Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Class A Rankings 9/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1 Paintsville
2 Russellville
3 Raceland
4 Beechwood
5 Pikeville
6 Hazard
7 Nicholas Co
8 KCD
9 Fairview
10 Holy Cross

What's your thoughts?
Looks correct to me.
I appreciate the time you guys put into this. Keep up the good work.
Looks good
Paintsville vs Raceland is building towards a titanic game.
^^^ yes this
Nicholas co . Maybe should be higher , they had a good win Friday night
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Nicholas co . Maybe should be higher , they had a good win Friday night

They did have a good win and they're having a fine season but IMO they would not defeat 1 - 6.
How about Harlan independent people they should be getting some votes somewhere my goodness that's pretty bad Harlan can't even get into the rankings come on panel members
E's Army Wrote:Paintsville vs Raceland is building towards a titanic game.

Going by everyones body of work through week 5, offensive fore power, tallent/speed, strength and numbers in the trenches, experience and team speed defensively, they are my picks to win the title. I think one of these two will win it all this year.
How is Fairview a top 10 team? They had a close loss against Hazard but since then they really haven't done anything to prove that they should be among the top 10 teams. At the beginning of the season I would have but them in there but injuries have since wrecked their team. Out of the remaining games they have left on their schedule the only one that they will likely win is the last game against Lewis County. Their next three games against LCA, Paintsville, and Raceland are going to be brutal and will likely result in running clocks.
hchs fan Wrote:How about Harlan independent people they should be getting some votes somewhere my goodness that's pretty bad Harlan can't even get into the rankings come on panel members

Well hchs fan I had them at the 11spot until 1A Bracken County beat them a week ago Bracken County 20 Harlan 07 I Lost my money betting on Harlan as of right now both teams are 3-1 :popcorn: district is coming soon.
Orange Blaze Wrote:How is Fairview a top 10 team? They had a close loss against Hazard but since then they really haven't done anything to prove that they should be among the top 10 teams. At the beginning of the season I would have but them in there but injuries have since wrecked their team. Out of the remaining games they have left on their schedule the only one that they will likely win is the last game against Lewis County. Their next three games against LCA, Paintsville, and Raceland are going to be brutal and will likely result in running clocks.

My thinking it is Fairview schedule this could be the last week I will be able to vote for Fairview in my top ten. :truestory:
Fairview is supposed to get 1 or 2 starters back this week. So i gave them the benefit of the doubt. If they get blown out by LCA (likely), with a running coock early, then they will drop out of the top ten and Harlan will replace them, imo. Atleast thats what should happen.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I appreciate the time you guys put into this. Keep up the good work.

I will not be bought for my vote.....I have turn down hundreds of dollars to vote trump. Confusednicker:
In the end, it's gonna be Paintsville versus Russellville or Beechwood. Unless Zpaintsville has a key injury or two.
mysonis55 Wrote:In the end, it's gonna be Paintsville versus Russellville or Beechwood. Unless Zpaintsville has a key injury or two.

Playing Raceland at home will be tough, but I'm Still giving that matchup to the Tigers by 14. Haven't seen any film on Russellville though.
swampdonkey Wrote:Playing Raceland at home will be tough, but I'm Still giving that matchup to the Tigers by 14. Haven't seen any film on Russellville though.

Wow tigers by 14 .. Are you a gambimibg man
Please.... somebody put down some money on the Raceland Paintsville game.
As big as the Paintsville/Raceland game is shaping up to be we have to remember this game will likely be the first of two games between the two. There is a pretty good probability that they will be the teams in the regional championship game. This game is important because it will not only likely decide the district champion but it will also determine who plays at home if they meet again in the playoffs which IMO is what will really make this so game important. With that said, there is still a lot of football to be played and anything can happen on any given Friday. All both schools can do is keep plugging away one game at a time and continue doing what they have done up to this point.
I'm in
Orange Blaze Wrote:As big as the Paintsville/Raceland game is shaping up to be we have to remember this game will likely be the first of two games between the two. There is a pretty good probability that they will be the teams in the regional championship game. This game is important because it will not only likely decide the district champion but it will also determine who plays at home if they meet again in the playoffs which IMO is what will really make this so game important. With that said, there is still a lot of football to be played and anything can happen on any given Friday. All both schools can do is keep plugging away one game at a time and continue doing what they have done up to this point.

After last years lost to Paintsville in the playoffs I've stressed that very point to my son, if Raceland took care of business in the regular season they would've been playing at Paintsville and that ridiculous offensive pass interference call wouldn't happened but they didn't and had to travel to paintsvile nobody's fault but their own I don't see that happening this year
I'VE said it all year long. we wont know how good either one of these teams are until they play each other. Neither team has a win that they can hang there hat on.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I'VE said it all year long. we wont know how good either one of these teams are until they play each other. Neither team has a win that they can hang there hat on.

I would give Paintsville an edge there simply because the beat the defending state champion Pikeville. Other than that I agree that neither team has really played a tough schedule.
I disagree . Ashalnd win is looking better and better especially winning at Ashland , Geeenup is a solid team . Two good wins for the Rams , Paintsvlle win at Pikeville was a good win
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I disagree . Ashalnd win is looking better and better especially winning at Ashland , Geeenup is a solid team . Two good wins for the Rams , Paintsvlle win at Pikeville was a good win

The Ashland win is looking better as Ashland has won a couple of big games since then but I still think that is the worst Ashland team that I am seen in the past 10 years. I do agree that a win at Ashland is always tough though. Greenup is a solid team but I don't know if they are a team that you could consider to be a signature win against. Regardless of how the schedule has looked none of that will really matter when the Tigers travel on 23 North.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I disagree . Ashalnd win is looking better and better especially winning at Ashland , Geeenup is a solid team . Two good wins for the Rams , Paintsvlle win at Pikeville was a good win

Giv it two more weeks....or three to see what Assland and the Muskaturds do.I believe they are both one lose away from packing it in.I hope they both keep winning but we shall see
Plain and simple, unless injured, Paintsville is the east rep.
mysonis55 Wrote:Plain and simple, unless injured, Paintsville is the east rep.

Are u a betting man
mysonis55 Wrote:Plain and simple, unless injured, Paintsville is the east rep.

If you don't mind my asking, why do you believe that is so. I agree that Paintsville has a really good team this year and they have a good shot at going all the way but I don't think they are way ahead of the other top teams in the east. If I recall last year people said Paintsville was unstoppable but they didn't win a title.
Pages: 1 2 3