Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Class A Rankings 9/19
The top 4 or 5 teams in the state fould beat eachother on any given night. Personally, I think Paintsville and Raceland are deeper and more complete teams at this point in the season, than any other single A teams in the state. Thats why I am confident that one of these teams will got to and then win in BG. Russellville has a crap ton of speed. But if they get shut down in the run game, they havent shown the ability to be diverse offensively. Beechwood is far better than many think, but they are crazy young by their standards and lack "that guy" they usually have. Pikeville and Hazard could easily peak at the right time and make a run. But I think Rville, Paintsville, and Raceland have begun to seperate themselves a bit from the next 2 or 3 teams. I dont see a Holy Cross, Nicholas, Wburg, Fairview, or Bishop Brossart being within 3 TDs of the top 6. Imo, there is a little drop after 3, then MAJOR drop off after 6. Buckle up boys, this will be one of the funnest post seasons to watch, maybe ever. Class A IS DOWN. But its collectively down. So i think you will see some great ball games over the next few months.

I am interested to see how Raceland responds this week when they go across the pond to Portsmouth West.
^^^ It's gonna be ugly....It will be tough for the Rams to get out off there with the W.Just a feeling I've got but I think there is gonna be a lot of yellow hankys on the field.All going against the Rams!!!

No for the Paintsville game:Scotty let me help you out and say what.....for some strange reason you feel you can't say.We will stomp a mud hole in Paintsvilles ass cause we are twice the team they are....Peirod!!! and if anybody wants to bet on it PM me Hehehehe
Lord god there goes the neighborhood, county, and state. RD is officially on board lol. This Raceland team does remind me a bit of the 2013 Wburg team. Good passing attack, depth upfront and at the skill positions, 2 or 3 WR that can beat you at any given time, solid at RB, good return game. Only thing lacking is a good kick off guy. That could eventually be the straw that breaks the camels back. Im not sold on us being any better or worse than Paintsville yet. Too hard to tell with the body of work. Our passing game will keep us in ball games though. Idk if any of us expected Nathaniel to do the things he is doing this year.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:^^^ It's gonna be ugly....It will be tough for the Rams to get out off there with the W.Just a feeling I've got but I think there is gonna be a lot of yellow hankys on the field.All going against the Rams!!!

No for the Paintsville game:Scotty let me help you out and say what.....for some strange reason you feel you can't say.We will stomp a mud hole in Paintsvilles ass cause we are twice the team they are....Peirod!!! and if anybody wants to bet on it PM me Hehehehe

I understand over exaggeration, but man.... Stomp a mud hole lol? Best of luck sir.
Wow I like it when these threads take off and I haven't even commented yet....

To the Harlan not getting in the top 10 is they haven't beat no one to deserve to get in. The loss to bracken just confuses me.

I am also glad Ram Dad is thanking the guys who vote finally after seeing Raceland climb to 3.

Nicholas has an impressive win and could be slated to be higher. But they are knocking on the door to rise...so they need to continue work.

Next week is going to be a good show down in Pikeville between them and Hazard.... A very lot is riding on this game and I hope I can be in attendance to watch it.

Raceland should win this week but some of there poster probably will not be surprised if they lose because the game is across the river...

Paintsville should win as well but Bourbon has played an decent schedule so who knows....

Beechwood has a tough holy cross team they will play and should tell us a little more able ur them. I hear they are also awful small this year unlike most years..

Class A is getting exciting now if you ask me
RAMDAD50 Wrote:^^^ It's gonna be ugly....It will be tough for the Rams to get out off there with the W.Just a feeling I've got but I think there is gonna be a lot of yellow hankys on the field.All going against the Rams!!!

Wow! Feel'n CONFIDENT! That's good!! You Should stand strong behind your team. I would think Something was wrong if you wasn't! Knowing How strong either of these two teams truly are is at best a coin flip until they actually square off in a few weeks, Paintsville is Dang good and more balanced as a TEAM this year than last! The passing game has been elevated for sure and as we know they obtain the biggest running threat in the STATE! With their strong O line and a Defense that's shown tough to run or pass on, there're just more contributors throughout the team this season! Raceland has also shown to be VERY good and their passing game could be second to no one in 1A! Also appears their Defense is no slouch to run against either! I just hate the taste of Crow WAY too much to make a statement as bold as that! Maybe Ramdad likes it, who knows! I figure there are some that have actually gotten used to it over the years! Kind of an acquired taste!
^^^ I've never tasted it
I would have paintsville and Raceland 1 & 2 just to spice the matchup up even a little more. This game will be an absolute war. Just like back in the day!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I would have paintsville and Raceland 1 & 2 just to spice the matchup up even a little more. This game will be an absolute war. Just like back in the day!

I can see myself voting for Raceland at the 2 spot if Beechwood loses to holy cross and it could happen.....West is week Again this year Russellville always seem to win a bunch of games. :why: I want sell by vote " hint hint " :pondering:
1 Paintsvillle @ Bourbon Co
2 Russellville @ Murray
3 Raceland @ Portsmouth West
4 Beechwood @ Holy Cross
5 Pikeville @ South Floyd
6 Hazard @ Jenkins
7 Nicholas Co vs Bishop Brossart
8 KCD @ Adair Co
9 Fairview @ LCA
10 Holy Cross @ Grant Co
Even though Raceland is probably a 14+ point favorite, this could be a statement win for Raceland if they go over into Southeastern OH and come out with a win, but I think that is whats going to happen.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Even though Raceland is probably a 14+ point favorite, this could be a statement win for Raceland if they go over into Southeastern OH and come out with a win, but I think that is whats going to happen.

LOL, come on. Portsmouth West is terrible. Their Calpreps rating doesn't even put them in the top 10 in Class A in Ky. And we know how weak Class A is after the top 6.:ChairHit:
jetpilot Wrote:LOL, come on. Portsmouth West is terrible. Their Calpreps rating doesn't even put them in the top 10 in Class A in Ky. And we know how weak Class A is after the top 6.:ChairHit:

I think Scotty is taking in consideration of the amount of penalties that is going to be called this Friday not against the Rams. I imagine your Pikeville team going to the worst place to play when it comes to the refs Jett.Now times that by 3 Hahahaha.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I think Scotty is taking in consideration of the amount of penalties that is going to be called this Friday not against the Rams. I imagine your Pikeville team going to the worst place to play when it comes to the refs Jett.Now times that by 3 Hahahaha.

I hear you but still Raceland by 28+. Not really going to know much until Raceland/Paintsville pt I.
isn't Pikeville in Lucasville valley this week?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:isn't Pikeville in Lucasville valley this week?
Not until 10/14. Got South Floyd, Hazard & open first.
Well said and IMO... spot on with Paintsville vs. Raceland.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Lord god there goes the neighborhood, county, and state. RD is officially on board lol. This Raceland team does remind me a bit of the 2013 Wburg team. Good passing attack, depth upfront and at the skill positions, 2 or 3 WR that can beat you at any given time, solid at RB, good return game. Only thing lacking is a good kick off guy. That could eventually be the straw that breaks the camels back. Im not sold on us being any better or worse than Paintsville yet. Too hard to tell with the body of work. Our passing game will keep us in ball games though. Idk if any of us expected Nathaniel to do the things he is doing this year.
How can you fault the kickoff kicker? He kicks it to the sideline when directed to. When directed to kick down the middle, the ball consistently goes inside the 15 yard line and at least one, maybe two were fielded inside the 10 yard line against Valley. I give you that the opening kickoff was ran back, but he's got 10 other players who are helping tackle.
What else do you want from the kicker? I haven't seen any that we have played against this year kick any deeper. Paintsville has a standout kicker, but I don't think you're gonna find too many others in high school who are putting it any deeper than Manis is.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:How can you fault the kickoff kicker? He kicks it to the sideline when directed to. When directed to kick down the middle, the ball consistently goes inside the 15 yard line and at least one, maybe two were fielded inside the 10 yard line against Valley. I give you that the opening kickoff was ran back, but he's got 10 other players who are helping tackle.
What else do you want from the kicker? I haven't seen any that we have played against this year kick any deeper. Paintsville has a standout kicker, but I don't think you're gonna find too many others in high school who are putting it any deeper than Manis is.

I think he was referring to Raceland's tendency to kick it out of bounds on the kickoff. I can understand this if you are going against an elite return guy like Quinton Baker but but I doubt we will see any of those this year. It really just doesn't make much sense to give a team free field positioning like that.

I agree that there are 10 other guys out there and with their speed and athleticism they should never give up big returns. Raceland's Achilles this season is their poor special teams play. So far this season I have seen them give up way too many big plays on special teams and if they can't fix it sooner or later someone is going to make them pay for it and it may cost them a game.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I think he was referring to Raceland's tendency to kick it out of bounds on the kickoff. I can understand this if you are going against an elite return guy like Quinton Baker but but I doubt we will see any of those this year. It really just doesn't make much sense to give a team free field positioning like that.

I agree that there are 10 other guys out there and with their speed and athleticism they should never give up big returns. Raceland's Achilles this season is their poor special teams play. So far this season I have seen them give up way too many big plays on special teams and if they can't fix it sooner or later someone is going to make them pay for it and it may cost them a game.
Only thing I'm saying is that the kicker kicks it to where he is directed and that when directed to kick deep, he's getting pretty decent depth.
jetpilot Wrote:LOL, come on. Portsmouth West is terrible. Their Calpreps rating doesn't even put them in the top 10 in Class A in Ky. And we know how weak Class A is after the top 6.:ChairHit:

Make or break week for Pikeville, prep for SF TongueirateSho
TigerBlues Wrote:Make or break week for Pikeville, prep for SF TongueirateSho
I KNOW, right? It isn't as tough as Paintsvilles prep for Frankfort, or Sheldon Clark, but we trying. We trying. Confusednicker:
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:How can you fault the kickoff kicker? He kicks it to the sideline when directed to. When directed to kick down the middle, the ball consistently goes inside the 15 yard line and at least one, maybe two were fielded inside the 10 yard line against Valley. I give you that the opening kickoff was ran back, but he's got 10 other players who are helping tackle.

Kicking the ball to the 15 yard line on a line drive is much different than kicking a football to the 20 or even 30 yard line with loft. It's no one's fault the kids are doing the best they can . But when it comes to kicking off and punting, distance isnt what makes or breaks you, its hang time. On big return plays or returns for TDs, the ball has barely been in the air more than a second or so. So there is not as much time for the cover guys to get in their lanes. Like i said its not the kids fault he is doing all he can. Im just amazed that every year there is no one in a Ram jersey that can kick the ball in the air to the 10 yd line and still give our guys time to get down the field.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Kicking the ball to the 15 yard line on a line drive is much different than kicking a football to the 20 or even 30 yard line with loft. It's no one's fault the kids are doing the best they can . But when it comes to kicking off and punting, distance isnt what makes or breaks you, its hang time. On big return plays or returns for TDs, the ball has barely been in the air more than a second or so. So there is not as much time for the cover guys to get in their lanes. Like i said its not the kids fault he is doing all he can. Im just amazed that every year there is no one in a Ram jersey that can kick the ball in the air to the 10 yd line and still give our guys time to get down the field.

I've spent my adult life helping educate and coach kids and I wouldn't single out a kid (by position, name, or #) on this or any other site unless it was in a positive manner. Saying we need a kickoff kicker is like saying we have everything we need except a QB or CB or LG or RG or LT or RT or RB because the one we have just can't get it done. Even though the players are teenagers, they're still kids and I'm sure that some of them follow these sites and they talk about what is being discussed on here. The only way I would mention an individual player (by name, position, or #) would be if I were saying something positive about them.
I NEVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE KICKER. He has done all he can. He is a hardass worker and a hardass ball player. The original statement was actually refering to our kicking game not being quite as strong as the '13/'14 Williamsburg teams bc i was stating that this team reminds me alot of them. Its not his fault that he doesnt have a division 1 leg. He is a team first player and always has been. I think alot of his brother and family and they are high caliber people. Im simply stating that it suprises me that every year we have the same type of kicker, same leg, same strength, etc. once every 5-10 years we have a true "kicker". Let this be known JARED MANIS is a wonderful young man and a great football player. At this point I AM using the kids name bc it has been infered or misinterpreted that I am making short or his abilities, work ethic, or character. Again, he is doing all he can to help his team, just like he has for the last 10 years. This conversation got away from me somehow. I did not mean to put anyone down if thats how it came across.
My my this thread is getting touchy :popcorn:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I NEVER SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE KICKER. He has done all he can. He is a hardass worker and a hardass ball player. The original statement was actually refering to our kicking game not being quite as strong as the '13/'14 Williamsburg teams bc i was stating that this team reminds me alot of them. Its not his fault that he doesnt have a division 1 leg. He is a team first player and always has been. I think alot of his brother and family and they are high caliber people. Im simply stating that it suprises me that every year we have the same type of kicker, same leg, same strength, etc. once every 5-10 years we have a true "kicker". Let this be known JARED MANIS is a wonderful young man and a great football player. At this point I AM using the kids name bc it has been infered or misinterpreted that I am making short or his abilities, work ethic, or character. Again, he is doing all he can to help his team, just like he has for the last 10 years. This conversation got away from me somehow. I did not mean to put anyone down if thats how it came across.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get under your skin. I've worked with these kids the past few years and they've all kinda grown on me.
I know you and I want the same thing out of all of them and that's their best. They all have a chance to do something special this year. Go Rams.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean to get under your skin. I've worked with these kids the past few years and they've all kinda grown on me.
I know you and I want the same thing out of all of them and that's their best. They all have a chance to do something special this year. Go Rams.

All good boogie. There have been "special" teams over the years but there has always been something a little different about these seniors.
I hate to see fan trying to argue over opinions...
Nothing wrong with a health argument.Aslong as we all kiss and hug when it's over!