Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT!! All County Team
how did a belfry player get mvp a player from the winning team should get it
CG#20 Wrote:how did a belfry player get mvp a player from the winning team should get it

I agree
Taylor ratliff was the leading scorer throughout the whole tournament.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:Win or lose, he was the mvp and the right choice for it. There isn't another player in the county who could touch him.

i kno but he most not have done enough 2 get his team the win.....so someone from pikeville should have got it
Is that a rule?? Have seen that happen before...he was the best player...accordiung to the committee that voted for him..
Its not a rule but last year Virgies Tyler Newsome got it due 2 playin a good game in the first round and the champion he couldnt hardly do nothin against pikeville....they vote for eveything at the end of the first game when the higher seeded teams get a lower seed team to run the score up on to make them look good but i think they choose the mvp after the championship which it should go to the winning teams best player
I really respect the decision! It should go to the best player in the tour; Which he was hands down!
rainout Wrote:I really respect the decision! It should go to the best player in the tour; Which he was hands down!

I agree. He deserved MVP!! Just because he didn't have a win against Pikeville, you can't take away his talent! It seems most think he is the all around best in Pike Co.
He was the best and there isn't another player on Pikevilles or any other team that can touch em......hes that good!
Can't touch this!! Wrote:OMG, have you not seen the child play? It shouldn't matter if he was on the losing team or not. The point is he was the better player and deserved to be the MVP!!

Yeah ive seen him play...
hes fast and hes a slasher, and he also carries the ball when he dribbles and its bad...
the McCoy kid from pikeville makes passes HS guards couldnt make, and he LED his team to a 20 point win over the MVP's team... and as Panther- said ratliff was the best scorer/probably rebounder in the tourny
either of those 2 should've got MVP
the belfry kid should have got all tourny and nothing more
McCoy will be a nice high school player....but Hairston has a chance to be special...understands the game...and can fly....going to be a GREAT defender as well as somone who can break peoples ankles off the dribble....if I could draft any kid in the 8th grade to start a team I would take Hairston.
i totally agree that hairston won the MVP hands down i saw taylor try to guard hairston he couldnt do anything against none of the could p-villes #25 got beat everytime off the dribble...now only if hairston could make those pull up jumpers
if he would have made half the layups he missed the outcome would have been different, yea he's quick but his shooting didn't impress me
SportsKrazee Wrote:How can they give the MVP to the losing team? Didnt they lose by 20 as well?
Doesnt sound like a very good selection IMO
umm, it was given to the MVP, most valuble player. Not the mvp on the winning team. Jordan deserved this award, he puts a lot into his ball playing. us at belfry are extremely proud.GO JORDAN!
mcharles3 Wrote:if he would have made half the layups he missed the outcome would have been different, yea he's quick but his shooting didn't impress me

His shooting? Hey give the guy credit he is slick as can be when stealing the ball and pressing down the court. Give credit where credit is due:1:
belfry_varstycheer Wrote:umm, it was given to the MVP, most valuble player. Not the mvp on the winning team. Jordan deserved this award, he puts a lot into his ball playing. us at belfry are extremely proud.GO JORDAN!
how was he the MVP he had like 30 points the whole tourney and he only had six the last game?
BlueChipper Wrote:His shooting? Hey give the guy credit he is slick as can be when stealing the ball and pressing down the court. Give credit where credit is due:1:

I think credit was being given, the main idea here is that his shooting seemed to be alittle less than desirable. I agree that the shooting was a little off, but no one is perfect everday of the week, everyone has a bad game.
The kid plays with heart, he shows a true love and talent for the game. He possess a raw talent many players could only wish for.
:notworthy
Here is a little info that I just found out last night.... BELIEVE me... had I known earlier I would have "spouted" off at the mouth more than what I'm gonna do here.... I want your opinons on this one....

Our coach calls a kid from our team and tells him.... "Hey... you made the all-tourney team. They called me and you need to be at Elkhorn tonight for the championship game to receive your trophy. If you need a way, I'll take you".... Well, needless to say the kid's parents take him to the game but for what?? NOTHING!!!! He did not get his trophy and was not recognized as a member of the all-tourney team! Personally, I think they should have been better organized with their "calling" tactics and if the kid hadn't made the team.... they should NOT have called and told the coach he did. I don't knock any child for this honor... BUT.... there are a couple that made the team that are not the same calibar player this child is. NOT saying he is the next Iverson or anything like that but this kid got his feelings hurt.... ADULTS did this to him.... NOT other kids!!! PITFUL!!!! I know if it were my child (which, btw it isn't) I would have raised 7 kinds of hell!!!!!!! NOT for a trophy.... but for the hurt this child endured!!! I feel that this was wrong and someone should be held accountable!!! Sorry for the venting but I just had to get that out!!! Smile
man that is pretty low.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:man that is pretty low.

I agree 100%..... I feel as if someone owes this child an apology AND a trophy..... after all he WAS told he made the All-tourney team.... Pretty sad situtation!!!
Absolutely #10
Keene stoped him and almost shut him down in that game he didnt score 14 points and Belfry lost by 20