Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Girls Be Allowed To Play Football???
DTfan Wrote:guys are allowed to be cheerleaders so what's so wrong with a girl playing football? I mean serouisally. I'd like to see Floyd Co. have a girl's league, I'm not sure how manh girls would actually go out and play because most of them are preppy and are afraid they'll break a nail. As far as guys playing volleyball...do you really think they'd look as good in short spandex shorts as the girls do?

Guys are allowed to cheer, but it's a coed thing. Football isn't exactly a coed sport. I mean there is boys basketball, and girls basketball, boys baseball, and girls softball, cheerleading can go both ways. But then you have volleyball, and football. Two sports that are primarily made up of one sex. Football is a rough sport and people get hurt, whereas volleyball might get you a rough floor burn. All in all I don't think football is a girl's sport.
Girls think they can handle it but the fact is some complain alot and im not sayin thins about all females but i belive they shuld stay away from the pads and pigskin
No way will it ever be proper for a female to play football. The game is far too physical. :wink: No disrespect to you BGR darlings out there but FOOTBALL is a MAN"S GAME... Now a powderpuff game or flag game would be fine. A female football league would be great. Idea Alot of problems have arisen out of a co-ed football team. Such as the most recent situation at Colorado where a female player game forth with sexual harassment charges and others... Cry It is not the situation we want our kids into... Big Grin
I still say NO
well i still say possibly haha :-)
IF they could wouldn't that put girls one sport ahead of boys in most schools.... causing the boys to have to get another sport...
i think that girls should be able to play football.
with a league of their own or with the guys.
the girls would have a better chance to play with the guys b/c i don't think a school would make the girls their own special league just because a handful of girls want to play.
the guys should be able to play volleyball but the only reason why they haven't is because they haven't stepped up like the girls.
PHSFAN Wrote:Yes they should it is called Powder Puff. NO...football is not a girls sport. They can play volleyball, soccer, be a cheerleader, or just a fan, but they shouldn't be allowed to play football above the little league level for their own personal safety.

Although they shouldn't some still do. There was a kicker for some college team not too long ago who played. Some are tough enough to play but still shouldn't be able to just on the fact that football is a game for guys and if girls want to play then they should play in a all girls league or somethin. I agree with you PHSFAN...but hey its their own choice.
It is their choice, but if there was an all girls sport, do you think they would let a guy come in and play?
The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public. ~Phyllis Diller

This is the answer im sure
live maroon there's different types of girls out there
you can't judge them all over the way you've seen some of them act

i totally agree with 15thRegionSlamaBamma if a girl gets hurt they should treat her just like they would one of the guys

i would like to see a lot of girls go up for football next year
You know my 6th grade year I played for Virgie Middle School and Russanna Holt played! She hit harder than half the boys on the team.(But we still won the county championship) We would get dressed and Russanna would be ready to get dressed after we walked out and waited on her to get ready for the game. But we treated her like she was one of us.
i think that both sexes should play any sport available as long as there are two seperate teams/leagues for it. i would probably play powder puff football if east ridge had a team. i am not a very big girl nor i am too tough but i would sure give it my all. however i would not go out for a guys football team because of the beatings that i would recieve on the field. those guys are HUGE! but yea, if a guy wanted to play volleyball, soccer, etc. then they should have their own team as well as a girl wanting to play football.
there is no way in the world i would play football with a girl on the team unless ,like dirty 30 said, we could all coed shower
i think that if a girl want's to play football she should be able to
and that they should treat her like they would one of the guys
she shouldn't get any special treatment just because she's a girl
i mean because she knows what she's signing up for and if she doesn't then she'll find out

you know the guys will put any girl going up for football through hell just because she's a girl and that they think a girl shouldn't be playing their sport

but you know that's just my personal opinion
IMO girls should be allowed to play football...but only if they are willing to accept the consequences that goes along with play a guys sport. If guys play volleyball then that's good...but really what guy actually wants to play volleyball? They would certainly look a little interseting in the uniforms now don't you think?
i totally agree with you SL
hmmm...now the guys in volleyball uniforms that would be a bit interesting...lol
An all girls league would be fine. But for a girl to play fball with the guys, that's just asking for trouble.. Yeah there might be a handful of girls that could take it, but it would take away from the game.. A guy, unless he is a complete ass, wouldn't knock a girl flat on here butt as hard as he can just because she is there. it's like playing basketball with girls.. yeah she might be able to shoot and drive, but guys lighten up when she gets the ball. In football, its fun to watch people get knocked on their butt. But as soon as a girl get's the wind knocked out of her and she can't get up, people will start throwing lawsuits, sayin people hit to hard and junk like that.. I mean I remember my lil brother hit someone in grade school so hard that they couldn't get up for a minute, well alter that night we got a phone call at the house saying that parents were complaining saying he hit to hard..

So coed football wouldn't work out.
my daughter played one year as a kicker ,in a eastern ky high school,it was tough ,mentaly she was ready and would try anything.and not back down, she wanted to play safty but was not allowed because she was a girl, but we both knew ther was to big a difference in body makeup to compete the way she could mentaly, so she quit and went back to basketball ,where she lead her team the elite 8 in the girls sweet 16 , and on to a small coll. with a b ball scholarship,
Congrats to your daughter Quaker.
a girl playing tackle football. being a female myself, i dont undersatnd why any girl would want to play football, being manhandled by a bunch of boys throws away the idea of femanizm altogether. Also it wouldnt be fair, becasue any guy wouldnt go full force on a girl, and even though a girl might think she is tuff, if a guy hits her hard enough in the wrong places im sure it would change her mind pretty quickly. Powderpuff would be nice though...even though there probably wouldnt be enough participants to make a team, it would still be nice to try.
complete congrats to ur daughter Quaker

well game*day, i being a female, myself, do understand why a girl would want to play tackle football. just because you play football doesn't completely throw away the idea of femanizm or w/e you wanna call it. It would be completely fair for a guy to go full force on a girl because if she signs up for it she knows what she signing up for. i mean there's camp they go through if she decides after going through a couple of days of camp she can just drop it. right? if she believes that she's tough enough then let her get out on the field and prove it. i think powderpuff is great and all but i am all for a girl playin' on a guys team. because you know as well as i do that no school is gonna give the girls a league/team of their own jus because maybe 5 girls wanna play. you know that when a girl first starts out that the guys will give her hell. but if she toughs out football that they'll totally appreciate her for it.
Is that a fact. Is this a riddle?
GIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT , IT JUST IS TO BIG A DIFF. IN THE BODY MAKEUP,ITS NOT THEIR FAULT, GOD MADE THEM VERY SPECIAL IN THERE OWN WAY I THINK ALL THE GUYS WILL AGREE.
yea well, i think if a girl actually tried to get out and play they would change their mind....and yea i kno guys could go full force on girls, but you know no guys would.....if ia girl played no matter how good she did , she would probably get no respect whatsoever
and no girl , even if they were good, would make the team
especially the guys in my grade.............. most of them would never hit a girl.......but they are gonna be great!!!! go richie, gilespe, honakers, mccoy, fields, sands, and all the other freshman fb players
god bless

lady panthers #24
that is true game*day
even if a girl did make the team she would prbly never get any playin' time
i believe that she would get respect after toughing it out with the guys
but being her first time out there the guys would prbly show her pure Hell
just because she's a girl but i would love to see some girls out on the field next year.
If girls want to play they should be able to play
Here at East Ridge there are quite a few girls who want to play football. They have looked into having a powder puff team but theres not enough money in the budget.
see this is what i mean a lot of schools don't have enough funding to allow the girls to have a league or a team of their own and they'd be better off playin' with the guys