Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry and Pulaski Co.
If you don't believe they have that much talent year after year then go look in their trophy case it might change your mind.

It was best said earlier, this would have been a must see game in the years 13, 14, 15. But not so much now.
jumperdogpete Wrote:SORRY no one believes the little town of belfry has that much talent year after year in their town ,
Belfry, Kentucky is located in Kentucky
Belfry, Kentucky
Belfry, Kentucky
Coordinates: 37°37′13″N 82°16′09″WCoordinates: 37°37′13″N 82°16′09″W
Country United States
State Kentucky
County Pike
Area[1]
• Land 54.9394 sq mi (142.292 km2)
Elevation 712 ft (217 m)
Population (2000)[2]
• Total 3,478
Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
• Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4)
ZIP code 41514
Area code(s) 606
GNIS feature ID 486781[3]

We don't have any more talent than any other schools I mean we have as much as anyone else our kids are just tougher than most just tough ass kids raised in the head of these hollow's that will smack you in the mouth that is the difference in Belfry and these other schools you people need to toughen your kids up come up and watch a practice or two and go back and make them a little tougher LOL
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:We don't have any more talent than any other schools I mean we have as much as anyone else our kids are just tougher than most just tough ass kids raised in the head of these hollow's that will smack you in the mouth that is the difference in Belfry and these other schools you people need to toughen your kids up come up and watch a practice or two and go back and make them a little tougher LOL
You keep telling yourself that
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:We don't have any more talent than any other schools I mean we have as much as anyone else our kids are just tougher than most just tough ass kids raised in the head of these hollow's that will smack you in the mouth that is the difference in Belfry and these other schools you people need to toughen your kids up come up and watch a practice or two and go back and make them a little tougher LOL

I wouldn't say its just toughness.

6'2" 300lbs
6'5" 300lbs
6'7" 310lbs
6'0" 260lbs
6'3" 285lbs
6'1" 240lbs

I'd say this helps a lot...
Belfry jaw muscles sure are tough. If it were up to the professional expert analysts at Belfry, they'd beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl this year. Either that or complain because Belichick won't play them.
When Granny Bear reads this we all getting a spanking! :yikes:
Willie Turnover Wrote:When Granny Bear reads this we all getting a spanking! :yikes:

I was thinking the same thing! Lol
A lot of jawing going on from both sides. IMO. this thread 's usefulness has ran its course and should be closed. Words are becoming too personal.
Willie Turnover Wrote:When Granny Bear reads this we all getting a spanking! :yikes:

This is one thing we all can agree on
Well I'm done with this thread talk to you girls later
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:A lot of jawing going on from both sides. IMO. this thread 's usefulness has ran its course and should be closed. Words are becoming too personal.

Both sides? Belfry started the thread. The dude attacking Belfry on recruiting is not a Pulaski guy, he is an anti-Belfry guy and we all know why. I don't think anything has gotten personal, but I do see why all the "rational" Belfry fans would want this thread closed now. A classy fan of an elite program would have wanted it closed after the first post. Some of you fans are delusional, no offense to the good ones.
Would love to see this game get played
jumperdogpete Wrote:SORRY no one believes the little town of belfry has that much talent year after year in their town ,
Belfry, Kentucky is located in Kentucky
Belfry, Kentucky
Belfry, Kentucky
Coordinates: 37°37′13″N 82°16′09″WCoordinates: 37°37′13″N 82°16′09″W
Country United States
State Kentucky
County Pike
Area[1]
• Land 54.9394 sq mi (142.292 km2)
Elevation 712 ft (217 m)
Population (2000)[2]
• Total 3,478
Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
• Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4)
ZIP code 41514
Area code(s) 606
GNIS feature ID 486781[3]

This only describes the area of the Belfry unincorporated community. This is a very small area and does not encompass the entire school district. There are about 40 towns (as designated by Zip Code by the US Post Office) in Pike Co. of those the following all have kids who attend Belfry (Belfry, South Williamson, Forest Hills, Hardy, Huddy, McAndrews, Stone, Pinsonfork, Sidney, Canada, Ransom, Rockhouse). One of those may actually be part of the Phelps district but I don't have a district map so I am going on memory of where kids where from when I went to school there, heck McCarr may have also been one, thats beside the point however. You can't just lookup Belfry on Wikipedia or Google Maps and attempt to understand the geography or the "talent" comes from as it keeps getting put. Once you add all those little Pike Co towns and you get a much larger area than what you showed in your little Wikipedia screen grab.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:This only describes the area of the Belfry unincorporated community. This is a very small area and does not encompass the entire school district. There are about 40 towns (as designated by Zip Code by the US Post Office) in Pike Co. of those the following all have kids who attend Belfry (Belfry, South Williamson, Forest Hills, Hardy, Huddy, McAndrews, Stone, Pinsonfork, Sidney, Canada, Ransom, Rockhouse). One of those may actually be part of the Phelps district but I don't have a district map so I am going on memory of where kids where from when I went to school there, heck McCarr may have also been one, thats beside the point however. You can't just lookup Belfry on Wikipedia or Google Maps and attempt to understand the geography or the "talent" comes from as it keeps getting put. Once you add all those little Pike Co towns and you get a much larger area than what you showed in your little Wikipedia screen grab.
don't forget the towns in WV
jumperdogpete Wrote:don't forget the towns in WV

Yes, how could I forget all of the super talent that comes across the river from WV. Our super secret mega talent pipeline that produces so many D1 and NFL players. 99% of kids from WV come to the Belfry School District years before High School and years before anyone has any idea of what their athletic prowess might be.

If you wanted to argue that Belfry's elevated success is a product of a 6 class system I might agree but to keep killing the "recruiting" horse is ignorant, since the hows and whys have been explained so many times.
One Belfry fan takes an obvious shot & swings down at Pulaski for not adjusting the schedule to play and no one says anything. Now that they've attracted a bunch of recruiting haymakers from all over, all Pirates are out of the woodwork defending on their heels.

"Contact the KHSAA..." -- Belfry fan #1.

"It's getting too personal..." -- Belfry fan #2.

"This thread needs to be closed..." -- Belfry fan #3.

Get out of here. If you can't take it, don't dish it.
Wildcat18 Wrote:One Belfry fan takes an obvious shot & swings down at Pulaski for not adjusting the schedule to play and no one says anything. Now that they've attracted a bunch of recruiting haymakers from all over, all Pirates are out of the woodwork defending on their heels.

"Contact the KHSAA..." -- Belfry fan #1.

"It's getting too personal..." -- Belfry fan #2.

"This thread needs to be closed..." -- Belfry fan #3.

Get out of here. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Don't worry....no one is leaving. No reason too...... That 4-peat gets sweeter by the day. my posts have been civil the entire time.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Don't worry....no one is leaving. No reason too...... That 4-peat gets sweeter by the day. my posts have been civil the entire time.

So you're comment earlier about the thread needing to be closed because it was becoming too personal... Was that directed toward the title of this thread (which was uncalled for in the first place) or was that directed at all the negative feedback Belfry has encountered for recruiting? If it were due to the title of the thread, you may have my respect. But it wasn't, it was due to what the dialogue has turned into.

No one outside of Belfry or 3A (or maybe Johnson Central as a rival) cares what Belfry does. That's just the reality. Personally, I don't care if Belfry recruits or If they play Pulaski during the season. Neither one is a gain or a loss for me. I simply enjoy Belfry trying to take jabs at others and it backfiring. Belfry folks are scrambling for words and explanations. The one who started this thread has already backed out because it hasn't generated the negative discussion toward Pulaski that he thought it would. I suggest you folks Google the term "humble." That's a word that is not in Belfry's vocabulary. All programs have that 1 fan who gives us a bad name. Belfry just happens to have a few more.
Wildcat18 Wrote:So you're comment earlier about the thread needing to be closed because it was becoming too personal... Was that directed toward the title of this thread (which was uncalled for in the first place) or was that directed at all the negative feedback Belfry has encountered for recruiting? If it were due to the title of the thread, you may have my respect. But it wasn't, it was due to what the dialogue has turned into.

No one outside of Belfry or 3A (or maybe Johnson Central as a rival) cares what Belfry does. That's just the reality. Personally, I don't care if Belfry recruits or If they play Pulaski during the season. Neither one is a gain or a loss for me. I simply enjoy Belfry trying to take jabs at others and it backfiring. Belfry folks are scrambling for words and explanations. The one who started this thread has already backed out because it hasn't generated the negative discussion toward Pulaski that he thought it would. I suggest you folks Google the term "humble." That's a word that is not in Belfry's vocabulary. All programs have that 1 fan who gives us a bad name. Belfry just happens to have a few more.

Quite Honestly....I don't know who started the thread. My remark regarding it becoming too personal was squarely directed at two individual posters who began going at each other and their military background, etc etc etc

You seem to be upset over the thread in general.....you need to take that up with the originator.....not me.

I understand that every fan base has it's fair share of buttholes....including your fan base and mine. But I also think this thread is prime example of people going a little to far in their fandom and or hatefulness.

Lastly....I agree....fans should try to say humble. What goes up eventually has to come down. Belfry is no different. Just ask Highlands.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Quite Honestly....I don't know who started the thread. My remark regarding it becoming too personal was squarely directed at two individual posters who began going at each other and their military background, etc etc etc

You seem to be upset over the thread in general.....you need to take that up with the originator.....not me.

I understand that every fan base has it's fair share of buttholes....including your fan base and mine. But I also think this thread is prime example of people going a little to far in their fandom and or hatefulness.

Lastly....I agree....fans should try to say humble. What goes up eventually has to come down. Belfry is no different. Just ask Highlands.

Your response, "That 4-peat gets sweeter by the day," to my original comment explains your connection to the rest of them. It was meant with a smart@$$ tone and it puts you in that same category. Belfry folks are full of verbal cheap shots, but can't take them in return. The fact that the thread was even created by a Belfry guy shows how classless you guys are for the most part. I have a feeling Coach Haywood would be disappointed in how a lot of his "fans" carry themselves outside of Friday nights with some of the comments I've seen made on BGR over the years. Again, it's not everyone. I'm not upset at the thread whatsoever. I just think it's humorous watching you all squirm for explanations after some of the accusations made following the failed attempt to stir the pot with Pulaski.
You mean to tell me that in 5 pages of this drivel......you've clung to my phrase "that 4-peat gets sweeter by the day" to hang your hat on. C'mon, really??? You gotta do better than that?? BTW....your smarta$$ tone is what started this little charade.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You mean to tell me that in 5 pages of this drivel......you've clung to my phrase "that 4-peat gets sweeter by the day" to hang your hat on. C'mon, really??? You gotta do better than that?? BTW....your smarta$$ tone is what started this little charade.

You're the only one smart (or dumb) enough to keep responding. Good thing you guys can play a little pigskin because you all don't have much else to bring to the table. :popcorn:
Wildcat18 Wrote:Belfry jaw muscles sure are tough. If it were up to the professional expert analysts at Belfry, they'd beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl this year. Either that or complain because Belichick won't play them.

The Patriots would cheat anyway and would give them a 7 point advantage. Belfry would still be in the game. Lol. What a comparison. Some people are real jokes here. Everyone wants to take a shot at you when you are on top. Most making negative comments about Belfry would be lucky to find Belfry on a map. I am so entertained by the level of stupid here. Some are full of 💩. LOL
I hadn't checked on this thread because I didn't think two of my favorite fan bases would get childish and petty. I was wrong.