Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Conservatives" who are dead to me:
Pick6 Wrote:Low taxation.
States rights.
Limited regulation.

Again, George Wallace stood in the door in Tuscaloosa touting "state's rights." When it comes to justice and essential liberty, "state's rights" is overcrowed.

When silver and gold are more precious than flesh and blood, more valued than clean air and water, somebody better have enough authority to check greed and corporate irresponsibility.
WideRight05 Wrote:Trump supporters....

The reason we have directions on shampoo bottles. :hilarious:

Clinton Supporters......

The reason we have ISIS!
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Again, George Wallace stood in the door in Tuscaloosa touting "state's rights." When it comes to justice and essential liberty, "state's rights" is overcrowed.

When silver and gold are more precious than flesh and blood, more valued than clean air and water, somebody better have enough authority to check greed and corporate irresponsibility.

I checked greed in the dictionary and it had Billary's picture there.
And corporate irresponsiblilty is a term most used by people who never signed a paycheck.
Pick6 Wrote:Clinton Supporters......

The reason we have ISIS!

Nice response to the amateur troll!Confusednicker:
Pick6 Wrote:Clinton Supporters......

The reason we have ISIS!

You voted Trump in the primary, so yes, you could consider yourself a Clinton supporter because you helped her get elected!

In fact, I bet you supported Clinton recently considering not too long ago you were on here defending liberal politicians.
jetpilot Wrote:Nice response to the amateur troll!Confusednicker:

That was weak. I know you all have to pat each other on the back a few times though so you feel good about yourselves. Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:I checked greed in the dictionary and it had Billary's picture there.
And corporate irresponsiblilty is a term most used by people who never signed a paycheck.

I think it is convenient to believe the "never signed a paycheck" line. Of course, greed is a condition of human nature and exempts no one based on skin color or political affiliation. Without exception, from India to China to the United States, absence of a strong regulatory presence leads to a kind of pollution that lowers quality of life drastically and damages the environment.

Why do private prisons and CAFO's usually choose economically troubled areas to locate?
jetpilot Wrote:I checked greed in the dictionary and it had Billary's picture there.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that the desire to have a business and make a living, or make a lot of money is somehow a problem. It is vital. However, left to its own devices, the desire for "more money, more power, more money, more power" certainly does not have a virtuous history.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:To be clear, I am not suggesting that the desire to have a business and make a living, or make a lot of money is somehow a problem. It is vital. However, left to its own devices, the desire for "more money, more power, more money, more power" certainly does not have a virtuous history.

Capitalism has raised the standard of living throughout the world 100000000x more than anything, ever. Everything can be improved but politicians are a much bigger threat to the world than capitalism ever will be.
WideRight05 Wrote:That was weak. I know you all have to pat each other on the back a few times though so you feel good about yourselves. Confusednicker:

You contribute nothing, you're not funny, and you have a fixation on phallic-shaped objects. It's a very bad combination.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think it is convenient to believe the "never signed a paycheck" line. Of course, greed is a condition of human nature and exempts no one based on skin color or political affiliation. Without exception, from India to China to the United States, absence of a strong regulatory presence leads to a kind of pollution that lowers quality of life drastically and damages the environment.

Why do private prisons and CAFO's usually choose economically troubled areas to locate?

So do all the people who never signed a paycheck.
jetpilot Wrote:You contribute nothing, you're not funny, and you have a fixation on phallic-shaped objects. It's a very bad combination.

Might want to go lean on pick to calm yourself down. Confusednicker:

[Image: http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/face...YouMad.jpg]
jetpilot Wrote:So do all the people who never signed a paycheck.

Harry Caudill argued that eastern Kentucky needed a Kentucky Mountain Authority, much like the TVA. Any fly over the coal region of the mountains supports that.

Job creaters are absolutely vital, but so too are clean air and water and fair and safe labor practices. It can't be an either/or approach.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Harry Caudill argued that eastern Kentucky needed a Kentucky Mountain Authority, much like the TVA. Any fly over the coal region of the mountains supports that.

Job creaters are absolutely vital, but so too are clean air and water and fair and safe labor practices. It can't be an either/or approach.

Caudill argued that about 40+ years ago. The absolute failure of Washington and Frankfort to do anything much at all to help E KY has nothing to do with not setting up yet another "authority." Didn't they declare war on poverty long long ago lol? All politicians have done is pump free stuff in here to buy votes and get re-elected.

Also, air and water in E KY is MUCH cleaner than 20 or 30 years ago. And the workplace is safer than ever, to the point that workplace safety isn't even one of the top 50 problems this country faces today...
jetpilot Wrote:Caudill argued that about 40+ years ago. The absolute failure of Washington and Frankfort to do anything much at all to help E KY has nothing to do with not setting up yet another "authority." Didn't they declare war on poverty long long ago lol? All politicians have done is pump free stuff in here to buy votes and get re-elected.

Also, air and water in E KY is MUCH cleaner than 20 or 30 years ago. And the workplace is safer than ever, to the point that workplace safety isn't even one of the top 50 problems this country faces today...

I think Caudill was right about a Kentucky Mountain Authority. The skillful management of resources is, in my view, not connected to generational cycles of poverty exacerbated by "something for nothing" welfare programs.

Clean Water Act. Nixon Administration. I agree with your assessment of the last 30 years.
jetpilot Wrote:Caudill argued that about 40+ years ago. The absolute failure of Washington and Frankfort to do anything much at all to help E KY has nothing to do with not setting up yet another "authority." Didn't they declare war on poverty long long ago lol? All politicians have done is pump free stuff in here to buy votes and get re-elected.

The effort to clean up emissions hit high gear under the Reagan Administration, it was a cause first championed by Republicans. After much had already been accomplished to limited pollutants, Democrats jerked environmental issues out of Republican hands, embellishing their role and contributions to that end. In fact, OSHA wasn't even founded until the 70's, along with the EPA under the Nixon Administration's hand. And both were then expanded during the Reagan Era. Only after lying Bill came, could Dems begin to make unreasonable claims about their part in cleaning up the environment.

But to hear the Dems go on and on about the environment today, you'd never know that. It was the Republicans who first championed civil rights, and it has been the Dems who took underserved credit for that too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, so now you admit to being an environmentalist union Democrat!

[Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236...c0f825.jpg]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Again, George Wallace stood in the door in Tuscaloosa touting "state's rights." When it comes to justice and essential liberty, "state's rights" is overcrowed.

I really don't believe when someone says "limited regulation" they are condoning choking us to death with smoke or turning water into swill. Personally, I view taxation as a regulation. Couple a mind spinning tax code with hundreds and hundreds of new regulations yearly, how can we expect manufacturing to expand here? There's got to be ways of getting our people back to work and it's quite evident taxing and regulating is not the way, right? This is 2016, give the private sector some freedom back and they will figure ways to improve carbon emissions/pollution in fantastic ways on their own. IMO an insentive from government to those that innovate makes more sense than another reg. Could part of the problem be government imposing regulations/penalties that can't feasibly obtained?

I agree that it's not an either/or situation but something's got to give. "Some" pollution for a whole lot of new working taxpayers might not be a bad deal. God's earth is resilliant, as are we. It is time for a reset of some sort to get us back to manufacturing.

Uncuff the private sector for a while and watch them do great things here. I might be the most gullible guy in the world but I just don't think there's many makers and shakers out there looking to pollute their back yard.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I really don't believe when someone says "limited regulation" they are condoning choking us to death with smoke or turning water into swill. Personally, I view taxation as a regulation. Couple a mind spinning tax code with hundreds and hundreds of new regulations yearly, how can we expect manufacturing to expand here? There's got to be ways of getting our people back to work and it's quite evident taxing and regulating is not the way, right? This is 2016, give the private sector some freedom back and they will figure ways to improve carbon emissions/pollution in fantastic ways on their own. IMO an insentive from government to those that innovate makes more sense than another reg. Could part of the problem be government imposing regulations/penalties that can't feasibly obtained?

I agree that it's not an either/or situation but something's got to give. "Some" pollution for a whole lot of new working taxpayers might not be a bad deal. God's earth is resilliant, as are we. It is time for a reset of some sort to get us back to manufacturing.

Uncuff the private sector for a while and watch them do great things here. I might be the most gullible guy in the world but I just don't think there's many makers and shakers out there looking to pollute their back yard.

I agree with much of what you say here, good points in my view. I do think it worth remembering that, for instance, the "movers and shakers" of Tyson do not live close to the CAFO, nor do the "movers and shakers" of CCA live near the prison. It is clear that many posters here deeply distrust the government. In my view, a healthy skepticism and watchful eye also need be cast upon "movers and shakers," especially, and probably particularly, the ones that know Presidents and policy makers on a first name basis.