Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Wide Receiver In Eastern KY
Since there is a thread for best RB, I figured I would start one about the best WR. I have listed the top 4 Wide Receivers(statistically) per class 1A-5A. What are your thoughts?

1A
Hagen Hawn, 661 yds, 4 TD, Williamsburg
Will Adams, 604 yds, 4 TD, Pineville
Jason Johnson, 583 yds, 3 TD, Hazard
Andrew McNamee, 441 yds, 8 TD, Pikeville

2A
Josh Cornett, 528 yds, 4 TD, Somerset
Corey Hairston, 483 yds, 4 TD, Middlesboro
Isaiah Cornett, 449 yds, 8 TD, Somerset
Tyler Dixon, 302 yds, 3 TD, Leslie County

3A
Tyler Kidd, 1047 yds, 15 TD, Knott County Central
Ethan Little, 822 yds, 8 TD, Breathitt County
Brady Whitaker, 640 yds, 3 TD, Magoffin County
A Moore, 487 yds, 6 TD, Corbin

4A
Michael Tomlinson, 372 yds, 6 TD, Rockcastle County
Blevin Campbell, 327 yds, 3 TD, Knox Central
Geordan Blanton, 302 yds, 7 TD, Johnson Central
Noah Frisby, 256 yds, 4 TD, Johnson Central

5A
JP Vaught, 920 yds, 11 TD, Southwestern
Jake Johnson, 835, 8 TD Pulaski County
Tanner Lucas, 710, 8 TD, Letcher County Central
Tyrese Simmons, 643 yds, 8 TD, Harlan County
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
In 1A. Have to place James and Chris Allen of Paintsville in there! Maybe 2 of the most athletic receivers Paintsville has ever had!
In 3A Collin Miller for Casey county needs to be on this list. Corbin did shut him down but they tripled up on him, underneath coverage, over the top, spy, etc.. But his stats and proven speed numbers should get him consideration.
Title of this says eastern Ky. And I'm pretty sure there was no triple coverage. 99.9.... played zone in the sec all night.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Since there is a thread for best RB, I figured I would start one about the best WR. I have listed the top 4 Wide Receivers(statistically) per class 1A-5A. What are your thoughts?

1A
Hagen Hawn, 661 yds, 4 TD, Williamsburg
Will Adams, 604 yds, 4 TD, Pineville
Jason Johnson, 583 yds, 3 TD, Hazard
Andrew McNamee, 441 yds, 8 TD, Pikeville

2A
Josh Cornett, 528 yds, 4 TD, Somerset
Corey Hairston, 483 yds, 4 TD, Middlesboro
Isaiah Cornett, 449 yds, 8 TD, Somerset
Tyler Dixon, 302 yds, 3 TD, Leslie County

3A
Tyler Kidd, 1047 yds, 15 TD, Knott County Central
Ethan Little, 822 yds, 8 TD, Breathitt County
Brady Whitaker, 640 yds, 3 TD, Magoffin County
A Moore, 487 yds, 6 TD, Corbin

4A
Michael Tomlinson, 372 yds, 6 TD, Rockcastle County
Blevin Campbell, 327 yds, 3 TD, Knox Central
Geordan Blanton, 302 yds, 7 TD, Johnson Central
Noah Frisby, 256 yds, 4 TD, Johnson Central

5A
JP Vaught, 920 yds, 11 TD, Southwestern
Jake Johnson, 835, 8 TD Pulaski County
Tanner Lucas, 710, 8 TD, Letcher County Central
Tyrese Simmons, 643 yds, 8 TD, Harlan County

Where did you gets these stats for 1A? According to khsaa.org, the 4 leading receivers in EKY in yards are:
John Cherry 741 yards Raceland
Cameron Webb 662 yards Raceland
Will Adam's 604 Pineville
Dylan Romine 567 yard Fairview
The last time I visited my parents in Raceland , Raceland and Fairview were still located in EKY.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Glad to see Tomlinson on the list. He is a great athlete on a predominantly running team. He would have much better stats if the Rock passed more than 6-10 times per game. (No offense meant to Rock coaches or fans.) He can be extremely successful at the next level.
As a matter of fact, all the 4A guys are great athletes on run-oriented teams. It would be interesting to see a yards per catch stat.
Jarons Wrote:Where did you gets these stats for 1A? According to khsaa.org, the 4 leading receivers in EKY in yards are:
The last time I visited my parents in Raceland , Raceland and Fairview were still located in EKY.

My apologies. When I think of Eastern KY, I think of the WYMT coverage area.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stats have very little bearing on who the top WR is IMO. I would say Simmons, Johnson, Vaught and Campbell are the most talented that is listed. I would also throw in Asher and Thompson from Bell.
Does anybody throw the ball in 4A?
Jarons Wrote:Where did you gets these stats for 1A? According to khsaa.org, the 4 leading receivers in EKY in yards are:

I would include Zac Alexander from Fleming in the list. 6'4 with 712 receiving yards on the season. Look up his Hudl for some of his highlight reel catches.
Jake Wright, WR Greenup County - 32 catches, 527 yards, 9 TDs. Better stats than all the players you mentioned in 4A.

This is also with him missing two games due to injury.
Give me Jake Johnson and AJ Moore and everyone else can have the field.

Those are, IMO, clearly the two best receivers in EKY.

I also will include Geordan Blanton of Johnson Central, even though he is hard to quanitfy as solely a WR. His best position is WR but he is just an all-around athlete.

If I had to build an Offense give me Moore and Johnson on the outside and Blanton in the slot and you are not going to stop them.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:In 1A. Have to place James and Chris Allen of Paintsville in there! Maybe 2 of the most athletic receivers Paintsville has ever had!

I thought they went to Johnson Central ?
The good teams from the east in 4A are predominantly run-oriented. They are effective passing but still rely heavily on the run.
Give me JP Vaught Kid has 920 yards on 33 catches!!!! Jake Johnson is second in yards with 63 catches. Double the catches and still less yards! And worth mentioning 11 of those 33 catches have went for scores.
Great numbers for Vaught.
speakthetruth Wrote:Give me JP Vaught Kid has 920 yards on 33 catches!!!! Jake Johnson is second in yards with 63 catches. Double the catches and still less yards! And worth mentioning 11 of those 33 catches have went for scores.
do you watch high school football?
If Blanton catches it...it goes to the house. One of the best athletes in JCHS history.
speakthetruth Wrote:Give me JP Vaught Kid has 920 yards on 33 catches!!!! Jake Johnson is second in yards with 63 catches. Double the catches and still less yards! And worth mentioning 11 of those 33 catches have went for scores.
:lame: Johnson has the state yardage record now. Has around 250 yds tonight with 10 min to go. Heard he has been double and triple teamed tonight. Your arguement is looking weaker.

Jake Johnson now has 1,080 receiving yards on the season! Don't know the stats from the SW game last night, but he will have needed a big night to keep up with Johnson!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NoPicks Wrote:Jake Wright, WR Greenup County - 32 catches, 527 yards, 9 TDs. Better stats than all the players you mentioned in 4A.

This is also with him missing two games due to injury.

He had 1 catch for 35 yards against JC.
Not sure what "keeping up with means" but Vaught has 1069 yards in 41 catches for 12 touchdowns vs Johnson 1080 in 89 catches for 11 touchdowns,
John Cherry has 960 yards and 10 TDs. His yac yards are off the charts. The Allen kids from JC are tough as well.
Observer22 Wrote:Not sure what "keeping up with means" but Vaught has 1069 yards in 41 catches for 12 touchdowns vs Johnson 1080 in 89 catches for 11 touchdowns,

speakthetruth seems to want to always compare the two, so that's what that means.

There really is no comparing the two though. Jake Johnson is the most decorated wide receiver in the history of Kentucky High School Football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He absolutely is the most decorated receiver in the state of KY, but based on the current stats , just not sure he's the BEST receiver in Pulaski county.
Observer22 Wrote:He absolutely is the most decorated receiver in the state of KY, but based on the current stats , just not sure he's the BEST receiver in Pulaski county.

That makes absolutely no sense! He will have set the following records this season and I am probably missing some.

School Record: Receiving yards in a game
State Record: Receiving yards in a career
State Record: Receptions in a career
State Record: Receptions in a season

So, he is hands down the best receiver in the county and the state! It will be a travesty if he does not win Mr. Football this year.

[Image: https://s15.postimg.org/96z0h2n3f/Donald..._Wrong.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
just thought you were referring to current season, thought it was apples to apples, but your correct overall stats Johnson's #'s are much better.
I will say this though. I do hope that Vaught continues to improve each season. If he does, he will have the ability to come close to a lot of Jake's records. Plus, Southwestern needs someone to at least be 3rd in the state for career receiving yards since Jake Johnson now holds the record for receiving yards in a career and Somerset's John Cole was the previous record holder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sorry didn't realize you didn't wan't an honest reply to a thread you started, but your right , Jake's a great athlete with a bright future and maybe if Vaught works really hard and with a bit of luck he'll make the list.