Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Top 10 2A
ColtPride Wrote:Well.. We'll never know. Neither of us made it. But I don't think for a second that the ads, would have beaten the Colts last year. Just like I don't think the ads would beat the Colts this year. But i sure hope we get to find out!
I know the colts won't make it, Mayfield will dominate again, but I would LOVE to play the colts, I think you guys are just a flash in the pan, especially since Mayfield came to 2A. You guys are a legend in your own minds.Confusednicker:
ColtPride Wrote:No one is saying anything negative about them. You don't like it that most people feel they arent as good as the top 3 in the West.

Wrong... I know very little about Danville this season BUT when a long time supporter says they look good....I listen...When they are down or not as good as the past, they will tell you.
I don't believe in home field advantage, IN MOST CASES.
Regardless who comes out on top in AA this year, it should be a lot of fun.. If all these teams are even 1/2 as good as advertised, the competition's going to be stout and the winner will have certainly had to earn it..

Mayfield - 4 consecutive titles and 7 straight appearances with a killer D returning along with a stud RB, a QB with 30 starts under his belt and a more experienced OL, this team is primed for another deep run.

Desales - The deepest team in AA by far and 2 sub states and 2 titles in the last 4 years with a new stadium and a lot of buzz and excitement surrounding the program right now. A few questions need to be answered, but, with 100 kids roaming the sidelines, I'm sure they'll find those answered with adequate talent.

CAL - A program that's gotten better and better the last few years and are returning more this year than in prior years. CAL folks feel this may be there best team yet as they have less question marks coming in than any other team.

OB Catholic - A team that reloads every year and have established themselves as a true blue blood in AA football. Will always be a tough out. Despite losing the best QB in 2a last year, it hasn't seemed to matter who takes the helm, they always put up huge numbers.

Throw in Glasgow, who returns the farm from last year and has a legit D1 prospect at RB, Butler Co, who returns there all everything QB and a nice nucleus surrounding him and Murray, who's always big, strong, athletic and especially tough on D and you have a heck of a gauntlet to make it to Bowling Green and that's just from the west side of the state.

From the east:

NCC - This team always shows up big in the playoffs and while they lose a couple of stud defenders and a star RB, they still have talent roaming the sidelines and a really solid QB, who has the ability to play on Saturdays with great size and arm strength. Until someone actually beats them from the east, you have to put them at the top of the heap.

LCA - A team that appears to be getting back on track after a solid 15 season and returns the majority off that team. This team was a force in the early 00's and success breeds success. Look for them to continue their rise in 2016,

Danville - A blue blood program that has gotten a coach who has the fans dreaming of the glory days and righting the ship after a few raw years. Make no mistake, they have talent roaming the sidelines and will be a tough, tough out for any 2a team they'll face.

Leslie Co - Only lost 1 player from a 10 win team and are primed to make a solid run in 2016.

Throw in a rejuvenated Somerset team returning a good mix of skill kids and linemen, a Lloyd team that lost a couple of key cogs, but, still returns a ton off a team that dresses as many as any other 2a team, not named Desales and a Cov H.Cross team that have there fans talking up this years version that hasn't been heard since there title run a few years back and you have the makings of a much better and deeper east side of the bracket..

I'm not sure I can remember any other season in recent years where you have this many 2a teams being this good at the same time.. Should make for some interesting games thru out the season and into the playoffs..
ColtPride Wrote:No one is saying anything negative about them. You don't like it that most people feel they arent as good as the top 3 in the West.

Danville could beat any team in 2A on any given day. You are underestimating them.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Danville lost to much? You forget what you said in the 1a thread? You was kissing danville butt over there.

^ Confusednicker:
ThinThirty Wrote:I know the colts won't make it, Mayfield will dominate again, but I would LOVE to play the colts, I think you guys are just a flash in the pan, especially since Mayfield came to 2A. You guys are a legend in your own minds.Confusednicker:

I didn't realize we got dominated last year. Don't get me wrong. It hurt losing to Mayfield last year. But the better team won that night. I was proud of the way our kids handled the defeat. We win graciously, and we lose the same way.

If you think what DeSales is building is a flash in the pan, I think that's the stupidest comment I have ever seen here on this board.

Again. I really hope we get a chance to play.
Relax Colt. I heard all this same crap throughout the 12 season after we lost to Hazard. How many teams would love to have been where you all were. Don't sweat it. No one can win every year. I promise you, those of us who follow football have respect for what the Colts have achieved.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Leslie Co - Only lost 1 player from a 10 win team and are primed to make a solid run in 2016.

Not sure about this..

They lost DL/OL Blake Asher, QB Kevin Whitaker, and RB Collett

They do have a lot of Juniors back but those are three HUGE losses
ColtPride Wrote:Well.. We'll never know. Neither of us made it. But I don't think for a second that the ads, would have beaten the Colts last year. Just like I don't think the ads would beat the Colts this year. But i sure hope we get to find out!

ColtPride Wrote:I didn't realize we got dominated last year. Don't get me wrong. It hurt losing to Mayfield last year. But the better team won that night. I was proud of the way our kids handled the defeat. We win graciously, and we lose the same way.

If you think what DeSales is building is a flash in the pan, I think that's the stupidest comment I have ever seen here on this board.

Again. I really hope we get a chance to play.
Sometimes my competitive instincts flair, My comments stem from what I have seen last year and this year from the DeSales faithful, and that is a total lack of respect for Danville football, and to a large extent Mayfield football until you played them last year. You have had recent success and done well, your program has elevated to the top of Class 2A, But when I see the comments that seem from my perspective looking down your nose at teams like Danville and Mayfield, I will respond. Some of the comments I saw made from last year on various message boards were some of the stupidest I have seen. Your team may win and loose graciously, but some of your fans are far from humble, and when I see those I will respond and show Loyalty to a program I grew up watching, playing for and supporting til this day. At this point Danville is not back to where they used to be, YET. But I have seen the attitude and work ethic restored by Coach Clay Clevenger that elevated them in the past. Danville is a small school with small numbers but have won State Championships with player numbers as small as 24, 1984 Class 3A State Champions. I know Desales has an excellent program and congratulations, but those comments I was talking about earlier really frustrate me. Good luck this season, maybe we will meet, If we do maybe then Danville will gain some respect from the DeSales faithful. I think we gained some respect from Northern Kentucky last year.:Thumbs:
I can understand that. I remember some of the "welcome to playing with the big boys" and "trailer park trash" statements that were being made prior to Thanksgiving. As a matter of fact it started right after we won the 14 state championship. The comments were that we couldn't play with ing 2 touchdowns of the Colts. But, I think most of those people have quit posting since Thanksgiving.
NewCath has 3 basketball players on the roster now and Caleb Jefferson another really good basketball playetr. They should help this team out a bunch.
Do they know better than to take a charging call in football?
mysonis55 Wrote:Do they know better than to take a charging call in football?

Hall, Pangallo, and Moeves are great athletes.
People are putting Cov Cath. Aren't they the same class as Highlands?
I know its not preseason anymore, but look out for Lloyd and Holy Cross. Both had good first games. NCC will be challenged in district play by both of these teams.
It'll be interesting to see how the polls shake out this week. Here's some questions to ponder after week 0 games in 2a:

1) How will the blowout loss to Simon Kenton affect CALs ranking?

2) How much impact will NCCs big win over Scott have?

3) Does LCAs narrow victory over an unranked 1a team hurt them or is a win a win considering the weekend weather conditions?

4) Will OC Catholics blowout loss to one of Indiana's powerhouses knock them out of the rankings or will they get the benefit of the doubt considering the opponent?

5) Which NKy team, Lloyd or H.Cross, was the most impressive and look to have the better squad?
I love how Glasgow is flying a little under the radar. Got a good looking transfer at rb and look very strong I think there going to be a suprise come playoff time.