Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK vs. Georgia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Wildcats (5-3) are riding high with three straight SEC wins and are one win away from their first Bowl Game since the 2010 season. The Cats are in 2nd place in the SEC East and are only 1/2 game out of 1st place. A Win vs. Georgia would ensure their first Winning record in the SEC since the 1977 season.

Georgia (4-4) has lost to Vanderbilt & Florida in back to back weeks. Georgia beat Missouri 28-27 in Week 3 and had a close call vs. FCS team, Nicholls, 26-24 in Week 2.

This game is gonna be under the Lights at Commonwealth Stadium this Saturday night..... CWS is gonna be packed and rockin'!!!!!!
Hum this to the tune of Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets"

..... Benny & Badet ......
Kentucky will score with their balanced offense....
Georgia will score with their powerful running attack....

The game will be won based on what teams can get more stops/turnovers on defense.

I think this will be a high scoring contest.
Uk 27 uga 24
UGA isn't good at throwing the ball, UK is very good at defending the pass.

UGA is a very good ground team on offense, UK's run defense is not very good at all.

UK is a very good team with their running offense, UGA has a very good run defense.

UK is an average passing team, UGA is an average passing defense.

I don't think Georgia is the dominating force they usually are, but I also don't think UK is quite up to the level of knocking them off. It really should be a great atmosphere at CWS for this one.

While I think UK very well could pull this one out, I don't think they matchup well with UGA.

UGA 31
UK 20

-OR-

UK 35
UGA 24

It all depends on what run defense either teams have.
I think this one will be won on the ground. Both teams will try to impose their will on the other D, on the ground. I will go with the Wildcats 24-20.
The Wildcats keep on rolling!

Kentucky - 31

Georgia - 21
I love seeing the UK coaches and players telling the fans to pack CWS this Saturday night.
Yeah I was sorta surprised to hear this morning on channel 27 that there were still 4,000 tickets left. This game needs to be a sellout, we have a chance to make some real progress Saturday, place needs to be rocking!
I honestly believe that Georgia has the better roster and more talent. I also believe that we do not match up well with Georgia. However, there is something special about this current run the Cats are on and the slide that UGA is in.

UK 31
Georgia 28
Talent wise Georgia is better, but I believe this is a very even matchup top to bottom and it will come down to who wants it more and I believe UK wants it more. UK wins 24-21
KENTUCKY HAS TO RUN THE BALL!!!!!!

If we get some 1st downs or TD's with the passing game... then that is great. But we HAVE TO RELY on our running game.

Snell & Boom will Rush us to victory!
Leonard Fournette who? Boom Williams has 200 more rushing yards on the season than him and Snell has just as many as Fournette.
If there was ever a time UK could pull it off, its this year.
Its hard to watch some of these teams.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Leonard Fournette who? Boom Williams has 200 more rushing yards on the season than him and Snell has just as many as Fournette.

Give me Fournette every day of the week over Boom lol.
Fournette has only played in 4 games this year.
Anyone have any tickets for sale ?
I don't care if were not good enough or that Georgia has more talent we need this win. I don't care that the SEC East and SEC as a whole is down this season we need this win. If we beat Georgia or even better beat Georgia and pull one out our ass and trip and fall into a win over Tennessee do you realize what that could do for this program. Believe it or not kid's with big time talent will overlook a school who can't even compete in their own half of their conference. If we pull this all off those 3* players we got last season could turn into 4* and those 4* players could turn into 5* players and that would be huge for this program to get where they need to be in the SEC. A huge unbelievable lucky season like this might be the nudge this program is dying for to get over the hump and start competing in the SEC every year.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Leonard Fournette who? Boom Williams has 200 more rushing yards on the season than him and Snell has just as many as Fournette.
Come on man. Fournette has missed almost an entire month of playing Confusednicker:
It's funny to see people almost rooting against UK just to say "I told ya so". That being said, I don't care if the SEC is down. You play to win the games on your schedule, and Kentucky is finally figuring out how to do that. Georgia will be a difficult match up, but if CWS is packed and we can establish the run game then I can easily see a UK victory.

The comparison to Fournette was a bit off, but don't kid yourself into thinking Boom Williams won't be drafted after next season and contribute to an NFL team (probably as a Sproles type). He would start for many top 25 teams.
^
Boom better learn how to run the ball more than 5 times without having to be carried off the field.
He has the emotions of a 5 year old that may quit the next day or be the best player on the team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Boom better learn how to run the ball more than 5 times without having to be carried off the field.
He has the emotions of a 5 year old that may quit the next day or be the best player on the team.

Agreed. No doubt he is a talent, but he is one of those guys that is an All-American when things are going good, then sorta disappears when things get tough. Snell on the other hand is a MAN, actually looks like a legit, supertough SEC running back. Might not have breakaway speed, but he moves the pile for extra yards better than really any back I've seen in a long time, at UK or anywhere else.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Anyone have any tickets for sale ?

I have one.
UK is hyped up, Georgia is down on themselves. The UK O-line is better than Georgia's. Georgia can't run the ball the way they did under Richt, and they can't throw the ball either. Eason will be great down the line, but he doesn't have the accuracy, or the receivers to work with yet. Kentucky should stack the box to stop the run, and make Eason beat Westry and Baity. I feel like Johnson will throw just well enough for us to win this game.

Then who knows what will happen with Tennessee as they are a dumpster fire right now with players transferring, coaches fighting, their season hopes already up in smoke. All I know is if somehow Kentucky gets to Atlanta, in the same year the Cubs won the World Series, I am going to be convinced I have died, or am having some kind of coma dream.
Kentucky has a good chance to win this game. Benny Snell is a package of dynamite. They do need to use C.J. Conrad much more.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^

Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game, but I'm not sure he's hurt as often as people think. That being said, he led the SEC in YPC last season at 7.1, and is currently rocking a 7.5 YPC average this season.

He's averaging 14 carries per game this season, and had 12 per game last season. He's only missed 2 full games in the last 2 seasons. (Though he was injured against Louisville and Tennessee last year leading to a combined 11 carries total)

Like I originally said, Fournette is MUCH better, but Boom Williams is an incredible talent that we are lucky to have on our team. But it's funny you talk about Boom's injury history but leave out the fact that Fournette has missed more games this year than Boom in the last 2 combined.
Van Hagar Wrote:Agreed. No doubt he is a talent, but he is one of those guys that is an All-American when things are going good, then sorta disappears when things get tough. Snell on the other hand is a MAN, actually looks like a legit, supertough SEC running back. Might not have breakaway speed, but he moves the pile for extra yards better than really any back I've seen in a long time, at UK or anywhere else.

I agree. Snell is outperforming all expectations. Those legs never stop moving. Gonna be a force for years to come.
The fact that this is a debate points out two things. UK is a gradually improving program, and getting rid of Mark Richt may not have been the answer Ga needed. That being said I have seen Miss St roll into town in past years in similar situations and still thrash us. I hope UK wins and think they have a great chance, but it is still a good SEC program at Ga, even if it's a down year. UK 24-21
2 reasons Georgia won this game.

1. We have inept coaches who thought it was a good idea to run the same damn play 49 tomes in a row just like joker.

2. D.j. Elliott as usual.
A chance to the sacrificial lamb in the SEC title game vs Alabama goes down the drain. Now you have to beat Austin Piss to make a bowl game.

sUcK football is back!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:2 reasons Georgia won this game.

1. We have inept coaches who thought it was a good idea to run the same damn play 49 tomes in a row just like joker.

2. D.j. Elliott as usual.
How is it possible that we don't have one person that can throw a football? How does that even happen? You can't win running the same play half the game. But i will say at least we will make it to a bowl game. I think. Was exciting at least.
Pages: 1 2