• 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central 2017
Per Calpreps:

MCHS 2009: 44
MCHS 2016: 28

Now this is not an absolute but a computer score based on stats and strength of schedule, and other data.

But it interesting to look at.
BTW:

Calpreps projects for 2016 McCreary vs Whitley (who is on the schedule next year)

WCHS: 48
MCHS: 19

Somebody said that would be a hard game.....I guess I would define making up a 29 point negative margin a little tougher than hard.

Just saying
I have never watched a down of McCreary football but reading the comments of these two guys going at it has been hilarious. Good luck with the next season sounds like it will be a tough road.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Per Calpreps:

MCHS 2009: 44
MCHS 2016: 28

Now this is not an absolute but a computer score based on stats and strength of schedule, and other data.

But it interesting to look at.

add a few more scores and you'd have it about right
Bozemans 5-5 2000 team I think and Messer had a Team that Could push 2016 As well.Arthur had a decent team to.
Dude, honestly even MCHS 2009 was very pedestrian by real football standards.

2016 WCHS 38 2009 MCHS 24
2009 WCHS 49 2009 MCHS 21
2009 MCHS 31 2006 WCHS 29
This 2006 WCHS team was one of the worst in recent memory and your 2009 (the best in school history according to you) team would only have beaten it by 2 points. Not a ringing endorsement.

Relax and enjoy the success of the current team and support their future as they move forward and attempt to break the ceiling above them.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Dude, honestly even MCHS 2009 was very pedestrian by real football standards.

2016 WCHS 38 2009 MCHS 24
2009 WCHS 49 2009 MCHS 21
2009 MCHS 31 2006 WCHS 29
This 2006 WCHS team was one of the worst in recent memory and your 2009 (the best in school history according to you) team would only have beaten it by 2 points. Not a ringing endorsement.

Relax and enjoy the success of the current team and support their future as they move forward and attempt to break the ceiling above them.

Get back to the topic. Moving on to 17.a good year would be 4-6 with tough sked.
[quote=Wrangler]Get back to the topic. Moving on to 17.a good year would be 4-6 with tough sked.[/]

That is the internet equivalant of knowing you just got punked by the truth
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:[quote=Wrangler]Get back to the topic. Moving on to 17.a good year would be 4-6 with tough sked.[/]

That is the internet equivalant of knowing you just got punked by the truth

nobody cares about whitley county on this page.they have underachieved for years and are overshadowed by Williamsburg.talk about McCreary or go comment about sorry colonels on your own page idiot.
^^^^ Glad we finally agree on something wrangler
Wrangler Wrote:6-5 Providence Beat us Bad but it was on the Road, long Trip. Next year our SKed has seven teams better than Providence.
What in the wide wide world of sports is a sked?
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:BTW:

Calpreps projects for 2016 McCreary vs Whitley (who is on the schedule next year)

WCHS: 48
MCHS: 19

Somebody said that would be a hard game.....I guess I would define making up a 29 point negative margin a little tougher than hard.

Just saying

Whitley will be playing at McCreary?
Wrangler Wrote:Bozemans 5-5 2000 team I think and Messer had a Team that Could push 2016 As well.Arthur had a decent team to.

all were mediocre at best.
Wrangler Wrote:[quote=Dietpepsidrinker]

nobody cares about whitley county on this page.they have underachieved for years and are overshadowed by Williamsburg.talk about McCreary or go comment about sorry colonels on your own page idiot.

Actually I was commenting on McCreary. I was just using Whitley County as an example. With your own comments you show just how lacking McCreary football has been historically.

2016 Calpreps projects:
Williamsburg 41
MCHS 26

2009 MCHS 33
2016 WHS 31
Of course Williamsburg did have an off year by their standards only 7-5 with a loss in the 2nd round to the eventual state champion, and by your own accounting 2009 was your best team ever.

Actually Whitley was district champion this year and has made the playoffs the last three years with 2 home games in that span. So maybe you are not the best judge of under achieving.

I am happy for Williamsburg, they had a great run and continue to try and build back to that level. Nothing wrong with respecting a team like that.
Thread topic is McCreary 2017...please post in that direction.

Last warning.
2017 schedule is much more harder I see a 3-7 or 4-6 record if they have a Stong off season maybe 5 and play-off win but it will be tough. Good Luck!
I think Coach Ford will have them in wt. room and working plyo's all off season. I think with
hard work and some luck McCreary can have a very good year. They can play with PCC, Lynn Camp, Ft. Knox, Clinton Co. Jackon Co. and Casey Co. and with a little luck beat someone who on one thinks they can. I do feel they have a great shot to win a play-off game or two. JMO Go Raiders.
I think that if McCreary keeps showing signs of improvement they might be able to win a playoff game and have a winning season the only game that I really don't see them hanging in is when they play Corbin. Does anyone know if any upcoming middle school kids that are going to be any good ?
Wrangler Wrote:2017 schedule is much more harder I see a 3-7 or 4-6 record if they have a Stong off season maybe 5 and play-off win but it will be tough. Good Luck!

I agree. The Def. must improve a 100% to be able to compete with teams on this years schedule. I think Raider are in for a huge shock, unless they get discipline problem taken care of. 5 and 6 personal foul calls a game will not bode well for a team. 4-6 maybe 5-5 if things come together.:Clap::Clap::Clap:
Lol, nobody wants to believe in the raiders lol, that's ok we will add ya name to the list of people to prove wrong
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I agree. The Def. must improve a 100% to be able to compete with teams on this years schedule. I think Raider are in for a huge shock, unless they get discipline problem taken care of. 5 and 6 personal foul calls a game will not bode well for a team. 4-6 maybe 5-5 if things come together.:Clap::Clap::Clap:

I do agree as I stood on the sideline watching these kids and interacting with them discipline is a big key with these guys and it was when the played fort knox and these kids were out of control im a huge fan of mccreary I played 4 years of football there I want them to succeed ,but steps and measures taken need to be implemented to get these guys up they have a decent team. Keys are a good offseason program needs to be going to get them on a physical level with what they are going up against and getting a good mental hold because things get tough teams get physical and they need to hold their head or they will lose the game. Just for perspective on the 2009 team we got after it the whole offseason rain snow doesn't matter their was a decent number working their tails off that showed in the season as we improved a good amount between 2008 and 2009 seasons one thing we could not fix was Aaron watts temper tantrums and when he was seen acting out it demoralized the whole team everytime just an example not hanging on to anything
Raiders will be fine. They are playoff bound! ! ! ! !
Region12 Wrote:Lol, nobody wants to believe in the raiders lol, that's ok we will add ya name to the list of people to prove wrong

add your name while you're at it Smile
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:I agree. The Def. must improve a 100% to be able to compete with teams on this years schedule. I think Raider are in for a huge shock, unless they get discipline problem taken care of. 5 and 6 personal foul calls a game will not bode well for a team. 4-6 maybe 5-5 if things come together.:Clap::Clap::Clap:

You are right on all points . I see them win 4 games but Need to get some issues under Control . got to hit plyos and weights hard to have any Hope of a play-off win.
Region12 Wrote:Lol, nobody wants to believe in the raiders lol, that's ok we will add ya name to the list of people to prove wrong

We not blind like you . We call it the Way we see it.Sorry if that hurts your feelings fact is they are not as good as they think Right now Does not mean they Cant be Good but they will have to hit the weights hard in off-season and get some discipline and get better on Def. they do that they should win a play-off game.
[quote=Unbeaten55]I think that if McCreary keeps showing signs of improvement they might be able to win a playoff game and have a winning season the only game that I really don't see them hanging in is when they play Corbin. Does anyone know if any upcoming middle school kids that are going to be any good ?[/QUOTE

They can't hang with sl, bell co, casey co and whitley co will kill them that is at least 5 losses and Perry and Lynn are not gimmes they will win 3 or 4 games tops.
Unbeaten55 Wrote:I do agree as I stood on the sideline watching these kids and interacting with them discipline is a big key with these guys and it was when the played fort knox and these kids were out of control im a huge fan of mccreary I played 4 years of football there I want them to succeed ,but steps and measures taken need to be implemented to get these guys up they have a decent team. Keys are a good offseason program needs to be going to get them on a physical level with what they are going up against and getting a good mental hold because things get tough teams get physical and they need to hold their head or they will lose the game. Just for perspective on the 2009 team we got after it the whole offseason rain snow doesn't matter their was a decent number working their tails off that showed in the season as we improved a good amount between 2008 and 2009 seasons one thing we could not fix was Aaron watts temper tantrums and when he was seen acting out it demoralized the whole team everytime just an example not hanging on to anything

Coach Gay tried to harness Watts but his assistants did not support his efforts to harness him and worked behind his back when it come to discipline because they wanted to win so badly I seen Watts do some amazing things but his bad temper lost him almost an entire season punching a glass window playing basketballl at lords gym.funny thing is when he played mad he played unreal lights out he loved playing safety he would destroy people best player ever to come Through program in every sport beside basketball he no.2 behind Stephens pride of Revlo
Wrangler Wrote:Coach Gay tried to harness Watts but his assistants did not support his efforts to harness him and worked behind his back when it come to discipline because they wanted to win so badly I seen Watts do some amazing things but his bad temper lost him almost an entire season punching a glass window playing basketballl at lords gym.funny thing is when he played mad he played unreal lights out he loved playing safety he would destroy people best player ever to come Through program in every sport beside basketball he no.2 behind Stephens pride of Revlo

You have it all wrong , GAY had no discipline on any of his teams. The players didn't have to attend practice and still play on Friday nights. The man tried to coach for 20 years had one (and yes ) winning season. You let me coach for 20 years, I could have one winning season. Ford been there for 1 season and has already one winning season.
Wrangler Wrote:Coach Gay tried to harness Watts but his assistants did not support his efforts to harness him and worked behind his back when it come to discipline because they wanted to win so badly I seen Watts do some amazing things but his bad temper lost him almost an entire season punching a glass window playing basketballl at lords gym.funny thing is when he played mad he played unreal lights out he loved playing safety he would destroy people best player ever to come Through program in every sport beside basketball he no.2 behind Stephens pride of Revlo
I played football there for 4 years and during watts time I was there if you had a lot of talent you could skate by and start on Friday night. lets be honest he was using what talent was there when it was and left the same year they were gone. mccreary central with coach smith who couldn't coach a NFL team to beat a high school team he was horrible but, back to the Clinton gay years all when watts and roark were there and you know who was always there for weights and plyometric days during the offseason James Payne was and coach jones was there second just saying that was the real people behind the scenes coach gay called offense plays heck who couldn't move the ball with that offense haha enough said I know first hand I was not impressed with a thing he done and after that we was left with derrick smith like I said who shouldn't have even be thought about for that job. this has no relvence to now but just some understanding I was there everyday for four years. Now to this year weak schedule I will be impressed with coach ford after the next two years if he does well without the talent and schedule that was weak but heck look at the downward spiral mccreary was on for about 6 years
BossEric Wrote:You have it all wrong , GAY had no discipline on any of his teams. The players didn't have to attend practice and still play on Friday nights. The man tried to coach for 20 years had one (and yes ) winning season. You let me coach for 20 years, I could have one winning season. Ford been there for 1 season and has already one winning season.

Gay did not have a weak Indpendent schedule like Ford either Gay made it to 3 straight play-offs in dist play if Watts did not get hurt one year Gay would have had two winning seasons Ford did a decent job but it was weak sked and Bozeman is the one who laid the foundation for it raiders need to work hard in weight room get better on Def . 2017 is the year ford can show us what he Really made of. Good Luck!!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next