Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scores from Oct 8th playoff games
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Didn't have to be at the game. It was stated obviously. Northern scored by a margin of 21-6 AFTER the clock started to run. I'll even concede that the last score of the first half was legit. Keep your team playing till the half even if the clock is running. That being said, if I'm not mistaken there are 8 minutes per quarter in 8th grade football. That means northern still scored 14 points with 16 minutes of running clock, and south scored 6. There is no way that I believe northern wasn't still trying to score as many as they could. That being said, my distain isn't only for northern, it's for all of Pulaski county, southern and Meece included.

You honestly think that taking a knee on offense for 16 straight minutes (an entire half) wouldn't embarrass an opponent more than a 56 point loss? Your last comment explains all of it. Our scout team got some nice reps to end the game and did well. Here's a key point. A lot of our back-ups for 8th are 7th graders. I don't remember any 7th graders who even played in the 8th grade game to save up for the 7th battle against Ashland. Two players may have played 1 or 2 plays in the 8th grade game. SL saw 3rd & 4th string deep on offense for the most part.

Listen, last year Northern drilled Corbin 44-0 in the regular season. They took it in, went home, worked, and got better. A lot better actually. It took a nice play and some luck to beat them again in the playoffs. If Northern hadn't won that game, Corbin would have another ring on their finger. Some teams, the elite teams, take their beatings and use them to their advantage. I'd be shocked if that group doesn't win a 3A KHSAA state title when they get to high school.

Another example from back in 2010, Northern got drilled by Southern 35-12 (it wasn't near as close as the score indicated). Maroons got throttled from start to finish. Lost again 3 weeks later 23-12. Lost for a third time in the playoffs 7-0. Chipped away all year and improved. Didn't win, but that improvement was what mattered. Another week of improvement and who knows how the season would have finished. Southern went on and won the KYMSFA state championship that year. Those Maroons ended up doing pretty well their senior year by adding a KHSAA championship. To me, it paid off in the end. Got better and showed significant improvement in high school.

Unfortunately for South Laurel, they won't get another chance this year. Hopefully their players will take it in and get better for high school.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:It is football. It's a tough sport. Most coaches won't tell their players not to try. Sometimes it goes their way. Open lanes and so forth. But it's still 11,12, 13 yr old kids. With all that being said. It will be forgotten fairly soon by everybody. Except the kids.

So you're suppose to take a knee for an entire half, instead of playing kids that don't see the field as much. That's BS and you know it, don't talk about it unless you know what you're talking about.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:I'm not understanding the whole thing about people being "haters" because of saying something about a middle school team putting up 80 points. It does have a psychological toll on the youth. I think that's why you don't see it a lot. Sportsmanship says a lot. Other coaches, parents, kids, schools see those things.

Single Wing 77 just mentioned distain toward Northern, Southern, & Meece even prior to this game. There are haters out there. His comment had nothing to do about the psychological toll on the youth as much as just spouting off because he doesn't like Pulaski County or Somerset schools.

In my opinion, that's why some teams are softer than others. Folks cater to them by crying that it's classless/unsportsmanlike and let them know it's okay to lose by 50. It's not okay. Other coaches, parents, kids, schools see the W's and championships as well. To many of those people, no one cares about the score and very few will remember a few years down the road. They care about getting the win now and preparing for a high school career later. A championship attitude is a lot of what makes a successful high school team. It's going to take that kind of attitude to beat a Bowling Green-type team in 5A in high school.
Mark_my_words Wrote:So you're suppose to take a knee for an entire half, instead of playing kids that don't see the field as much. That's BS and you know it, don't talk about it unless you know what you're talking about.
Ok, total ignorance in this dumb comment. Take a knee a entire half. Never mind. I can't say anything else.:lame:
The only team I have heard of taken a knee in a half was Meece against North Laurel on there own 15 yrd line. Good grief people, I watched my boy get killed all year at Southern and he is mentally fine losing by 50+. If you really watched the game S. laurel would score to keep it off running clock with they're 26 pts. Would someone call the short bus, I think we have found a missing passengers.
WOW, I'm backing Northern and Meece. lmao didn't see that coming. I guess its true even though we fight, we defend each other. lol Don't mind to at all, because they did know wrong....... This time
GoldenSpirit Wrote:Ok, total ignorance in this dumb comment. Take a knee a entire half. Never mind. I can't say anything else.:lame:

Good your comments don't make any sense half the time anyway!! Just cry,cry,cry,boohoo,boohoo!!
SWpride Wrote:WOW, I'm backing Northern and Meece. lmao didn't see that coming. I guess its true even though we fight, we defend each other. lol Don't mind to at all, because they did know wrong....... This time

Would do the same for you. Gotta fight together to stop idiocy!
Yes sir, Northern, Southern, and Meece are still family on every team, cousin's, brothers and so on. Look at Pikeville and Belfry they hate each other on Friday night, but will back each other to the end against anyone else. Its call Class, respect with a little hate on givin days. They just can't handle it, and know matter what color we wear on the field we're all still Pulaskians. What would they do If all 3 schools played as one team? lmao
SWpride Wrote:Yes sir, Northern, Southern, and Meece are still family on every team, cousin's, brothers and so on. Look at Pikeville and Belfry they hate each other on Friday night, but will back each other to the end against anyone else. Its call Class, respect with a little hate on givin days. They just can't handle it, and know matter what color we wear on the field we're all still Pulaskians. What would they do If all 3 schools played as one team? lmao

Be in DEEP trouble that's what!
SWpride Wrote:WOW, I'm backing Northern and Meece. lmao didn't see that coming. I guess its true even though we fight, we defend each other. lol Don't mind to at all, because they did know wrong....... This time

Your in trouble, Im telling mom, lol.
Mustang Jax Wrote:Good your comments don't make any sense half the time anyway!! Just cry,cry,cry,boohoo,boohoo!!
Sorry Miss. I don't understand your feelings being a mom for Northern. I forgot that moms and dumba** just make automatic corrects statements on everything and everybody. So Miss, I'm sorry. :igiveup:
GoldenSpirit Wrote:Sorry Miss. I don't understand your feelings being a mom for Northern. I forgot that moms and dumba** just make automatic corrects statements on everything and everybody. So Miss, I'm sorry. :igiveup:

That's for proving my point! Your comments make no sense whatsoever! Just stop making an idiot of yourself! And it's Mrs not Miss.I love being a Northern Mom!
Wildcat18 Wrote:You honestly think that taking a knee on offense for 16 straight minutes (an entire half) wouldn't embarrass an opponent more than a 56 point loss? Your last comment explains all of it. Our scout team got some nice reps to end the game and did well. Here's a key point. A lot of our back-ups for 8th are 7th graders. I don't remember any 7th graders who even played in the 8th grade game to save up for the 7th battle against Ashland. Two players may have played 1 or 2 plays in the 8th grade game. SL saw 3rd & 4th string deep on offense for the most part.

Listen, last year Northern drilled Corbin 44-0 in the regular season. They took it in, went home, worked, and got better. A lot better actually. It took a nice play and some luck to beat them again in the playoffs. If Northern hadn't won that game, Corbin would have another ring on their finger. Some teams, the elite teams, take their beatings and use them to their advantage. I'd be shocked if that group doesn't win a 3A KHSAA state title when they get to high school.

Another example from back in 2010, Northern got drilled by Southern 35-12 (it wasn't near as close as the score indicated). Maroons got throttled from start to finish. Lost again 3 weeks later 23-12. Lost for a third time in the playoffs 7-0. Chipped away all year and improved. Didn't win, but that improvement was what mattered. Another week of improvement and who knows how the season would have finished. Southern went on and won the KYMSFA state championship that year. Those Maroons ended up doing pretty well their senior year by adding a KHSAA championship. To me, it paid off in the end. Got better and showed significant improvement in high school.

Unfortunately for South Laurel, they won't get another chance this year. Hopefully their players will take it in and get better for high school.

I know that as a coach, you can call plays to help the clock run out in that situation. If you can't, then you flat out don't need to be coaching. Run it in the 2 and 3 hole where you'll gain 4-5 yards a carry and take your time getting plays in. You notice I wasn't on here complaining about northern putting a running clock on my hounds earlier this year, or last year for that matter. ALL that being said, even though I don't particularly like some of the things they do. I do have respect for all three of those teams, if they make it to the finals I'll be rooting for them to win it all. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the hounds be playing for the D-2 and 7th grade state titles. Whoever makes it out of region 4 will have my support though.
Mustang Jax Wrote:That's for proving my point! Your comments make no sense whatsoever! Just stop making an idiot of yourself! And it's Mrs not Miss.I love being a Northern Mom!
It should be easy to understand Miss. It's in English. I know it's you Tonya. Aquí, esto podría ayudarle. Esto tendrá más sentido.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:It should be easy to understand Miss. It's in English. I know it's you Tonya. Aquí, esto podría ayudarle. Esto tendrá más sentido.
You do know you just broke BGR rules by mentioning a name of a user.? Even if that is her name, we normal football fans don't care, you just proved your on here to start on people and not talk about football. You sound pretty butt hurt. we may argue on here, but that was classless, and disrespectful.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:It should be easy to understand Miss. It's in English. I know it's you Tonya. Aquí, esto podría ayudarle. Esto tendrá más sentido.

Dude,I was just playing around earlier but you really are an idiot.I thought you were just trying to be cute calling me miss so I went along with it. Trust me this isn't the girl you named! I can't even think of who you could be Talking about! Hell truth is I'm not a female at all,but it doesn't matter.We argue and pick on each other ,some people lie and exaggerate on here while talking about football.Most of it is all in fun,but It usually doesant get personal.
Mustang Jax Wrote:Dude,I was just playing around earlier but you really are an idiot.I thought you were just trying to be cute calling me miss so I went along with it. Trust me this isn't the girl you named! I can't even think of who you could be Talking about! Hell truth is I'm not a female at all,but it doesn't matter.We argue and pick on each other ,some people lie and exaggerate on here while talking about football.Most of it is all in fun,but It usually doesant get personal.
See, the thing is. I don't care what you or anybody else has to say or think. Like most grown adults don't get bothered by any comment. Saying cry, butthole hurt or a name. I was all in fun. It was between 2 people. But like most, noisy people have to get involved. So if you look at the beginning of this dispute. It will show. How did it get personal. A made up name. Did I know see where a person on here from this tread name a kids name. About southern missing him. So save ur rules or whatever or whomever did or say whatever. Then click like. Thank You:eyeroll:
GoldenSpirit Wrote:See, the thing is. I don't care what you or anybody else has to say or think. Like most grown adults don't get bothered by any comment. Saying cry, butthole hurt or a name. I was all in fun. It was between 2 people. But like most, noisy people have to get involved. So if you look at the beginning of this dispute. It will show. How did it get personal. A made up name. Did I know see where a person on here from this tread name a kids name. About southern missing him. So save ur rules or whatever or whomever did or say whatever. Then click like. Thank You:eyeroll:

what ever dude,too much to translate! Next thread please!
:popcorn::insane::popcorn::ChairHit:
Meece's National class qb is out for the season with a devastating knee injury. Their #2 reciever is out with a broken arm and their starting offensive and defensive end is out with a collar bone injury. Their qb is bar none the best middle school qb I've ever seen. Meece losing him is painful. They are still a nice team.
foozeballfanatic Wrote:Meece's National class qb is out for the season with a devastating knee injury. Their #2 reciever is out with a broken arm and their starting offensive and defensive end is out with a collar bone injury. Their qb is bar none the best middle school qb I've ever seen. Meece losing him is painful. They are still a nice team.
This team has been battling injuries for weeks I've heard. Any word on the 2 coming back? Meece should be real stout if that's the only 2 out, but I've only seen a few games.
All three doubtful.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I know that as a coach, you can call plays to help the clock run out in that situation. If you can't, then you flat out don't need to be coaching. Run it in the 2 and 3 hole where you'll gain 4-5 yards a carry and take your time getting plays in. You notice I wasn't on here complaining about northern putting a running clock on my hounds earlier this year, or last year for that matter. ALL that being said, even though I don't particularly like some of the things they do. I do have respect for all three of those teams, if they make it to the finals I'll be rooting for them to win it all. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather the hounds be playing for the D-2 and 7th grade state titles. Whoever makes it out of region 4 will have my support though.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but whoever told you that Northern was running a no-huddle offense up 50 against SL last Saturday was lying to you.

With that said, there is a lot of pride in being region 4. I'll go for whoever comes out. It will be a clean sweep this year.
I'll throw my two cents in this as a coach.

If up a lot (running clock), I will play my backups. However I am not going to tell my backups don't score.

True most, if not all, of my plays with backups in will be between tackle plays, I still can't tell a player to go down instead of breaking a TD if the defense can't stop them. If I did that I would lose kids and probably job for not doing what we train our kids for.

From what I hear the SL team kept it within running clock limits for a while. You gotta be up by 36 in first and believe 26 in first half to start running clock.
foozeballfanatic Wrote:All three doubtful.
I knew the QB out for year, but if the 2 that are out are the ones I was told this morning it was by a parent, in my opinion that doesn't hurt Meece at all. The WR I can see hurting some, but if its the kid that got ejected at Corbin, it'll just keep flags off Meece. Not being mean, just a opinion.
I know it's still early in playoffs but who are the FBU coaches this year for 8th.
blue bomber Wrote:What kind of person does that

Heck ask Tony Love why he beat East Carter 63-0. Yes he did play his starters into the 4th quarter. That's running the score up. Now Matney pulled his studs on offense after the score was 21-0. Was it classless that Louisville beat FSU 63-20? Classless Michigan won 78-0? How bout that one time Ohio State beat Rutgers 58-0? Boy Urban Meyer is a monster! Boy that darn Meece beating North Laurel by 54 was sure a classless act. Geez folks 56 is not a big margin by any means. It happens, this was a case of a higher scoring game in the 1st half, tired 1's against fresh 2's and 3's in the second half.
How do you score 82 in a middle school game?
You're up 30 points....put as many subs in as you can...both sides of the ball. Run your basic offense and defense. If you find yourself in the last minute....and in the red zone....you take a knee. I'm not for beating kids 40-50 points or even more.