Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets
Where at?
SWpride Wrote:Today was told Pikeville and Paintsville dropped out of playoffs is that true?

Confirmed as of this morning.
Moss has forfeited their game vs Warren East.
Why all the bailouts?
Are teams really that afraid to play NH? I don't care if I know my team is gonna get beat, I will stay have them play for the experience.
Neither Pikeville nor Paintsville had any chance of doing anything in the playoffs. both have struggled all year.
SWpride Wrote:Today was told Pikeville and Paintsville dropped out of playoffs is that true?

plantmanky Wrote:Confirmed as of this morning.

That's kind of lame. Why would you wait until after the brackets are out before you decide to bail?

I wonder if it's because they were set to play each other in the play-in game. Do you think that each school knows that the other dropped out? If one school had stayed in, I guess that team would have automatically advanced to play NH in the first round.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:That's kind of lame. Why would you wait until after the brackets are out before you decide to bail?

I wonder if it's because they were set to play each other in the play-in game. Do you think that each school knows that the other dropped out? If one school had stayed in, I guess that team would have automatically advanced to play NH in the first round.

To me, lame is when schools pick and choose which years they think they can compete to enter the KYMSFA. Who does Shelby Valley have in the 1st round?
Talked to one of our Coaches today and confirmed that we will not be playing in the State Tournament. Apparently if we'd not backed out, that would put us playing potentially 4 games in 7 days being that our County Tournament doesn't even start until Tuesday. That's asking a little too much from ANY football team.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Talked to one of our Coaches today and confirmed that we will not be playing in the State Tournament. Apparently if we'd not backed out, that would put us playing potentially 4 games in 7 days being that our County Tournament doesn't even start until Tuesday. That's asking a little too much from ANY football team.
Did they not know when they're conf. was being held before season? Sounds pretty stupid to get in knowing you had to play your conf. tourney knowing by 22nd you would be low seed, or is it they sat to see if New Harlan was in or out, and got gave both New Harlan and Meece in same region? .
SWpride Wrote:Did they not know when they're conf. was being held before season? Sounds pretty stupid to get in knowing you had to play your conf. tourney knowing by 22nd you would be low seed, or is it they sat to see if New Harlan was in or out, and got gave both New Harlan and Meece in same region? .
Dont know, just relaying what I was told.
Don't care how down you are or how tuff the road is you never give up on your kids!
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Above 256 - D1
Below 160 - D3

Numbers are 6/7 grade males taken every 2 years. They use official SAAR for 2015-16 for last and this year's division. So if your numbers were D1, 2 or 3 last year that's what you play this year as well. What's submitted/ official SAAR #s.

The last time that the numbers were taken NH was under 160 and correctly was placed D3. Like Coach said the new numbers are done every two years and based off of the end of last year NH pulls from 5 schools that have a total of 170 total males in 6th and 7th grade. Here is my question...

Does it make a difference that one school does not and has not fielded a single player for NH in years? Take away the 14 males available from that school and NH would be at 156 and remain in D3. If not then it is D2 the next go around. Not sure it will matter after this year though because NH loses ALOT.
The numbers from the 2015-16 SAAR (last year's) were for last (15'-16') and this year's (16'-17') playoffs from what I glean from posts. So, that's correct. The 170 should have meant D2 last and this year. Simple.

Next year's 6/7 graders for 17'-18' and 18'-19'.

Wouldn't be much of an issue I'm sure but for the MASSIVE crew from Rosspoint Elem which we are familiar with in 6th grade bball QF @ KBA.

A shame teams are dropping out when it really is all about them. But it is what it is.
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Wouldn't be much of an issue I'm sure but for the MASSIVE crew from Rosspoint Elem which we are familiar with in 6th grade bball QF @ KBA.

Don't remind me about QF at KBA 😒 Haha.
remember to let me know before you all post these every year so I can adjust your attachments and repost them so all guest of the site can see them.
wcat98 Wrote:I just registered and the site won't let me view the jpg brackets. Can anyone tell me who Murray is playing? Should be D3. Thanks.

Ive reposted them so you and anyone else can see.
You have to post 5 times and be out of moderated status in order to view attachments.
It might be a smart ideal to punish teams who drop out after the brackets are release with a one year postseason ban....

As for the rest of the comments ive been skimming through....

1. You can tell the committee gets it as close as possible to what they believe will make everyone happy. Finding sites alone has to be a major headache, but I have a feeling with the introduction of field turfs at a lot of places this may start becoming easier. Remember, this is a young organization. Perry Hazard Letcher Harlan Co high schools all have turf fields, and this will continue to grow and become more popular. Unless it was because of weather, schools like Whitley have a great middle school field they can host on, but its not turf and having an entire regional in October would kill it. Personally, if I were a school and didn't have scheduling conflicts, id take it in a heartbeat for fundraising off concessions.

2. Enough with the NH stuff. Its been said several times. About the time they do move up, teams like Belfry and Meece are likely to move down just making some of you even more angry Confusednicker:

3. The only problem I really see if the disparity among middle school programs around the state. While it does suck that Region 4 is ALWAYS completely loaded in every class, theres really not much else that can be done until more teams participate.

4. Kids are going to play and want to play no matter where you put them, where you put them at, or how long it takes to get there. Play the games.
Wildcat18 Wrote:To me, lame is when schools pick and choose which years they think they can compete to enter the KYMSFA. Who does Shelby Valley have in the 1st round?

For your information, Shelby Valley competed in KYMSFA the last couple of years because they had the depth to do so. At the start of this year, with a roster of 20 kids, they had planned on competing again. Since then, the team has been decimated by injuries, and currently only have 15 healthy kids on the team. Of those, two kids can't always make it to every game, so if they happen to both miss at the same time, that would leave 13 players. Do you think it's a good idea to enter the playoffs knowing you may only have two kids on the sideline at kickoff? If you do, then you really are clueless.

At least Shelby Valley didn't wait until brackets were already made before deciding they didn't want to compete. They didn't let schedules get set, then leave other teams hanging. THAT's what is truly lame.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't remember Belfry crying about traveling for the last 4 years, so shut up and come to Belfry.
I would really like to know who is driving the bus if it takes 4 hours from Sumerset to Belfry
More Cowbell Wrote:For your information, Shelby Valley competed in KYMSFA the last couple of years because they had the depth to do so. At the start of this year, with a roster of 20 kids, they had planned on competing again. Since then, the team has been decimated by injuries, and currently only have 15 healthy kids on the team. Of those, two kids can't always make it to every game, so if they happen to both miss at the same time, that would leave 13 players. Do you think it's a good idea to enter the playoffs knowing you may only have two kids on the sideline at kickoff? If you do, then you really are clueless.

At least Shelby Valley didn't wait until brackets were already made before deciding they didn't want to compete. They didn't let schedules get set, then leave other teams hanging. THAT's what is truly lame.

A school the size of SV only has 20 kids and now down to 15 wow that's not good
SWpride Wrote:Did they not know when they're conf. was being held before season? Sounds pretty stupid to get in knowing you had to play your conf. tourney knowing by 22nd you would be low seed, or is it they sat to see if New Harlan was in or out, and got gave both New Harlan and Meece in same region? .
Pike Co schools knew by first of Sept if not earlier the dates of their County Playoffs.
proud44pirate Wrote:I would really like to know who is driving the bus if it takes 4 hours from Sumerset to Belfry

Takes approximately 3.5 hours on a bus. Belfry hasn't traveled farther than Bell County one time if I'm not mistaken. The others have been at Johnson Central. Which is about 3-3.5 hours from Somerset as well for those keeping track. So Belfry doesn't notoriously travel very far for region.
More Cowbell Wrote:For your information, Shelby Valley competed in KYMSFA the last couple of years because they had the depth to do so. At the start of this year, with a roster of 20 kids, they had planned on competing again. Since then, the team has been decimated by injuries, and currently only have 15 healthy kids on the team. Of those, two kids can't always make it to every game, so if they happen to both miss at the same time, that would leave 13 players. Do you think it's a good idea to enter the playoffs knowing you may only have two kids on the sideline at kickoff? If you do, then you really are clueless.

What is the enrollment for Shelby Valley? I'm assuming they pull from different elementary schools. Is that correct?
kids03 Wrote:Pike Co schools knew by first of Sept if not earlier the dates of their County Playoffs.

Correct. When our coaches released the full schedule at the end of July, it already had the dates for the Pike County playoffs listed as Oct 1st, 4th, and 11th.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]