering section on the floor!! yelling pikeville sucks. %#!@ Pikeville . taunting players with their flags. Cheerleaders even being disrespectful pounding on the floor while a player was on tthe freethrow line screaming miss it. im sure mrs. Wheeler has more class!! YES THE SIGNS WERE WORSE THAN PIKEVILLES. I THINK "GLORIFIED REDNECK" is pretty rude to me. we could have called belfry rednecks. did we NO. the worse sign was the good the bad the ugly. Belfry also had a sign that said #3 needs to get vaccinated. and Coach Garris Getting T'D up is priceless. while belfrys coach got T'd up at Pikeville then BEGGED not to get one last night!

Panther I'm not going to argue with you all night. This is not the place. We try to keep this site for opinions and discussions. YES Grown women I have them on tape!!!!!!! As for the fan section, they are kids and were no worse than your kids and the cheerleaders were taunted all night by your fan section. You may as wewll get off your kick that Pikeviile does no wrong and Belfrys awful. Theres no excuse for adults behaving that way. Kids are kids and need to be controlled but Pikeviiles just as guilty as anybody else.
PiratePride Wrote:Im not one to complain, Belfry wasn't on last night, but the refs were pitiful.

coaching coaching please wake up at belfry middle school. coaching coaching coaching:flame: the coach.
panther- Wrote:Facts-
1.Kevin Garris does not assign officials for junior high basketball. he only does for football. The Pike County Board of Ed. assigns the officials. Jerry Hurly
2.That referee is from floyd county. he was chosen as one of the best referees in the 15th region
3.Get it straight

:flame: the coach at belfry middle. hellow
This thread has become nothing but a name calling, coach bashing thead and will now be closed.

If anyone wants to start a respectful thread on the game and discuss it on a more mature level you can start a new one. It will be watched.

Congtatulations Pikeville...Good job Belfry