Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 KYMSFA State Championship Brackets
Let's just move all the regionals, semi's and finals to elizabethtown
I can't help but think if the turf would have went through at PC or Southwestern last year the regions would be held there this season.
plantmanky Wrote:2011 Martin Co
2012 Johnson Co
2013 Johnson Co
2014 Letcher Central
2015 Bell Co
2016 Belfry

Of the member schools with turf fields the only three that havent hosted are.

Harlan Co
-never have offered to host
Hazard - Cant host that weekend due to other events on the field
Prestonsburg - Was a finalist this year, had to back out due to a conflict.

Region 4 is the only region where schools line up to host. Every other region we have to beg teams to host.

There are two other schools in Region 4 with turf too, Pikeville and Shelby Valley.

I believe that this season will only be the 3rd season that Pikeville has participated in KYMSFA, so I suppose they might offer at some point.

Shelby Valley (who decided not to do the playoffs this year) has a decent facility, but I can't see them ever offering to host. That field probably gets used more by various sports teams than any field in the state.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
going to stick my neck out and ask a question. lol If next year is when schools are redone and like the enrollment, region changes, divison changes Wouldn't the same rule apply for Williamsburg, and Meece not be moved to a different region till next year,? and any other schools from being moved to another region?
BobcatPride74 Wrote:Doesn't the Redhounds have to play Bell first!!! Never mind that's 7th you are talking about !!

I wasn't overlooking bell, I have great respect for them. I was just named the teams I did because they were the one seeds in the respective regions. I'm not connected to the team anyway, I'm just a fan.
Teams can be moved from one region to another on a year by year basis. Meece and Williamsburg were in region 2 Soley to balance out the region. Once that region was able to get more teams they were going to be moved back.
Thank you Lockwood was just wondering.
Crickets on the fairness of putting a documented (and as I've witnessed AWESOME) D2 NH squad back into D3. KYMSFA could have rectified the mistake if it wished. Didn't need to wait for next year's realignment.

Thoughts from other true D3 Region 4 teams and dare I say Meece?? WOW!!
Hazard is available that weekend, I know that for fact.

Hazard to me would be the most logical place every year.

To the west:
Somerset 1:30
Corbin 1:15
London hour
Harlan hour

To the East:
Belfry 1:30
Paintsville/Johnson/Pikeville hour
Prestonsburg 45 min

And Letcher, Leslie, Breathitt all 30 min

I hosted a great game between Johnson and Northern last year and a Belfry/Southern Pulaski game last year.

I think we would be willing to host Region 4 finals every year, just as a central location
I think I'm about the only one discussing Meece for Meece and I just watch them because of a kid that plays there and get info from what I see and his family. Whats done is done, and Meece will be healthy, but have a tough road with Adams then New Harlan. Know matter what has or had happened it boils down to just let the kids play. Its no secret that the KYMSFA doesn't like Northern or Meece very well look at what they did last year when they made us Southern and Northern play at Meece. You got to think about a lot of stuff over the years that's been done like KYMSFA made meece get up at 5 am to get loaded and travel to Lexington for a 8am kickoff against CAL at 18 degrees knowing CAL had a hotel and didn't tell Meece till day before of time change. I heard a real old high school coach talk about it at Clay Co. game, but as my friend said today Meece will be healthy and have been getting ready for this game for awhile, so just let the kids play and may the best team win, but no matter who wins both these teams are awesome programs this year.
Pretty sure that the NH thing has been discussed a lot! But just for fun let's review.

Alignment is set every two (2) years. Once alignment is set teams are not moved. When the numbers first came out for association to look go off of, the numbers provided said D3. So that meant they were placed in D3. The association can't do anything if the numbers were changed after the alignment was set.

You wanna talk about fairness, I hear Belfry's numbers are close if not I D3 level, shouldn't they be put down into D3 to be fair to them? Think Wayne Co is just over the cutoff to drop a level also.

So NH is D3, this is going to be checked again since realignment will change next year. Maybe we can move them to D3 R3 next year so no one says that R4 is loaded.
CADEREECE Wrote:Hazard is available that weekend, I know that for fact.

Hazard to me would be the most logical place every year.

To the west:
Somerset 1:30
Corbin 1:15
London hour
Harlan hour

To the East:
Belfry 1:30
Paintsville/Johnson/Pikeville hour
Prestonsburg 45 min

And Letcher, Leslie, Breathitt all 30 min

I hosted a great game between Johnson and Northern last year and a Belfry/Southern Pulaski game last year.

I think we would be willing to host Region 4 finals every year, just as a central location

Hazard is open on October 22nd? I was told there was a band competition that day. That would be the best case scenario for a central location for Region 4. That should be the first call every year.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I can't help but think if the turf would have went through at PC or Southwestern last year the regions would be held there this season.

I guess football can no longer be played on grass. I wouldn't even recommend that because it wouldn't fit the bill for the far east teams. Key word is "central" location.

My two proposed options:

1. Central location on turf.

2. Home fields for regional finals, could even alternate yearly per region if you want to mimic the KHSAA.
Playing regional finals on grass is not the problem. Finding a high school coach that will allow 4 games be played on there field that late in the season is.
Hazard would be fine with me every year.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Didn't they host last year?

Did they ask to host again this year?

They did last year and nobody asked this year. Too much work I guess?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Hazard is open on October 22nd? I was told there was a band competition that day. That would be the best case scenario for a central location for Region 4. That should be the first call every year.

I agree. So the school then needs to want to host.

I am not opposed to the idea of hosting like KHSAA does, but schools will have to take some accountability.

Admins will have to be there, and sometimes that just isn't the case in ms.

I do think that would make the 7th grade division nearly impossible to schedule some years.
SWpride Wrote:going to stick my neck out and ask a question. lol If next year is when schools are redone and like the enrollment, region changes, divison changes Wouldn't the same rule apply for Williamsburg, and Meece not be moved to a different region till next year,? and any other schools from being moved to another region?

Good question. Since Meece and Williamsburg were Region 4 teams they weren't moved to a new region.
they've been region 2 the past 2 or 3 years
Glasgow is another example of a team that has bounced around between regions 1 and 2 the last few years as well.
MR. Slate Wrote:Playing regional finals on grass is not the problem. Finding a high school coach that will allow 4 games be played on there field that late in the season is.
Hazard would be fine with me every year.

Don't some of the middle schools have their own fields to play on? Surely some of the coaches that do would allow four games to be played there.
plantmanky Wrote:Glasgow is another example of a team that has bounced around between regions 1 and 2 the last few years as well.

Bluegrass is another example. While I was there we played in a different region every year. Didn't really bother me except for the year we got shipped out 4 hours to Paducah for region 1 while region 2 was at Nelson county... the point is these kids don't care where they have to travel they just want to play the game. If some of these parents and fans would have the same attitude as some of these kids I think it would be a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Having to travel for a big game is something I think really prepared our kids for high school.
I honestly can't think of one ms field that could accommodate a regional.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I honestly can't think of one ms field that could accommodate a regional.

Tk stone in elizabethtown can and has done so in the years past. They could also accommodate the all star weekend. Plenty of seating and a good astmospher in general. Combine and banquet could be held at the Pritchard community center as well
What are the cut off numbers for each division?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Having to travel for a big game is something I think really prepared our kids for high school.

The kids love it,truth be told so do most of the parents.Ive never been to Belfry kinda looking forward to it ,but we have two win a couple games first or it don't matter where Regionals are held!
Lakers_football Wrote:Tk stone in elizabethtown can and has done so in the years past. They could also accommodate the all star weekend. Plenty of seating and a good astmospher in general. Combine and banquet could be held at the Pritchard community center as well

Played there in a Regional and Enjoyed it, but I guess I was thinking in Region 4.
Mustang Jax Wrote:The kids love it,truth be told so do most of the parents.Ive never been to Belfry kinda looking forward to it ,but we have two win a couple games first or it don't matter where Regionals are held!

Hope we can be a good host, holler at me via private message if you guys make it and I'll get you a hot dog on me. They say they're pretty good! I haven't tried them for a few superstitious reasons.
Above 256 - D1
Below 160 - D3

Numbers are 6/7 grade males taken every 2 years. They use official SAAR for 2015-16 for last and this year's division. So if your numbers were D1, 2 or 3 last year that's what you play this year as well. What's submitted/ official SAAR #s.
Today was told Pikeville and Paintsville dropped out of playoffs is that true? tomorrow Southern and Northern......Go Warriors