Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knoxville Catholic 45 Belfry 20
Final from Knoxville.

Belfry uncharacteristically had a game full of fumbles!!
Way to go Irish!
Last I saw on the update thread it was 35-20. How did Catholic score their last 10 points?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate to see a loss, but I will take a humbling game every year in the regular season, brings players back off cloud 9. Irish is a talented football team and most of those fumbles were caused by the Irish not allowing the Belfry offense to get in a rythm.
pjdoug Wrote:Way to go Irish!

Haters gonna hate...lol
Catholic did a good job of getting hands on the ball the whole game. Alot of those fumbles were forced, but some not. The big one that killed the Pirates was the first drive of the 2nd half. Belfry in the red zone getting big chunks of yardage pounding in up the middle, ready to make it 28-21 and cough it up. Penalties and Fumbles killed the Pirates.
Powerman Wrote:Haters gonna hate...lol

no hate at all. I Love it Smile
Good to see pjdoug is still trolling from his mommy's basement! What will he do when she takes his Jergens lotion and JCPenny catalog?
Disappointing to put it kindly to see the best we have to offer here in Ky go to Knoxville and lay the ball on the ground 8 times and lose 6 of them. This Catholic team is very talented for sure and are the better team. Belfry backs haven't been hit and stripped of the ball like they were tonight in a long time....
pjdoug Wrote:no hate at all. I Love it Smile

Well it to a team from Tennessee to play their best game and Belfry to play one of their worse games in years to do what the Ky teams can't, but on the bright side the series is 1-1.
Have to turn the page... those fumbles... the great plays on the ball and strips you have to tip your hat..but the 4 or 5 unforced fumbles and 2 or 3 of those that were lost is unacceptable. Also the holding call (which was a great call by the way) was completely unecessary that negated the 86 yard TD run by Hunter.

Belfry got a lesson in humility by a great team. On to the next one.
Powerman Wrote:Well it to a team from Tennessee to play their best game and Belfry to play one of their worse games in years to do what the Ky teams can't, but on the bright side the series is 1-1.

To be honest I dont think that was their best game.

They had penalty issues as well... they just overcame them with deep passes anytime they wanted to dial Rodgers number.

From what I saw, even putting the fumbles to the side, KnoxCath was the better team. Just more talented and more explosive, they also neutralized Belfry's DLine and the Pirates got almost no pressure on Cunningham.
Belfry had to have 40+ fumbles
The big WR they had was unstoppable.
Definitely a gamechanger.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The big WR they had was unstoppable.
Definitely a gamechanger.

One of the best High School receivers I have ever seen. Not on Randy Moss' level (the best I ever saw), but he is better than anyone I have ever seen from the STate of KY over the past 10-15 years (Michael Bush doesnt count between he wasnt a true WR). If he were 6'2 I would say he would be a sure fire NFL player.

For those that don't know that is Tee Martin's son.

The big WR/Safety Kuerschen is a stud as well. He doesnt have Power 5 offers but he could play Safety for me any day!
Big Don Wrote:Good to see pjdoug is still trolling from his mommy's basement! What will he do when she takes his Jergens lotion and JCPenny catalog?

sounds like you have a sick fetish.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One of the best High School receivers I have ever seen. Not on Randy Moss' level (the best I ever saw), but he is better than anyone I have ever seen from the STate of KY over the past 10-15 years (Michael Bush doesnt count between he wasnt a true WR). If he were 6'2 I would say he would be a sure fire NFL player.

The big WR/Safety Kuerschen is a stud as well. He doesnt have Power 5 offers but he could play Safety for me any day!

The best receivers by far that Belfry will have to face this season for sure.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:To be honest I dont think that was their best game.

They had penalty issues as well... they just overcame them with deep passes anytime they wanted to dial Rodgers number.

From what I saw, even putting the fumbles to the side, KnoxCath was the better team. Just more talented and more explosive, they also neutralized Belfry's DLine and the Pirates got almost no pressure on Cunningham.
I agree on all of your points, Catholic had 40 yds in penalties on that one drive and then threw a deep ball on 2nd and 33 for a 75 yd td pass. They could have scored more if they had needed to IMO. Besides the offensive line advantage Belfry had, Catholic was more talented everywhere else! Not a good matchup for Belfry, too much speed and quickness and the physicality of Catholic was impressive....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:One of the best High School receivers I have ever seen. Not on Randy Moss' level (the best I ever saw), but he is better than anyone I have ever seen from the STate of KY over the past 10-15 years (Michael Bush doesnt count between he wasnt a true WR). If he were 6'2 I would say he would be a sure fire NFL player.

I did not know that was Tee Martins son.

Where all does he currently have offers from? Im to lazy to look it up.
I said before the game....Turnovers and penalties would be the determining factor...and it was. Belfry had two scores called back via the penalty. Fumbled the ball 9 times, losing 7 of those. Essentially that was the ball game. The Belfry DB's, without Adkins, simply wasn't fast enough to keep up with WR Rogers. BTW....Catholic quarterback, IMO, he's the best QB Belfry's seen in the last 4-6 years. Especially throwing the deep ball. IMO, the game was officiated very fair. Belfry had their chances...but simply laid the ball on the carpet too many times. No excuses. Catholic was better tonight. I do think that 4+hours is simply too long of a drive for a ballgame on the same day. Last year Catholic came to Belfry...and played almost exactly the way Belfry played tonight. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.
Yes I agree.. Catholic was definitely the better team. We play a perfect game, they play a perfect game, I say they still take it by a touchdown or 2. Too many weapons. I don't think Belfry will face team that good the rest of the year though.
I think when playing over 3 hours away, a team is better off making it a Saturday game and driving up the night before.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I did not know that was Tee Martins son.

Clemson (of course hes commmited), Tennessee, USC, Florida State, Duke.. of the ones I can think of off the top of my head

Just checked.. pretty much everyone lol

Alabama
LSU
Cal
Memphis
Texas A&M
Vandy
Wake Forest
South Carolina
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I did not know that was Tee Martins son.

You name it HAHA

Committed to Clemson, was committed to USC

Under Armour All-American.. literally had offers from everyone

The Junior Tackle #68 Mays is already an Army All-American and committed to Tennessee. Rivals has him as the #1 OT in 2018 and the #9 overall prospect in America.

Kuerschen has over 20+ D-1 Offers.

They have two Freshmen Linemen, Mays younger brother and the Tucker kid, who both already have offers from Tennessee and Tucker has an offer from LSU
[quote=mrfootball03]Clemson (of course hes commmited), Tennessee, USC, Florida State, Duke.. of the ones I can think of off the top of my head[/QUOTE Everybody in the country wants that kid no doubt!
The belfry d backs were in place to make a stop on the deep pass but speed kills
When belfry ran there offense without flags and fumbles Knoxville Catholic couldn't stop belfry
I would say Midland will go for the deep pass next week but I don't think they got the athletes to out run the defense this will only make belfry better be safe on trip home

Belfry comes back focused and puts running clock on TongueirateSho Midland TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Playing good competition. It will pay off in november and december
A lot of crow to eat tonight from my East Tennessee friends tonight... all week long I've talked Belfry up ... said this wouldn't happen , told em Belfry would control the line of scrimmage and not turn the ball over and what happens ?? 8 + turnovers?? Was there for the game and it sucks to say this but EKY SUCKS ... gnite
Good game pond creek you guys will bounce back you always do.
Glad I was able to attend. Belfry fans got a little rowdy but for the most part had a lot of class. The refs did an excellent job of letting both teams play physical. In my 40years that's the best HS receiver I have seen and true the Pirates had no answer for him. Now on the flip side and to offer an unbiased opinion being neither a Belfry faithful or a KC-Irish fan I could state the following. The quick strike ability let it get discouraging early for the Pirates along with a couple key fumbles and having those very late flags thrown on the score. I was impressed that the Pirates stuck to there game plan and continued to run the ball and ring up first down after first down. Had the fumbles not have occurred on possession time alone Belfry would have won by a touch or better. Irish did a good job responding to Belfrys smash mouth style but had the Pirates not fumbled it would have been a win because they controlled the clock so well. Two awesome teams and both headed to there own class championships. Both teams got better tonight and benefitted. I cant see any Ky teams in any class beating the Pirates if they do not fumble. Best short yardage team ive ever seen.