Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets
Attached are the 2016 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets. Good Luck to all teams. All logistics for each game will be corresponded to the coaches and administration of the teams.

[Image: https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=587EE39B]

[Image: https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=586E89CD]

[Image: https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=587D49F8]

[Image: https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=58A80EDA]
Let the complaining commence!!
I'm picking Tk stone to win D2
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:ChairHit:
Now that bracket is out my predictions are:

D1 - Northern Pulaski.
D2 - TK vs Corbin/belfry/Barret winner
D3 - New Harlan or Meece (if healthy)
7th - North Pulaski vs Barret winner.
I just registered and the site won't let me view the jpg brackets. Can anyone tell me who Murray is playing? Should be D3. Thanks.
WOW Meece moved to Region 4 from Region 2 and gets first seed. That's insane... Adams Williamsburg, New Harlan. OOOOH THIS GONNA GET GOOD. Friend told me today Meece will be Healthy by Regionals knock on wood. Ashland has to travel to Northern, Southern we just got killed by Knox it was our last game. smdh Northern Johnson and Knox rematchs possible. Forget the other regions Region 4 is state championship caliber games, but wouldn't that hurt semi's by not getting all the best teams there together? Belfry makin the dollar this year lol. Good Luck to all teams.
I'll make the complaining easy. Teams with 5 losses get higher seed than team with 1?
Its by school size isn't it? On seeding.
:thatsfunnConfusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker::hilarious::1::worthy::worthy:FORGET LEXINGTON, STATE FINALS HELD AT BELFRY ALL DIVISONS LMAO
SWpride Wrote:Its by school size isn't it? On seeding.
I mean if your going to make a comment about it just say the teams.

But seeding was done by a teams average points. Every seed is set by average point value. More wins against large divisions help teams, so does being a conference champion.
Was just asking a question. D1 Northern, D2 Belfry D3 Meece 7th grade Northern:flame:
Region 4 .... Meece! Man oh man us Patriots cannot wait!
From what I heard, meece's quarterback and running back are both out.. I'm not sure but was told this.
Watch out for upsets in region 4 for d1 and d2
Whitley and Johnson? Johnson with 1 loss on the season, whitley with a 4-5 record. Whitley is in same conference as Knox and NP right? So I know they didn't win that. So pretty much wins count for nothing?
Looks to me like Johnson has the most to complain about! How did their 7th grade get a 4 seed? I'm not sure they can beat North Laurel in the first round.
I'm not complaining just have a question confused on how the seeding works. Last year New Harlan we lost 1 game we was a number 1 seed. This year the same we lost one game and we are the 2 seed.
Footballmom1985 Wrote:I'm not complaining just have a question confused on how the seeding works. Last year New Harlan we lost 1 game we was a number 1 seed. This year the same we lost one game and we are the 2 seed.

My guess says someone wanted the New Harlan vs Meece game early! Why put your two best teams in the same region? No doubt in my mind the winner of that game is your state champs!
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I mean if your going to make a comment about it just say the teams.

But seeding was done by a teams average points. Every seed is set by average point value. More wins against large divisions help teams, so does being a conference champion.

Will the points be released for transparency? If Meece truly had 5 losses then it is hard to believe that they could have earned enough points from wins to have a higher average than New Harlan who played teams from all divisions and actually beat them....all but one.
Meece only had one loss.

I think the poster is referring to Whitley with 5 losses. Sometimes middle brackets have to make logistical issues more than seeding.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Meece only had one loss.

I think the poster is referring to Whitley with 5 losses. Sometimes middle brackets have to make logistical issues more than seeding.

I would hope that is the case because 1) I couldn't see Meece losing 5 and 2) There is no way Meece with 5 losses could have earned enough victory points to beat out NH for the 1 seed.

Why was Meece moved between different regions? Did they pick up the school and move or something?
Nor do I see the logistics involved in this one, another hour+ further to Pulaski than knox. And Ashland has to travel to Pulaski first round as well, instead of playing Johnson.
Meece is 9-1 only lose to corbin because they only had 4 starters and played 2nd string 7th graders after 2nd qter 42-38 to Corbin. Was told last night Meece had almost 2 more points then New Harlan.
SWpride Wrote:Meece is 9-1 only lose to corbin because they only had 4 starters and played 2nd string 7th graders after 2nd qter 42-38 to Corbin. Was told last night Meece had almost 2 more points then New Harlan.

That would seem believable. New Harlan had trouble getting anyone to play them close to home and had to travel ALOT to get enough games to even qualify for playoffs. Looks to be a MEECE vs New Harlan Regional Final if all goes as planned. Should be a good one!
Has Meece and New Harlan played this year?
I'm satisfied with the draw. My concern is the same as others' about how a team who finishes below .500 with 5 losses can be a 3-seed is beyond me. Johnson should be your #3 in D1, they've earned it.

I don't buy the logistics excuse anymore. There was a time that carried some weight. The Somerset schools could spend over 7 hours on a bus round trip to Belfry when it could only be 3-4 in another region. I love the competitiveness of Region 4, but it may be time to re-evaluate regions if logistics is as much of a part of it as everyone insinuates. The regional sites keep sliding farther and farther east each year. We Region 4 teams take a lot of pride with the champ notoriously coming from there, but man that would make a nice championship weekend atmosphere. I say that to say this. Now that Meece is in region 4 with New Harlan, I'm putting my money on a clean sweep this year. 4-4 out of Region 4.
Region 2 teams were all with in a hour to somerset in D3, I mean seriously who wouldn't want to see a Danville Vs Somerset game the weekend the high schools play lol. Glasgow and Foley lost by 30 plus to them. Northern has to take another trip up there that's hard on kids any age, southern we got to play team we just played. either way I agree 4-4 region 4 put I'm pulling for a 3-1 Pulaski Co./Somerset schools to bring 3 titles back to Our city/County.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm satisfied with the draw. My concern is the same as others' about how a team who finishes below .500 with 5 losses can be a 3-seed is beyond me. Johnson should be your #3 in D1, they've earned it.

I don't buy the logistics excuse anymore. There was a time that carried some weight. The Somerset schools could spend over 7 hours on a bus round trip to Belfry when it could only be 3-4 in another region. I love the competitiveness of Region 4, but it may be time to re-evaluate regions if logistics is as much of a part of it as everyone insinuates. The regional sites keep sliding farther and farther east each year. We Region 4 teams take a lot of pride with the champ notoriously coming from there, but man that would make a nice championship weekend atmosphere. I say that to say this. Now that Meece is in region 4 with New Harlan, I'm putting my money on a clean sweep this year. 4-4 out of Region 4.

Logistics do play in to it. Teams that field both 7/8th teams need to be able to play in the same place.
I know they played N.laurel, S.Laurel and that's 2 D1 schools Clay is D2 because we played them. I think the conference made a difference and bowl games were against D1 and D2 schools.