Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Wide Receiver In Eastern KY
Do any of these kids have offers? I know the two mentioned from JC have multiple offers. I also know Jake does as well.
I do know for a fact that Isaiah Cornett from Somerset has several D1-FCS offers and multiple others. 6'3", great hands and fast.
It's a darn shame that he ain't playing this year and an even bigger shame the reason he's not playing but Timmy Dalton from Lawrence County I think if he were playing would be hands down #1 on a lot of peoples list. The kid is 6ft3in and has speed to burn. Of every team Belfry went against last season with that great defense they couldn't stop him. At 6ft3in and with great leaping ability your not going to out jump him on high passes and I never saw anyone run him down from behind. I also never saw the kid run as hard as he could, he would always let up and play with you but even then you could see his separation from everyone else on the field. He had very good hands and had a lights out catch to drop ratio. The kid made senior experienced defensive backs look silly as a freshman.
shs74 Wrote:I do know for a fact that Isaiah Cornett from Somerset has several D1-FCS offers and multiple others. 6'3", great hands and fast.

I do know for a fact this is the most stupid post I have ever read and you positively need to :gtfo:
Do-double-gg Wrote:It's a darn shame that he ain't playing this year and an even bigger shame the reason he's not playing but Timmy Dalton from Lawrence County I think if he were playing would be hands down #1 on a lot of peoples list. The kid is 6ft3in and has speed to burn. Of every team Belfry went against last season with that great defense they couldn't stop him. At 6ft3in and with great leaping ability your not going to out jump him on high passes and I never saw anyone run him down from behind. I also never saw the kid run as hard as he could, he would always let up and play with you but even then you could see his separation from everyone else on the field. He had very good hands and had a lights out catch to drop ratio. The kid made senior experienced defensive backs look silly as a freshman.

You can all the tools in the world but a terrible attitude will ruin it all
Armchair QB Wrote:Do any of these kids have offers? I know the two mentioned from JC have multiple offers. I also know Jake does as well.

Vaught kid is a sophomore....last year he primarily returned kicks and punts took 4-5 back for tds
shs74 Wrote:I do know for a fact that Isaiah Cornett from Somerset has several D1-FCS offers and multiple others. 6'3", great hands and fast.

Who does he have offers from?
Kywarrior14 Wrote:Who does he have offers from?

Rivals says 0
Jason Johnson Hazard. 6-3. Blocks extremely well downfield. Great hands.
Yards after contact most every catch.
Runs great routs Big enough to play Y at next level Catches everything thrown at him.
Great kid, quiet and never complains. I would expect him to be playing on Saturdays next year
No way, not even close
Tay Offut from Lewis County deserves a mention here... 49 catches for 611 yards and 7 TDs along with 3 kickoff return TDs. Is the total package at WR. Excited to have him and QB Isaac Kelly back for another season.
The 4A leader Tomlinson has non-impressive yardage and touchdown totals (408 yards and 7 receiving TD's; 2 more on special teams.) until you factor in that this is from 16 total receptions. I am not sure how to determine how often he has been targeted but I am sure it is less than 25 times this season. He averages 25.5 yards per catch and a TD every 2.3 catches. I am not sure if he has any D-1 offers, but he merits interest from the FCS and possibly FBS level.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1dh7cm.jpg] Bolz ole Fatpat might be partial but The Kidd at Knott is something special! Speed,heart,and that glue boi can flat out catch! Ole Fatpat cant run but sure like watching these bolz run! Ole Fatpat runs to the concessions but the Kidd is DA BOMB! #gluedontcomeoffeasy More mash taters please!!!
Pulaski Co. has the best in mountains!!
Hands down not close
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1dh7cm.jpg] Bolz ole Fatpat might be partial but The Kidd at Knott is something special! Speed,heart,and that glue boi can flat out catch! Ole Fatpat cant run but sure like watching these bolz run! Ole Fatpat runs to the concessions but the Kidd is DA BOMB! #gluedontcomeoffeasy More mash taters please!!!

Kidd has great stats that are hard to ignore. Here is the knock against Kidd in this dicussion... and it is a big one.

He has feasted on playing BAD football teams.

The two best teams Knott played were Leslie County and Estill County.. two teams most would not even consider as really elite level defenses,,, here are Kidd's stat lines in those games:

vs. Estill County- 4 catches, 30 yards
vs. Leslie County- 4 catches, 48 yards

No offense to Kidd but when you are talking about guys like Johnson, Moore, Blanton, etc... you are talking about guys who have put up big time numbers against some of the best teams in KY over their career.

Kidd is a very good HS player, but when we start talking about the "best of the best", I just can't put him in the same category as some of these guys.
This post is for whoever Jim Rome is. YOU sir are what is called an AHOLE! I was simply stating a fact that I know personally to be true because I am his father, he is a senior and I am proud of what he has accomplished because he didn't even play football until his sophomore year. I do NOT begrudge ANY kid that is mentioned on this website. ALL of these kids work their butts of to play this game. I HOPE that ALL the kids mentioned on this list get to play at the next level somewhere if that is their dream. I am sure some of them will. Unlike YOU Jim Rome, I do NOT get behind my computer and bash kids I do not even know. If YOU don't like my comments, I will gladly give you my cell number and we can discuss this in private somewhere. YOU SIR, MR. JIM ROME, need to GTFO and learn how to treat other people with respect.
shs74 Wrote:This post is for whoever Jim Rome is. YOU sir are what is called an AHOLE! I was simply stating a fact that I know personally to be true because I am his father, he is a senior and I am proud of what he has accomplished because he didn't even play football until his sophomore year. I do NOT begrudge ANY kid that is mentioned on this website. ALL of these kids work their butts of to play this game. I HOPE that ALL the kids mentioned on this list get to play at the next level somewhere if that is their dream. I am sure some of them will. Unlike YOU Jim Rome, I do NOT get behind my computer and bash kids I do not even know. If YOU don't like my comments, I will gladly give you my cell number and we can discuss this in private somewhere. YOU SIR, MR. JIM ROME, need to GTFO and learn how to treat other people with respect.
That's great your child may get to play at the next level! You didn't Begrude Brandon Troxell from Mccreary best running back? When it hits home your quick to defend,but it's ok to give it out! You need to check yourself Sir....
I've seen most of these guys at least once and Tyrese Simmons from Harlan County is a legit stud wideout.

Although the Cubs are throwing more than in the past, they still rely heavy on their running game.

Give me athleticism and speed at WR.
Confusedilly:Jake Johnson Pulaski County
Johnson is a great HS receiver. He is extremely good at finding an open spot and never quits on his route. His coach and team utilizes his skills well. Some of these other guys are better athletes, which "may" make them better prospects for the next level. I would love to see all of these guys be successful in college. That would bode well for the quality of Ky football as a whole.
shs74 Wrote:This post is for whoever Jim Rome is. YOU sir are what is called an AHOLE! I was simply stating a fact that I know personally to be true because I am his father, he is a senior and I am proud of what he has accomplished because he didn't even play football until his sophomore year. I do NOT begrudge ANY kid that is mentioned on this website. ALL of these kids work their butts of to play this game. I HOPE that ALL the kids mentioned on this list get to play at the next level somewhere if that is their dream. I am sure some of them will. Unlike YOU Jim Rome, I do NOT get behind my computer and bash kids I do not even know. If YOU don't like my comments, I will gladly give you my cell number and we can discuss this in private somewhere. YOU SIR, MR. JIM ROME, need to GTFO and learn how to treat other people with respect.

Youth are complete correct. Mr. JIM ROME:Sad04: get on her talks trash about other teams and tell everyone how good his team is but when they lose make 100 excuses. JIM ROME:Sad04: IS ALL TALK AND ON ACTION. :please:
oldschool77 Wrote:Johnson is a great HS receiver. He is extremely good at finding an open spot and never quits on his route. His coach and team utilizes his skills well. Some of these other guys are better athletes, which "may" make them better prospects for the next level. I would love to see all of these guys be successful in college. That would bode well for the quality of Ky football as a whole.

I would have to argue if you are saying Johnson is not as good of athlete as anyone mentioned in this thread. I have watched this kid play since little league sports, in fact I refereed many of his games. Weather it be football, baseball, or basketball he has always been a tremendous athlete.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I would have to argue if you are saying Johnson is not as good of athlete as anyone mentioned in this thread. I have watched this kid play since little league sports, in fact I refereed many of his games. Weather it be football, baseball, or basketball he has always been a tremendous athlete.
He is a great athlete. I don't think he has the measurables that some of the guys I have seen. He is not the tallest, strongest, fastest and probably doesn't jump the highest. I have seen him play, as well as many of these others. He is a deserving Mr Football candidate and I hope he wins. Right or wrong, colleges like those measurables. This is in no way meant to diminish his accomplishments but as I said some others "may" and I repeat "may" be better suited for the next level.
I will go with Tanner Lucas ,Letcher County Central! His stats were put up in only 8 games!