Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 football season
If it's the same Allen county (James bazzell) they are d2
bandit57 Wrote:Where is Allen and what Div. Will they play in?

Allen Elementary is just outside of Prestonsburg...its a feeder to Prestonsburg High. They are a K-8 School and will be a D3 team.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I agree, that's how I grew up. But with a district as large as ours you have to get kids options or you run risk of being sued for not letting a kid in a certain school that's better.

I was just stating that you can't use the high school class rank for football and make it work with the middle school.

So you can go out and pull a kid from Moore to attend Westport and it not be an issue because they may sue? I always thought that was huge a disadvantage to everyone else in the state. A lot of the reason hold backs in other areas exist today in my personal opinion. You don't see that as much in Louisville I would bet.
Footballmom1985 Wrote:To The ones that keep complaining about New Harlanwhy don't you go to whom ever is in charge and complain instead of getting on here and saying every year we are in the wrong division. Or better yet come to Harlan and talk to the superintendent so you will get the facts straight from the horses mouth. I am so sick of hearing it every year we play were they put us.

I'm not really sure why all the complaints anyway. To my knowledge, New Harlan has never won anything in D1, D2, or D3. Did I miss a championship somewhere in there? I'm not as familiar with D2 or D3.
Wildcat what I was talking about when I said sued was in relation to making students go to a certain school like they do out in the counties. The students in JCPS are given a "home" school and are allowed to apply to a program offered at a certain school.

But yes, I can and have players on my team that lived in another schools "reside" location but applied and were accepted in a program only offered at my school. It works the same at the high schools too.

But i don't feel it connects to the hold back rule. In JCPS your given 3 years in middle (6-8th grade) to play 3 years of sports (you fail/holdback you lose that year and can't play again until your on your original grade level or until you become a freshman. High school you have 4 years to play 4 years, no repeats/holdback playing.
Belfry may be in D3 with the enrollment numbers down.
I think divisions only change every 2 years so they should still be in d2.
Since all the talk is about New Harlan what do they have coming back?
I hear they have 7 starters coming back.
Are they mostly linemen or the backs?
Adams in Division 3 will be a competitive team, they are returning a several starts.
Who are some of the top players in the state ?
Eagle42 Wrote:Adams in Division 3 will be a competitive team, they are returning a several starts.

We will be good if everyone stays and doesn't transfer and if there wasn't so many dads coaching. Should be called Daddys blackcats!
Seth Mounts QB/SS Belfry
Mounts2 Wrote:Seth Mounts QB/SS Belfry

Without a doubt the Mounts kid at Belfry will be a handful to deal with on both sides of the ball. Well over 6'0 and rock solid. If Belfry can find some lineman.....look out. They could very well get #5
I talked to one of the Coaches from Belfry he's said they were going to be fine
Belfry's still the King of D2 until someone knocks them off when did Cobin get
back in D2 they got out after the 2012
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Without a doubt the Mounts kid at Belfry will be a handful to deal with on both sides of the ball. Well over 6'0 and rock solid. If Belfry can find some lineman.....look out. They could very well get #5

I'm going to say there's more of a chance of #5 than not
Drove by Belfry Middle practice, numbers are a little down but I think this team may end up one of the best. The line has some incredible size to it and they can move. Backfield is as solid as ever. Another cake walk for the Pirates.
D1- Bowling green
D2- T.K. Stone
D3- Somerset
7th- JCTMS
Laker, How did you come to determine that those would be the champs this year?

in D1, you have to go with history and that says that if you win the 7th grade title you end up winning the 8th too, so that right now would lean N. Pulaski.

In D2, Who can stop Belfry?

In D3, I like CAL and Meece

JV/7th division, I fin dit hard cause most have only had one game or haven't played at all, but I'm hearing Johnson central is loaded with talent.
division 1 got to go with someone from region 4. N. Pulaski has to be the one to beat but don't count out a couple teams that have been there before johnson co and my sleeper is knox county, they have one of the best backs in the state. Sorry Louisville teams you have always played runner up in this division to region 4 teams.

Divison 2 same thing state championship goes through belfy, but don't count out the Redhounds, they had N.Pulaski beat in playoffs last year and let it slip away in final seconds. My sleeper is Wayne Co. They have a big line and a couple hard running backs.

Divison 3 - got to go with the Jumpers, They should have played 7th grade state last year and all the talk may not have been N.Pulaski. Cal will be there in the end. My sleeper is New Harlan I hear they have a New Coach They also stacked their schedule which will make a big difference in the end. they play Wayne and N. Pulaski which will show what they are holding.

7th grade don't know much about the division early going to go with a D1 team from region 4 they have history on their side. 7th grade sleeper how about Whitley Co.

Hope everyone has a great healthy season
Pete great picks. But New Harlan will probably be D2 after numbers were turned in. Meece is beyond solid. They man handled Wayne, and Bell, JT Alton, Whitley in grid, and beat Boyle Co. 22-0, and Bluegrass 38-22 ( played 7th grade in second half was up 22-0 at half). Knox looks very good this year but Northern and Johnson makes it a 3 way pick. lol Corbin will be nice. The were spanked by Meece last year 32-14 at home in championship, but was close with Northern, and play a tough teams to get ready. A Corbin belfry game is got to be a possibly and a don't miss game. Corbin plays New Harlan so if they're D2 this year it will give a premier
I believe Wayne is D1, no?
New Harlan and Belfry play pretty early.......good indicator as to where both teams are...
New harlan plays belfry, north Pulaski, Johnson central,bell county, Corbin and Wayne county this year. Tough schedule this year most are away games if they can survive that schedule with a decent record they should be ready for the playoffs.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I believe Wayne is D1, no?

We were last year. We will go down if needed.

Also don't remember being manhandled by Meece in our scrimmage. Our 1s played each other pretty well.
Footballcrazyman Wrote:New harlan plays belfry, north Pulaski, Johnson central,bell county, Corbin and Wayne county this year. Tough schedule this year most are away games if they can survive that schedule with a decent record they should be ready for the playoffs.

Do you have the dates for those games. Some of those would can't miss games.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:New Harlan and Belfry play pretty early.......good indicator as to where both teams are...

When do these two play? Does Belfry have a 6th grade team?
Cardfan1 Wrote:We were last year. We will go down if needed.

Also don't remember being manhandled by Meece in our scrimmage. Our 1s played each other pretty well.

I didn't say you did? Lol
Belfry0304 Wrote:I didn't say you did? Lol

You didn't. Ha. It was said earlier.
Wayne wasn't in grid it was whitley. wasn't at scrimmage with wayne told it was a good workout. That was a error on my part and apologize for the miss print. we went over to watch whitley in grid it was a good workout, but meece was very dominate in it. just wanted to make that right. Must of had wayne on the mind lol
New Harlan plays north Pulaski this Saturday at Pulaski. Then we play Belfrey at Belfrey the 27th. Wayne county September 3rd at Wayne county