Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Girls Be Allowed To Play Football???
Girls are not big enough, fast enough , or strong enough to play football. They have NO BUSINESS playing football.
Up until last year Southwestern played a Powderpuff flag game annually, seniors versus juniors. It was great fun for all. A good crowd was always in attendance. The game was played inter-school by all three Pulaski County schools. Then a couple years ago the girls started to get a little out of hand at one of the games (not Southwestern)and took the game to the parking lot and began Powderpuff crash derby with their cars. That ended female football in Pulaski County. My point is that girls are as intense as the guys when it comes to competition. The bad thing is that the actions of a few ruined a good thing for the majority. I will stick to my original position that the girls cannot compete against the boys due to the physical nature of the game..
I think that if a girl wants to play football they should be able to........yea..she might get hurt ..but ur not her mommy..shes takin the risk. FREEDOM!!! I personally dont know why a girl would wanna play football...cause guys are a lot bigger than girls...but whatever floats her boat!!!!!
If girls have enough guts to play football, they have enough guts to change and shower in front of guys thats my oppinion!
You know that will never happen though.. Especially in high school..
Ttt
there is a khsaa rule that states there has to be an equal # of sports for women as men since girls are alowwed to wrestle on the boys squad maily against other girls from other schools but they have wrestled against boys
that is an exception
but the volleyball season was created to level out the khsaa rule because of football being an all male sport
I believe anyone and everyone who wants to play should be able to. Powder puff sucks. You dont get to play the same. There are girls out there that could beat almost any guy out there, in which case is it fair they are being deprived of playing? I wanted to play for the longest time, and yes i do know how to throw, catch, and tackle(not to mention anything else to do with this sport.) The way i see it especially here there is only one sport that is only played by one sex that is football, so why leave it that way, you never know if they'd let a girl play a little more often they could have better teams(lol.) I know one of my brothers friends i coulda tackled and taken down(Winknot mentionin any names.)
There was a girl when i was in 7th grade at Millard... She played in 8th grade football and from what i was told, she brought the wood.