Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knoxville Catholic 45 Belfry 20
eagles2011 Wrote:That's 5 games belfry needs next year how many resign there contracts

Johnson central. I'm hearing matney wanting two play week 2 or week 4 instead of week 10

I'm hearing Matney may not be around next year. Not sure if that's just an ugly rumor or if it has some legitimacy to it. But I've heard that from some decently placed sources. Is that rumor being floated in Paintsville? Where is it coming from? I was shocked when I heard it.
Belfry fans need to take a step back and breathe a little. You know the naysayers and the haters are gonna come full force when the Pirates stub their toe. This program has been on an amazing run for the past several years....and between the winning and the bragging....gonna rub some folks the wrong way. Pirates didn't play particularly well Friday. It happens. Let's hope the team grows from it, and the staff uses the tape as a means of refocusing on the ultimate goal. Going Undefeated would have been great....but it's not and was never the goal for this team. We've got another stiff challenge coming with Cabell Midland. I'm guessing they'll get our full attention....especially at home.

With that....after some reflection over the past two games with Knoxville....I still say......that if you're traveling 4 hours+....you need to travel the day before. Belfry came out just like Knoxville did last year at CAM. It's a far piece to travel. No excuses. Just looking at future games and distance we may have to travel. Go Big Red!
Granny Bear Wrote:I was fortunate enough to find the game on TV. Actually, my husband found it and yelled the channel for me to tune; I was surprised and delighted!!

Catholic is a machine! They were very disciplined and athletic. There were very few tackles made by Catholic where they didn't hold up the Belfry RBs while another Catholic player would pull, tug, hit with their helmets, etc...toward the ball. It paid off, too. However, even with that kind of physical play, 9 fumbles just cannot happen if you are going to win that game. I imagine Coach Haywood has addressed this already. Smile

The ONLY other thing that happened in that game that still bothers me is that Belfry seemed terribly fatigued during the 4th quarter. I have never ever seen that before. There were a couple of times that I saw players just go through the motions with no emotion or direction at all. Again, I have NEVER seen that on a Belfry team.

Bottom line is simply this. Belfry will compete in the state title championship game. I'm already planning to be there to watch them! If they get their 4th ring, I won't be surprised in the least.

Great teams make adjustments and learn from their defeats. Belfry is a great team.
Will they?
Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Will they?

:1:
pjdougie is like a staph infection!
Big Don Wrote:pjdougie is like a staph infection!

You need a staff infection to cure what ails ye :yesno::ChairHit:Confusednicker:
Belfry is a great team, but I'm with Dougie, HighViz, and a few others.. I'm from the Mountains, usually 99.9 % of the root for the team representing us... .01 fell in Tenn this past week. The Pirates are beatable, and will come down to earth a lil hopefully now. They aren't world beaters in any form. Hopefully they are hyped up again by week 4 and think they can't be beaten again. Smile
bcpc Wrote:Belfry is a great team, but I'm with Dougie, HighViz, and a few others.. I'm from the Mountains, usually 99.9 % of the root for the team representing us... .01 fell in Tenn this past week. The Pirates are beatable, and will come down to earth a lil hopefully now. They aren't world beaters in any form. Hopefully they are hyped up again by week 4 and think they can't be beaten again. Smile

If Belfry doesn't clean up these fumbles and penalties you might not have to worry about that as being an option. I could see a 7-3 regular season if they play like that some more.

I don't think they beat Cabell Midland or Johnson Central executing like that on Offense.
Next game.
Belfry won't fumble the ball like that the rest of the year. That was just "one of those nights."