Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK vs. Georgia
Two costly turnovers by the WR's may not have lost the game... but they came at the worst time possible.

Our D was wore out and the Georgia RB combo was too good to keep out of the end zone.

This one is on the offense........
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I love Snell. He's built like a tank. At the end of those 49 plays that were all the same, I fully expected a pass from him, but it wasn't to be!

Smile
Demarcus ware Wrote:How is it possible that we don't have one person that can throw a football? How does that even happen? You can't win running the same play half the game. But i will say at least we will make it to a bowl game. I think. Was exciting at least.

If you'll notice I posted that while we were driving down the field using the wildcat while the game was far from over, but I knew it was coming.
You CANT do that when the defense knows whats going on. Worst part is not only did they run the same play, they ran it to the right side every single time.

On that last first down they should have put Johnson back in at QB and actually ran the offense. We might not see another GA team this bad for years to come.
Granny Bear Wrote:I love Snell. He's built like a tank. At the end of those 49 plays that were all the same, I fully expected a pass from him, but it wasn't to be!

Smile

Snell is the best offensive player on the team without question, but even Bo Jackson couldn't have scores running the same play every single time. That's why Smart called that timeout. He pretty much said let them have the pass if they do it. I want 10 guys zeroing in on that right tackle. Easy pickings.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Snell is the best offensive player on the team without question, but even Bo Jackson couldn't have scores running the same play every single time. That's why Smart called that timeout. He pretty much said let them have the pass if they do it. I want 10 guys zeroing in on that right tackle. Easy pickings.

It's beyond me how you don't run a pass play after the time out. Everybody and there brother new they was going to sell out to stop the run. This is what we get to watch as long as Barnhead is the AD.
I blame this solely on Eddie Gran. Once you run the same play over and over the other team is going to figure out how to stop it especially down inside the red zone. Should have started throwing the ball on 1at down or at least 2ns down instead of running the wildcat up the middle playijg for the tie
^
Even Stoops was pissed and you could see it.
I don't understand though as a head coach how you don't step in sooner with a game on the line like that.
^ I could understand keep using it because Georgia wasn't stopping it as UK was marching the ball down Georgia's throat, but when you get inside the 10 and have 1st and Goal and the first attempt from the wildcat gets no where, start passing, you have at least 2 opportunties at a TD before a FG attempt. Horrbile play call during that series by Gran
Tough loss and I am still pissed off, if our WRs make plays we win this game period...I hate the fade route down inside the 10, I would have liked UK to run the same play Georgia ran on its 2 point conversion...Agian I understand the Georgia is down thing but Chubb and Michell are as good as any running backs Georgia has had not named Herchel Walker...
I hope some of you were able to attend this game in person, the crowd and atmosphere was great...That is what SEC football is suppose to look like...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:^ I could understand keep using it because Georgia wasn't stopping it as UK was marching the ball down Georgia's throat, but when you get inside the 10 and have 1st and Goal and the first attempt from the wildcat gets no where, start passing, you have at least 2 opportunties at a TD before a FG attempt. Horrbile play call during that series by Gran

that was not Gran fault,mr stoops was yelling at him on the sidelines to pass the ball....just dumb when the wildcat wasn't getting stopped..
It's simple, if we are going to continue to run the Wildcat, it can't be as predictable as it has been. We have ran three different plays out of this formation, but a pass play from the running back is needed. During the last two run plays in the red zone, when Johnson was spread out to the left, they had one corner on the left side, while Johnson was uncovered. If a play would have been in place for Snell to throw the ball, it would have been the easiest Touchdown of the season for the CATS. We are improving, but man, we missed a big opportunity to win the East!!