Jacob New
Clayton Purvis
Trevor Ridner
Dylan Hopkins
Jake Johnson
Please, pick out ANY of these players that came in from another school
These are the 13 seniors from Pulaski County

That's not Riley Hall's senior class.
#1 the Belfry recruiting talk is old and stupid. Put your money where your mouth is and call Julian.
#2 the trying to shame Pulaski for not wanting to work out a game with Belfry is PETTY and should be beneath Pirate nation.
Wildcat18 Wrote:That's not Riley Hall's senior class.

Travis Bechard
Derek Burgett
Allen Cline
Jarod Denney
Michael Dobbs
Brandon Goodling
George Gregory
Riley Hall
Mason Helton
Christian Holman
Ryan Pollard
Jake Roberts
Jesse Whitaker
Ok, find anyone on this list?
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well my son has lived and played here his whole live he's a Jr and has started all three years at Belfry his mother is from WV after we got married we moved to Belfry half the people that came to watch my son play was from across the river his grandfather his aunts cousins and this is just one Ky boy so why would seeing WV cars at our games shock you evidently you all don't understand our area it's separated by a small river we have more kids from WV that just go to school there than than plays any sports

Not knocking you guys at all, like I said if my boy lived in the area that's where he would go, no one would have to come knocking at my door to convince me of that. My point was just that there was an awful lot of WV support at the state championship, and there were multiple numbers on these cars not just one. You can have kids come in from WV without recruiting, but I find it hard to believe that you can deny you have kids on the team that are from there. I also understand the geographical area of Belfry and understand that there is only a small river that separates it into KY, that's why I think logically that there would be WV kids that played for Belfry. My point is don't deny you have them, that's what makes it look bad. When people make comments just ask them where they would send their kids if they lived around there.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Travis Bechard
Derek Burgett
Allen Cline
Jarod Denney
Michael Dobbs
Brandon Goodling
George Gregory
Riley Hall
Mason Helton
Christian Holman
Ryan Pollard
Jake Roberts
Jesse Whitaker
Ok, find anyone on this list?

To help prove your point, all of those played at Northern Middle with the exception of Burgett (Science Hill). I know nothing about Dobbs and Goodling.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Tyler Baugh
Rickey Maxey
Jaylon Conwell
Daniel Mink
Cullen Cox
Jackson Mobley
Cody Daniel
Jaxon Morgan
Jacob New
Clayton Purvis
Trevor Ridner
Dylan Hopkins
Jake Johnson
Please, pick out ANY of these players that came in from another school
These are the 13 seniors from Pulaski County

Every player on this list played middle school ball at Northern with the exception of Purvis. I believe he moved to Southern and returned to PC for high school.
#3 the pulaski recruiting stuff is old and stupid too. Put your money where your mouth is and call Julian.
Iam4thecats Wrote:#1 the Belfry recruiting talk is old and stupid. Put your money where your mouth is and call Julian.
#2 the trying to shame Pulaski for not wanting to work out a game with Belfry is PETTY and should be beneath Pirate nation.
This a thousand times over.

Belfry isn't out there recruiting kids, they don't need to. They have 7-8 kids on the roster that live in WV and I think only 2 starters. The only kids who have contributed on the field over the past few years have all come up through Belfry's middle school program with the exception of Corbett and Joplin. Corbett transferred to Belfry from Logan WV after his freshman year and Joplin transferred to Belfry from Mingo Central, but transferred back mid season.

Those claims are overblown and speculative. Most people who repeat it are really just misinformed. There is nothing illegal about kids playing for your team that live outside your district.

On the scheduling issue, it is tough to work out scheduling for many reasons and Belfry fans throwing shade on Pulaski is petty. No need for that. There are lots of teams who don't want to play the Pirates for various reasons, including travel, competition level, etc. It is what it is.

Look for a deal to work out with Cabell Midland (fingers crossed) to continue playing Belfry and that will leave us with one open date, week 3 (Sep 8).
Belfry don't need to play anyone but Louisville Trinity or some of the Cincinnati GCL teams. Belfry and Johnson Central need to increase the travel budget and go play the big boys.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:Not knocking you guys at all, like I said if my boy lived in the area that's where he would go, no one would have to come knocking at my door to convince me of that. My point was just that there was an awful lot of WV support at the state championship, and there were multiple numbers on these cars not just one. You can have kids come in from WV without recruiting, but I find it hard to believe that you can deny you have kids on the team that are from there. I also understand the geographical area of Belfry and understand that there is only a small river that separates it into KY, that's why I think logically that there would be WV kids that played for Belfry. My point is don't deny you have them, that's what makes it look bad. When people make comments just ask them where they would send their kids if they lived around there.

Honestly..... I really don't see anyone actually denying that some kids have transferred to Belfry from WVA. The present team does have 7-8 kids that have transferred over. What doesn't get talked about (because it's not sports related) is the number of WVA kids that transfer to Belfry HS, Middle School and Southside Elementary....JUST TO ATTEND SCHOOL. That number has grown over the past few years. Not gonna rehash all the reasons why kids and parents decided to cross the river.....but the ratio/ number of Non-Sports playing kids vs. Sport playing students is probably 3 or 4 to 1. maybe more than that.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Honestly..... I really don't see anyone actually denying that some kids have transferred to Belfry from WVA. The present team does have 7-8 kids that have transferred over. What doesn't get talked about (because it's not sports related) is the number of WVA kids that transfer to Belfry HS, Middle School and Southside Elementary....JUST TO ATTEND SCHOOL. That number has grown over the past few years. Not gonna rehash all the reasons why kids and parents decided to cross the river.....but the ratio/ number of Non-Sports playing kids vs. Sport playing students is probably 3 or 4 to 1. maybe more than that.

And that's ok, you don't have to defend it. I would do the same thing if I lived across the river. I see nothing wrong with it.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:Not knocking you guys at all, like I said if my boy lived in the area that's where he would go, no one would have to come knocking at my door to convince me of that. My point was just that there was an awful lot of WV support at the state championship, and there were multiple numbers on these cars not just one. You can have kids come in from WV without recruiting, but I find it hard to believe that you can deny you have kids on the team that are from there. I also understand the geographical area of Belfry and understand that there is only a small river that separates it into KY, that's why I think logically that there would be WV kids that played for Belfry. My point is don't deny you have them, that's what makes it look bad. When people make comments just ask them where they would send their kids if they lived around there.

Noone denies it.

Cole Bentley literally lives in WV and pays tuition.

Corbett transferred as a Sophomore form Logan.

Horton moved to Belfry in the 6th Grade. Noone would ever say otherwise.

With that said, you also have to consider that Belfry High School is literally 2.5 miles from the WV Border and the town of Williamson. Belfry is not a town, it is numerous communities pieced together and Williamson is the closest "town".

Naturally you should expect that for a State Championship, with a following as big as Belfry's, that you are not just going to have mom's and dad's and brothers and sisters but the extended family that will come to a game. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, friends, alumni, etc. In addition, if a vehicle is registered through a company in WV it is going to have WV tags.. for example my family has lived in KY for over 35 years but my dad drives a truck with a West Virginia tag.

When Belfry played Corbin in the Semi's I am sure there were tons of cars from Knox, Laurel, and Whitley County. Why? Because that's where all these extended families may live.

Just as an example: When I watch my nephew play football at a home game it is Oconee County, GA. I have a Gwinnett County tag, his maternal Grandmother has a Clarke County tag, and his paternal Grandmother has a Baldwin County tag that sits in the parking lot. Let's also say that his dad has a company vehicle registered in Clarke County and meets everyone there drives separately. Let's imagine that the state border surrounded Oconee County.. that would mean four out of state cars are sitting in the parking lot yet my nephew does not live in that State. Get what I am illustrating?
When I was going into 7th grade I moved from Lewis Co where I spent most of my childhood to Stone, KY. One of the major factors in that move was to attend Belfry High School and that was nearly 20 years ago prior to the titles. If I were still in the area I would likely live in Pikeville, Prestonsburg or across the river in WV. My kids would still go to Belfry High School, the legal way. There are still times living down here in Atlanta that I think about how I can allow my boys to attend Belfry High School and still keep my current job. This past year my Forsyth Co, GA plates where in Bowling Green. Hopefully you can see what I am implying.

With Williamson High gone people in the area even across the river have a deeper connection to Belfry than they do Mingo Central, many Belfry alum have moved across the border but their loyalties are still to BHS.

If the Pirates are cheating they would have been caught by now because these allegations have been around since before David Jones arrived in the early aughts.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:There is nothing illegal about kids playing for your team that live outside your district.
(Sep 8).
UMM, yes it is illegal. According to the transfer bylaws, the kid must be a BONA FIDE resident of the district for which he plays. In other words, he cannot live in West Virginia and play for Belfry.
Escalade Wrote:UMM, yes it is illegal. According to the transfer bylaws, the kid must be a BONA FIDE resident of the district for which he plays. In other words, he cannot live in West Virginia and play for Belfry.
Youre out of your league Donnie. You don't know what you are talking about.
I think Belfry had a player from Virginia also because I saw Virginia tags. Oh that was my vehicle because I have traveled to see Belfry play many times. It is always fun to see people talk about what they have no clue about. I had a teacher in school that said people talk to heard their head rattle. There are a lot of head rattling going on in this site. Haters will hate. Go big red.
Escalade Wrote:UMM, yes it is illegal. According to the transfer bylaws, the kid must be a BONA FIDE resident of the district for which he plays. In other words, he cannot live in West Virginia and play for Belfry.

If they pay tuition they can play :truestory:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:If they pay tuition they can play :truestory:
Therein lies the rub. Who pays the tuition? Boosters?
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Youre out of your league Donnie. You don't know what you are talking about.
The name's not Donnie. You mad 'cause you're getting called out for your cheating ways???
Escalade Wrote:The name's not Donnie. You mad 'cause you're getting called out for your cheating ways???
Not mad in the least, that was a Big Lebowski quote. lol

You don't understand the bylaw, that's all. Go read it again and we can discuss it if you are so inclined. I doubt you have any interest in the truth because it is going to interfere with your agenda.
My understanding is that the out of state kids can play as long as they pay tuition. However, I believe there would be some discrepancy regarding whether or not they can subsidize the remaining costs of a child's tuition from KY taxpayer money for out of state students. That is more of an issue with the KDE and not the KHSAA.
Escalade Wrote:Therein lies the rub. Who pays the tuition? Boosters?

Bentleys dad will tell you himself.

He is on his third son paying tuition himself

You are swimming in too deep of water, might want to stick to the kiddie pool or put your floaties on.
Guys this guy has 31 post I'd say it's some kid or a grown up that just got on here to stair up crap because sometime in the past Belfry gave him and his little football team a good old fashion a?? Beating that's the only time you get people like that on here don't pay him no attention he go away like a good girl
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Guys this guy has 31 post I'd say it's some kid or a grown up that just got on here to stair up crap because sometime in the past Belfry gave him and his little football team a good old fashion a?? Beating that's the only time you get people like that on here don't pay him no attention he go away like a good girl

Sounds like you're describing yourself! Now keep going up that "stair" and start some crap elsewhere please! :lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Sounds like you're describing yourself! Now keep going up that "stair" and start some crap elsewhere please! :lmao:

I can stair a little because I think we lose one or two a year and most years have 15 game seasons but what causes me to talk smack is STUPID people I got 7 or 8 hundred good post on here then I got 3 hundred where I have to deal with people that are just stupid
Now getting back to the post I've always liked Pulaski football and what they do each year there a good mountain team and I'm all about mountain football i like all of our mountain teams I just don't like some of the people that get on here and some of them don't like me but at the end of the day we all love football and we all should understand that so I hope we we have another great season next year to get on here aggravate each other about lol
Some of the posts on this thread are hilarious while a few are just down right ignorant! You people that think Belfry High School has recruited/cheated over the past 20 years and hasn't been caught up in it by now are Morons! With all the talk of WV kids being recruited to play football at Belfry and with the Pirates winning 6 State Titles over the past 13 years don't you think the KHSAA would have by now caught Belfry up in some illegal activities? In 2011 four local high schools, Williamson, Matewan, Burch, and Gilbert consolidated to form Mingo Central High school. The school is located on top of a mountain about 30 minutes away from the small town of Williamson, WV which is only about 5 minutes from Belfry,KY. The roads to this new school are not very good and in some places dangerous. With all that said, some parents decided to pay tuition and send their kids 5 minutes up the road to attend Belfry instead of having them ride a bus or drive that distance on terrible roads. While others simply just moved across the river to keep from having to pay tuition. Yes, people move everyday in this area. The Williamson/Belfry communities are not what you would call very rich communities especially now with the coal market almost extinct. A lot of people are renters instead of owners and they just pack up and move. So you see, its not that complicated. Except for maybe people like Escalade! You Sir are a first class dumba$$! I could tell from the African American comment that you made about our community that your nothing more than a low life racist bigot! You said your from Hamptin, VA and just recently moved here and that everybody in the state knows we cheat. Is that so? Then let me ask you this Jimmy the Greek, if everyone in the state of Kentucky knows Belfry cheats then why is our trophy case still loaded down with championship trophies and why hasn't there been any investigations from the KHSAA stripping us of any wins or taking away any of our championships? I'll go ahead and tell you why genius, it's because theres nothing illegal going on down here on Pond Creek! Only thing I see going on is a bunch of jealous people who are tired of seeing their big city schools getting throat punched by a small school from Belfry, KY and cant do a damn thing about it! LMAO!!! I'm glad, and you should be to Escalade, that we dont know each other!
Out of curiousity, how close is Mingo Central's high school and Belfry's high school to each other?
19 miles separate the schools. But on these local roads, there about 30-35 minutes apart as far as time.
So do the kids from WV travel to Belfry from the middle of that area? Or are they past the Mingo Central school.