Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice named Pikeville Head Coach
I know Elisha very well, he is one of the most honest and trustworthy people I know. He would never recruit or seek other players, just not his style, however I can see many players seeking him. He is in a prime position to have success for many years.
This thread will be a lot of fun to come back and look at down the road. A lot of lofty expectations being thrown around for a coach who is yet to prove himself.
Motley Wrote:This thread will be a lot of fun to come back and look at down the road. A lot of lofty expectations being thrown around for a coach who is yet to prove himself.

Yes it will be fun for me to come back to and look at and see how stupid some of the people on here are.
Junior Newsome is a no go. So back to the question of who will the assistants be. Brother Justice did a great job at Shelby Valley with the freshman. Maybe he can do both football and basketball. Could be helpful to unify the two sports.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Yes it will be fun for me to come back to and look at and see how stupid some of the people on here are.

I agree but this also be another Gospel in the 15th Region Bible. Personally I don't care what he does. However I do like to provoke reactions. Bottom line his career at PHS will go one of two ways, good or bad, period. If he truly doing what he has been accused of then he is in the wrong and it will reflect on the court and in other aspects. A wise man said, "you can't do wrong and get by." In times past I believed that whole heartedly. Now with consolidation, new roads and virtually no limitations on basketball in Ky (aka the only sport that can go year round and seems to find ways around the dead period) I am not sure that the wise man's word mean what they used to. I respect any coach because lord knows they are not in it for the money, (unless somehow land the Head Football job at a private/indi/Christian or a County School with only one high school and even though they make more than most, by the time you figure it all up, just in time alone, they are making next to nothing. Love of the game. So in conclusion of this rant, good luck PHS in the up coming basketball season. Kids are gonna go where they wanna go and as a coach if a kid wants to transfer to play for me, by all means come on but all the ducks will be in a row and if I were in that position the only conversations that I would be having with the student would be after everything was clear and he was released from his/her previous school. Sorry for any angst that I may have caused the PHS Panthers and their new coach and his family.
Pikeville always had a good teams. baseball, football, basketball, ect. just like any other school they might have there down years. but for the most part, they got some good teams.
he as a coach, I can't tell yea. he only got one year under him. his team did go 20-10. in a few more years. get back to if he is a good coach or not. but good luck at Pikeville.
specialteams5 Wrote:I agree but this also be another Gospel in the 15th Region Bible. Personally I don't care what he does. However I do like to provoke reactions. Bottom line his career at PHS will go one of two ways, good or bad, period. If he truly doing what he has been accused of then he is in the wrong and it will reflect on the court and in other aspects. A wise man said, "you can't do wrong and get by." In times past I believed that whole heartedly. Now with consolidation, new roads and virtually no limitations on basketball in Ky (aka the only sport that can go year round and seems to find ways around the dead period) I am not sure that the wise man's word mean what they used to. I respect any coach because lord knows they are not in it for the money, (unless somehow land the Head Football job at a private/indi/Christian or a County School with only one high school and even though they make more than most, by the time you figure it all up, just in time alone, they are making next to nothing. Love of the game. So in conclusion of this rant, good luck PHS in the up coming basketball season. Kids are gonna go where they wanna go and as a coach if a kid wants to transfer to play for me, by all means come on but all the ducks will be in a row and if I were in that position the only conversations that I would be having with the student would be after everything was clear and he was released from his/her previous school. Sorry for any angst that I may have caused the PHS Panthers and their new coach and his family.
Well I can promise you that what you heard wasn't true he will do it by the book no matter what people say he has had three kids to transfer in but they
did on there own no one went to them but that's the way it is when your a good person and Coach kids want to play for you Pikeville will have a good team hope them the best and this is his third year as a head coach
Does that mean they do not have good enough players to win..... But they went on and won anyway.....
I know for a fact that the two boys that were coming to Pikeville from BL will pass them by and be going to SV
Hilltopper Wrote:I know for a fact that the two boys that were coming to Pikeville from BL will pass them by and be going to SV
Thought they were enrolled in Pikeville!
Did either of the big kids from JBS come to Pikeville?
Wow ...have followed (laughed) at this thread since its inception...Pikeville is cheating .. Elisha is recruiting...KHSAA is coming down on Pikeville....if something illegal is happening i believe at least 1 of you would have called KHSAA and produced evidence...its really not as complicated as you make it out to be..Elisha is a superior basketball player who came from Shelby Valley..became Mr Basketball in the state of KY and won a State championship..Then went to play at a D1 school in Louisville and came home after 2 years because because his grandfather became sick...he is now plying his trade as a coach..whether he is a great coach or not is not the question to debate..would you want your kid to play for him?...I think that is obvious...
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Wow ...have followed (laughed) at this thread since its inception...Pikeville is cheating .. Elisha is recruiting...KHSAA is coming down on Pikeville....if something illegal is happening i believe at least 1 of you would have called KHSAA and produced evidence...its really not as complicated as you make it out to be..Elisha is a superior basketball player who came from Shelby Valley..became Mr Basketball in the state of KY and won a State championship..Then went to play at a D1 school in Louisville and came home after 2 years because because his grandfather became sick...he is now plying his trade as a coach..whether he is a great coach or not is not the question to debate..would you want your kid to play for him?...I think that is obvious...
Well put!
I have never met Coach Justice but I have met, and had the pleasure, to work with Superintendent Green at Pikeville Independent Schools. I can honestly say that the rumors of recruiting against Mr. Justice are just that, rumors. How do you ask? Because Superintendent Green only hires employees who are morally outstanding citizens. It makes no difference if you are a coach, a teacher, or an aide. You are hired for your ability to teach and leave a positive impression on each and every student that passes through the halls. Pikeville Independent is not a school that emphasizes athletics over academics. This is why 12 years later after moving on from my position at Pikeville Independent I still have the same respect for Mr. Green and the school board, I must add, that I did on the day I was hired.
Trust me no recruiting over there his not going to do that he's a honest young coach