Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice named Pikeville Head Coach
Former SV standout and Mr. Basketball will be named Pikeville coach this afternoon. Thoughts?
Two years in the making.....
The worst kept secret in all of mountain basketball.
I bet the pikeville fans are loving this
Congrats to Coach Justice.....and to Pikeville on a terrific hire!
Why is this a terrific hire? I am not saying that it is not, but I can't understand all the fanfare over a guy who has coached one year of high school basketball and never overwhelmed anyone at JBS even with their recruits and exchange students. He may do a great job, he may fall flat. Nobody knows what the future may hold. But to hear all the people on here, you would think Pikeville had just hired Phil Jackson, John Caliper or Rick Pitino. He is just a coach who needs to be given time to establish himself. I wonder what the Panther faithful will be saying if he puts together a few losing seasons. Also, wonder what they will be saying when all the transfers play over the homegrown kids. Lets wait a few years before we induct him in the coaches hall of fame.
I agree with Mountain BB Fan on this one.
My mother always told me if I didn't have anything good to say then to keep my mouth shout so that is what you negative people should do and let these kids start to get ready for some basketball season congratulations Elisha.

Ps go and show these people Pikeville has the best coach in the 15th region
Good luck to Mr Justice. Time will tell on this one!
Congrats Elisha...Wish you nothing but the best...
He will get the players out of the halls and will inject some renewed interest in basketball by the student body. Good hire.
BlueSky Wrote:Two years in the making.....

BlueSky is wise warrior.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:Why is this a terrific hire? I am not saying that it is not, but I can't understand all the fanfare over a guy who has coached one year of high school basketball and never overwhelmed anyone at JBS even with their recruits and exchange students. He may do a great job, he may fall flat. Nobody knows what the future may hold. But to hear all the people on here, you would think Pikeville had just hired Phil Jackson, John Caliper or Rick Pitino. He is just a coach who needs to be given time to establish himself. I wonder what the Panther faithful will be saying if he puts together a few losing seasons. Also, wonder what they will be saying when all the transfers play over the homegrown kids. Lets wait a few years before we induct him in the coaches hall of fame.

Mountain BB Fan is wise warrior.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:My mother always told me if I didn't have anything good to say then to keep my mouth shout so that is what you negative people should do and let these kids start to get ready for some basketball season congratulations Elisha.

Ps go and show these people Pikeville has the best coach in the 15th region

Chief been around long time. Me understand this site about sharing opinions. Hope 99PIRATEFAN learns same.
ER and SV will struggle to compete with Pikeville from here to near future. Even Coach McCoy will not be able to slow down the Panther Domination that is in the future. My best advise to "the chief" is to keep watering those Marijuana plants up Motley Fork and you might be able to pay the cell-phone bills and not have your service interrupted.
Wonder who his assistant will be? Will he retain anyone from last year staff? Time will tell
Congrats to Coach Justice...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In honor of the hiring of Elisha Justice, Pikeville has released a new Elisha Justice bobblehead.

[Image: http://www.puppetrymuseum.org/images/12P...-Baker.jpg]
I hate the way Williams was let go, he was a good coach IMO. But Elisha will be good for the team and the region. He is young with little experience but he knows what it takes to win this region, he had a great high school coach, great college coach, and has cut his teeth in a much tougher region. SV will regret they didn't offer him and take the chance to revive a broken program.
Big Don Wrote:ER and SV will struggle to compete with Pikeville from here to near future. Even Coach McCoy will not be able to slow down the Panther Domination that is in the future. My best advise to "the chief" is to keep watering those Marijuana plants up Motley Fork and you might be able to pay the cell-phone bills and not have your service interrupted.

Me think Big Don needs to understand talent comes and goes in small 1A school. Parents will feast on Elisha within year and AD will be next. Eyeball doctor who is board chair will sell out both for re-election.

Much like Cherokee proverb: When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it. No taxes no debt, women did all work. White man thought he improve system like this.
sacbunt Wrote:In honor of the hiring of Elisha Justice, Pikeville has released a new Elisha Justice bobblehead.

[Image: http://www.puppetrymuseum.org/images/12P...-Baker.jpg]

sacbunt is wise warrior.
Me think Justice has done nothing to indicate he's going to be a bad coach.

That JBS team could have made a run in the 15th last year.
Great Hire for the Pikeville Panthers! Wish you the best of luck in your new job.
TheChief Wrote:Me think Big Don needs to understand talent comes and goes in small 1A school. Parents will feast on Elisha within year and AD will be next. Eyeball doctor who is board chair will sell out both for re-election.

Much like Cherokee proverb: When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it. No taxes no debt, women did all work. White man thought he improve system like this.

Dear The Chief:
You have been smoking the wrong type of smoke. The Pikeville City board, hiring committee, parents, and players ALL wanted Elisha Justice. The entire community wanted new blood in the basketball program. The Pikeville community is now once again excited about basketball!

Their are only a few people who didn't want this to happen and will bash Elisha Justice on here the entire time he is coach at Pikeville regardless if he wins 10 state championships are not.

They are: Bart Williams, Williams family, Williams former staff and Shelby Valley's Coach Hicks

It's ironic that you "THE CHIEF" became a member on this message board the day after Coach Hicks was hired at SV and been concerned about the open Pikeville position ever since its been open.
I Googled Elisha Justice and this popped up. Wow!
I bet not many coaches in the state look like this.
[Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hi8YmEHGgPU/Uh...8565_n.jpg]
zaga_fan Wrote:Me think Justice has done nothing to indicate he's going to be a bad coach.

That JBS team could have made a run in the 15th last year.

They played Lawrence twice and fell to them both times. Johnson Central beat them by 11. I would even wager that they couldn't have beat Magoffin County.
Will not have any impact on the program. They will still be a middle of the road program. It is impossible to do a person wrong and then expect success. Karma has a way of coming around. Do not blame the young coach, he simply took the job that was offered to him.
I predict the talent from Dorton, Virgie, Betsy Layne and the Pike Central kids that can play will migrate towards Pikeville soon. Toss in some exchange students and the Panthers will be the team to beat in the 15th soon.
Williams couldn't keep players for 4 years and that has gone on for several years. It was time for a change!
TheChief Wrote:Me think Big Don needs to understand talent comes and goes in small 1A school. Parents will feast on Elisha within year and AD will be next. Eyeball doctor who is board chair will sell out both for re-election.

Maybe pale face think hard work good thing. Maybe think hard work better than sleeping on ground, starving in winter, and being fed buffalo a$$ by woman who do all work. Maybe Pikeville think hard work good too. Maybe Pikeville want more than buffalo a$$. Me think many here just used to the taste by now, but will like other parts of buffalo once made to try it.