• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Central 2017
After having the first winning season in years, what does 2017 have in store for the raiders? finishing 7-3 in 2016, the raiders return 9 starters offensively, 8 starters defensively, and a senior class of 19, most of the senior class have started since their freshman year. Thoughts?
It's great to see what Coach Ford has done there. Is McCreary Central entering a district this season? They could possibly be a playoff team.
Yes, in district play with, Corbin, Bell, Casey, Jackson.
Great to see them moving forward
It'll be between them and Jackson county to get into the playoffs. I think Jackson will beat them but they will have a fighting chance.
McCreary Central has a lot coming back. 36 JR's and Sr's. If McCreary has a good off. season they will be very Competitive with most teams on their schedule. I think they have a shot to play with everyone in Dist. except Corbin, JMO Good Luck to Coach Ford and the Raiders.
The Raiders benefitted from an Idependent schedule that was weak!! Reality will hit next year in district play!! The team needs discipline and a strong weight program!! Next year will be much tougher!!! They had a good year but the team is not as good as they think they are right now. Raiders should have a 3 or 4 win season next year which is still pretty good by Riader standards in district play.
Schedule . Perry Central, South Laurel, Lynn Camp, Ft. Knox, Clinton Co. Whitley Co. Out of dist
Then Bell, Corbin, Casey Co
and Jackson
McCreary will do fine, keep in mind they're not losing anyone. They're already the best team to come through McCreary, can they be the first team to win a playoff game?
Corbin is out of reach next year for the Raiders. Not sure what Casey has back but they were very good this year. Whitley and South should be very hard games for McCreary. Not usually a fan of South but they turned the corner in the second half of the season. Both those games will be winnable but will have to be earned. Bell who knows. Jackson County should be a tough game with the Raiders favored. The remaining schedule will be easy wins. They could easily win 6 or 7 games.
Region12 Wrote:McCreary will do fine, keep in mind they're not losing anyone. They're already the best team to come through McCreary, can they be the first team to win a playoff game?

They did lose some very good players. Pane, the good receiver, and the Center, the nose guard and a LB and a kicker, all played an important part of last season success. They will have a much harder road to travel now back in the district. Hope they are successful, Time will tell.
Region12 Wrote:McCreary will do fine, keep in mind they're not losing anyone. They're already the best team to come through McCreary, can they be the first team to win a playoff game?

Best Team to come thru??? Your funny.2009 team would beat this team easily.If they played an Independent sked as bad as This years the 2009 would not have lost a Game :please: 2009 played in District with the likes of Knox Central, Bell Co and Rocastle Co and Mad South.they also beat Wayne Co that year.this year's team won 7 Games but they May only be third best.I can think of 2 Teams better.
Cellking Wrote:Schedule . Perry Central, South Laurel, Lynn Camp, Ft. Knox, Clinton Co. Whitley Co. Out of dist
and Jackson

3-8 OR 4-7 At Best
E's Army Wrote:Corbin is out of reach next year for the Raiders. Not sure what Casey has back but they were very good this year. Whitley and South should be very hard games for McCreary. Not usually a fan of South but they turned the corner in the second half of the season. Both those games will be winnable but will have to be earned. Bell who knows. Jackson County should be a tough game with the Raiders favored. The remaining schedule will be easy wins. They could easily win 6 or 7 games.

I can't see Anymore than 4 wins Tops. Good Luck!!
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:They did lose some very good players. Pane, the good receiver, and the Center, the nose guard and a LB and a kicker, all played an important part of last season success. They will have a much harder road to travel now back in the district. Hope they are successful, Time will tell.

Hamilton is a Big loss!!!! they Can replace the Others but they can't Replace him :worthy:
Cellking Wrote:Schedule . Perry Central, South Laurel, Lynn Camp, Ft. Knox, Clinton Co. Whitley Co. Out of dist
and Jackson

Whitley County shouldn't play them unless it is for recruiting purposes.Confusednicker:
E's Army Wrote:Corbin is out of reach next year for the Raiders. Not sure what Casey has back but they were very good this year. Whitley and South should be very hard games for McCreary. Not usually a fan of South but they turned the corner in the second half of the season. Both those games will be winnable but will have to be earned. Bell who knows. Jackson County should be a tough game with the Raiders favored. The remaining schedule will be easy wins. They could easily win 6 or 7 games.

not gonna happen. 2-3 wins maybe.
Wrangler Wrote:Best Team to come thru??? Your funny.2009 team would beat this team easily.If they played an Independent sked as bad as This years the 2009 would not have lost a Game :please: 2009 played in District with the likes of Knox Central, Bell Co and Rocastle Co and Mad South.they also beat Wayne Co that year.this year's team won 7 Games but they May only be third best.I can think of 2 Teams better.
"You are what your record says you are." Bill Parcells

2016: 7-3, 70% win percentage
2009: 7-4, 64% win percentage
Wrangler Wrote:Best Team to come thru??? Your funny.2009 team would beat this team easily.If they played an Independent sked as bad as This years the 2009 would not have lost a Game :please: 2009 played in District with the likes of Knox Central, Bell Co and Rocastle Co and Mad South.they also beat Wayne Co that year.this year's team won 7 Games but they May only be third best.I can think of 2 Teams better.
let me guess, the 2 teams you coached?
That's enough of the comparison!! 2016 team had a great season quit trying to take it away from them.. Hunter an Brandon vs Zach an Aaron.. Time to put it to a end.. When a kid is pulled to the sidelines to hear you'll never be what Watts was!! Time to drop it no one cares.. End of story
I think on a last not the 2009 team would have handled this 2016 team easily 40plus points difference between the two teams is my prediction but no way of ever telling this so I'm done with that. This coming season I think recovering from losing Hamilton is going to be hard but might even itself out with a good offseason I think the raiders are looking at a 5-6 season this year they will handle Jackson easily at best they will be 3rd in district but I'm think 4th with 5 wins
million_dollar_man Wrote:"You are what your record says you are." Bill Parcells

2016: 7-3, 70% win percentage
2009: 7-4, 64% win percentage

that is funny 2009 lost to Knox central, Rocastle and Bell Co. 2016 lost to Powerouses lynn camp and harlan.2009 beat wayne co. 2016 beat who? It was a good year but They were aided by weak Non Dist schedule . There is No compariison between the Two teams. Did 2016 Beat anyone with a Winning record?Go 7-3 in district Play then we can Talk.
Region12 Wrote:Wrangler,or cellking, which ever account you are on. You can let that 2009 season go, it's in the history books. According to the win percentage the 2016 raiders have the winning record! Time to wake up from your flashback and prepare for what this raider team will do this coming year.

funny guy I'm not Cellking . 2016 had a good year with an Ind schedule . When they can go 7-3 in dist play Than we can Talk . sorry to hurt your feelings7-3 with that Week schedule doesn't make This team better than 2009.
kats4life Wrote:That's enough of the comparison!! 2016 team had a great season quit trying to take it away from them.. Hunter an Brandon vs Zach an Aaron.. Time to put it to a end.. When a kid is pulled to the sidelines to hear you'll never be what Watts was!! Time to drop it no one cares.. End of story

I did not say The 2016 was not a Good year.I said they Are not the Best team to go thru MCreary . 2009 was. When a Team can go 8-2 in dist play Than they can Claim that Title until then 2009 is King ofthe hill. :redboxer:
The AD made a good choice bringing ford in, after all he does hold the best record at MC, in just his first year. Beating the old record held by the 2009 team coached by Clinton gay, if he can do that in 1 year I'm looking forward to the great things coming McCrearys way! Congrats on holding the winning record at MC ford!
Good Luck!! want to see Raiders Do well but They are not ready For that schedule . The Ad did a poor job as usual with That and Shows true colors about his feelings for football.Dont know why Raider Rob would go From weak Ind sked to Hard dist Schedule!!!
Region12 Wrote:The AD made a good choice bringing ford in, after all he does hold the best record at MC, in just his first year. Beating the old record held by the 2009 team coached by Clinton gay, if he can do that in 1 year I'm looking forward to the great things coming McCrearys way! Congrats on holding the winning record at MC ford!

he did a good job!! But 2016 is not Best team to come thru.Not by a long shot Coach or blind parent.
The players are ready for it! They want to build a name for there selves, after all, they do hold the winning record at MC
Region12 Wrote:The players are ready for it! They want to build a name for there selves, after all, they do hold the winning record at MC

I sure hope so.It is Good to see over zealous parents like you Excited!i hope that same attitude is there after Next Year dist. season.i don't see Jenkins or Berea on that sked next year TongueirateSho
Nope! They're not on sked, raiders have a harder schedule! Thanks to the winning coach the AD has brought in. Unlike previous years (2009) this is not a cupcake schedule.
  • 1(current)
  • Next