3. Owensboro Catholic
4. Newport Central Catholic
5. Danville
6. Christian Academy-Louisville
7. Lexington Christian
8. Walton-Verona
9. Glasgow
10. Murray
Gonna have to throw Somerset back in the mix this year. They had a great off season, defensively they return 8 on each side of the ball with a lot of playmakers. The line improvement is where I see them really flourishing going into the season, should be a fun year in 2a!
[quote=EKUAlum05]Butler County is the X Factor... Rex Henderson alone makes them a Top 12 team but can he get some help?[/QUOTEscheduler

Butler County plays such a light schedule, they are hard to read.
I will get a look at Butler County today at a 7 on 7 at Bowling Green High school.
Saw Butler Co. at the UK 7 on 7 this weekend. They looked good. I only caught their tournament games and did not see any of the 1st 3 pool play games. They beat Franklin Co. but lost to LCA. Not sure if it's his true number but they had a #5 that was making all their plays. Great route runner!
Butler Co would be top tier if they had some real good recievers and a defense. They went right down the field several times on us last year. They just could not cash in when it counted. Their defense couldn't stop the Cards all night.
Most everybody has Danville 5 or lower, I would have them at 3rd. I think people are discounting last year. Clay Clevenger has created a new culture for the ADS, He has gotten the attitude and work ethic back to the level of the Glory Days. Danville's Quaterback is experienced and deadly accurate. The West can beat up on each other while the Ads make there way back to the East Semi-Final, which would be played at Admiral Stadium this year.
ThinThirty Wrote:Most everybody has Danville 5 or lower, I would have them at 3rd. I think people are discounting last year. Clay Clevenger has created a new culture for the ADS, He has gotten the attitude and work ethic back to the level of the Glory Days. Danville's Quaterback is experienced and deadly accurate. The West can beat up on each other while the Ads make there way back to the East Semi-Final, which would be played at Admiral Stadium this year.

So.............You would rank them over either CAL or DeSales. Sorry. I can't buy what your selling.
ColtPride Wrote:So.............You would rank them over either CAL or DeSales. Sorry. I can't buy what your selling.

When a Danville guy says they have a good team, you better listen. Danville is one of the elite programs in the state. Their pedigree is much better than a Cal or DeSales.
No one can discount a 10 time state champion, Danville. But, I feel they lost too much to justify my putting them any higher than the three west teams for sure. I also think NCC has a slight edge over the Ads due to what they return. Their qb is pretty good.
You guys better be thinking about LCA in the east instead of Danville. Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
I figure LCA will be the second best in the east to NCC. Danville lost too much.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:When a Danville guy says they have a good team, you better listen. Danville is one of the elite programs in the state. Their pedigree is much better than a Cal or DeSales.

Well lets see. CAL is pretty much a new program. So Danville's pedigree should be better. But over the last 10 years. I'd take CAL. As far as DeSales is concerned, We played with the big boys for most of our history. Danville sure wouldn't have been winning state titles in 4A. However we are in the "Now" at the moment. They had a good year last year. I still see them being a "dog" to NCC again this year.
Seems like I heard that same, big boys talk last year prior to Thanksgiving. Don't underestimate the Ads Colt. I remember back a few years ago it was a toss up between them and the big school Boyle Co when they were winning all those titles. He is correct, Danville people know football. I just don't think they have caught up to where they were yet.
When I say big boy football i'm referring to having to play your Trinity's and SX's and Males of the world. Big big difference than Boyle Co. I know all about Danville football. I know their history. I just think in the East, that's NCC's turf now.
mysonis55 Wrote:I figure LCA will be the second best in the east to NCC. Danville lost too much.

Danville lost to much? You forget what you said in the 1a thread? You was kissing danville butt over there.
I wasn't kissing anyone's rear. I do feel that Danville has lost too much to win the east this year. I however will not count them out because they are Danville. I have said many times, I expect NCC to win the east over LCA.
ColtPride Wrote:So.............You would rank them over either CAL or DeSales. Sorry. I can't buy what your selling.

You guys didn't buy what I was selling last year on another message board either. I told you Mayfield would beat you and they did, no body from the West except Mayfield understands Danville football. When I said Clay Clevenger has changed the culture back to the Glory Days I meant it. In the Glory Days Danville didn't rebuild they reloaded. Danville did graduate some good players, but they also return a great core group with the addition of some very Large sophomores. OH, and last year if Danville had won the East, and DeSales the West, The ADS would have been 2A champs.

mysonis55 Wrote:I figure LCA will be the second best in the east to NCC. Danville lost too much.

Lest you forget, Danville dominated LCA last year with running clocks, Danville hasn't lost that much, and they also have some excellent size, speed, coming back as sophomores. Throw in the great group of juniors from last year and they will be hard to deal with. There are about 4 of the 16 seniors they lost that will be challenging to replace but I think they are up to the challenge.
ColtPride Wrote:Well lets see. CAL is pretty much a new program. So Danville's pedigree should be better. But over the last 10 years. I'd take CAL. As far as DeSales is concerned, We played with the big boys for most of our history. Danville sure wouldn't have been winning state titles in 4A. However we are in the "Now" at the moment. They had a good year last year. I still see them being a "dog" to NCC again this year.

The State Championships I saw from '84,'87,'89,'91,'92,'94, 2000,2001,2003, the 84 and 94 teams could have been 4a champs,and the others would have competed well. Danville didn't shy away from the larger schools. In those years they would have dominated DeSales. Oh, and check Danville's record against Highlands and Mayfield its pretty good:biggrin:
ThinThirty Wrote:You guys didn't buy what I was selling last year on another message board either. I told you Mayfield would beat you and they did, no body from the West except Mayfield understands Danville football. When I said Clay Clevenger has changed the culture back to the Glory Days I meant it. In the Glory Days Danville didn't rebuild they reloaded. Danville did graduate some good players, but they also return a great core group with the addition of some very Large sophomores. OH, and last year if Danville had won the East, and DeSales the West, The ADS would have been 2A champs.

Well.. We'll never know. Neither of us made it. But I don't think for a second that the ads, would have beaten the Colts last year. Just like I don't think the ads would beat the Colts this year. But i sure hope we get to find out!
I hope you 2 don't get that opportunity. I hope that Mayfield gets sweet revenge on the Eagles from LCA this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope you 2 don't get that opportunity. I hope that Mayfield gets sweet revenge on the Eagles from LCA this year.

Speaking of sweet revenge. That's a dessert we'd love to taste the day after Thanksgiving.
For me I want to extract revenge on LCA but what I really want in my heart is to see the Ads and Cards battle it out for a title. These 2 teams are what I consider to be KY HS Blue bloods. Both have been winning titles before most here were born and both sit high up the all time wins list.
ColtPride Wrote:Speaking of sweet revenge. That's a dessert we'd love to taste the day after Thanksgiving.

You might get that chance but it should take a great team to stop the Cards this year. I like our chances this year but I will be the first to sy that you can never say never on Friday nights
I don't like the Danville idea. The ball always seems to bounce their way.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope you 2 don't get that opportunity. I hope that Mayfield gets sweet revenge on the Eagles from LCA this year.

MayfieldCardinal Wrote:You might get that chance but it should take a great team to stop the Cards this year. I like our chances this year but I will be the first to sy that you can never say never on Friday nights

I really think, that we'll have a great home field advantage. Teams that have played us the last several years know how well we travel. Now finally having a real home, it's going to be crazy there.
Go talk anywhere in the state about high school football and the great programs.... Danville will be mentioned.
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Go talk anywhere in the state about high school football and the great programs.... Danville will be mentioned.

No one is saying anything negative about them. You don't like it that most people feel they arent as good as the top 3 in the West.
Colt, ask Beechwood how that great home field advantage thing works. We traveled there in 10,12 & 14. Each time we won by 2 scores or more. It's also on the road that we beat Danville the only time we beat them. Both of those were more of a home field advantage. That being because we had to travel 5 hours one way to either of them. OC said the same thing right after we beat them. I can't wait for them trips.