•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 2016
Walk over to the coaches room and explain the rules. MHSParent, you took them didn't you?
Going to have a great video of it , if you want a copy.
Look on the bright side, they did wait till pads could be worn before they started this time. Last time at Campbellsville they were a week early in pads.
As far as other teams going to camp and following rules, there are plenty of teams that do. Personally , I believe it is cheating and should be turned in by anyone that knows.
Sounds like some want to justify it by the excuse everyone does it, when in fact everyone does not scrimmage at camp. Many have camp at their school, and many follow the rules when they go to some of these camps and more than most don't go. I to disagree with rules set aside and flat out cheating. I think these coaches that break rule should be reported and extra scrimmages stopped. Everyone should get 2 and if you break the scrimmage rules fire coach . That will stop the scrimmage problem.
The Boro wraps up camp today. Hearing the new QB has been impressive. Not super athletic or anything but does a great job of getting the football where it needs to go & when it needs to get there. He was in a similar system under Corey Russell at Cumberland Gap, so he's basically a 3 year starter in this offense. As others have said, Mboro has a LOT of good athletes but the jury is still out on how good they can be in the box. I believe they'll be better than last year up front but that's not saying a lot to be honest. I think they'll be fine upfront on offense for the most part, but D-line & LB's are the biggest question marks in my eyes. Overall, looking for a much improved Jacket team.
Flicka Wrote:Sounds like some want to justify it by the excuse everyone does it, when in fact everyone does not scrimmage at camp. Many have camp at their school, and many follow the rules when they go to some of these camps and more than most don't go. I to disagree with rules set aside and flat out cheating. I think these coaches that break rule should be reported and extra scrimmages stopped. Everyone should get 2 and if you break the scrimmage rules fire coach . That will stop the scrimmage problem.

I don't want to excuse it. In fact, I said that wouldn't make it ok.

I agree that if coaches break the rules, they should be reported. These allegations that Middlesboro broke the rules are just that, allegations. We will see if there is any truth when KHSAA hands down sanctions. Lord knows if it happened then there is proof and it will be transferred to them.

When I said most teams break the rules, I wasn't talking about just scrimmaging illegally. That also includes monitoring, tracking, reporting, and abiding by heat index rules. It includes on the field sportsmanship rules by coaches and players (tobacco, cursing, etc.). Please, tell me how many teams abide by ALL rules again?
I do believe the conversation was about camp scrimmages. That was my thoughts on that. It has been a problem and the KHSAA is trying to crack down on it. If the simply put a 1 year suspension on any coach that breaks it, I believe it would stop. With that said ,did they scrimmage again? If so report it. Otherwise stop with everyone does something. Just my thoughts.

It doesn't take sanctions to be guilty of breaking the rules.
Perhaps you only thought in terms of scrimmages but I clearly said that I thought most schools break the rules in one way or another...including the aforementioned rules. You seem reluctant to deny that.

I actually have no clue if they scrimmaged or not. It was an allegation made by some random bitter dad on here. I'm sure he'll report it as he supposedly took great video. If he is truthful, the KHSAA will handle it and I welcome any discipline.
NextGeneration Wrote:Walk over to the coaches room and explain the rules. MHSParent, you took them didn't you?

Um, no, no I didn't actually. Not sure why you're fixated on thinking I'm some sort of bus driver.
Sure you would.
MHSParent , we haven't broken the rules yet. If you knew them you would know. At least it can't be proved, yet.
NextGeneration Wrote:MHSParent , we haven't broken the rules yet. If you knew them you would know. At least it can't be proved, yet.

You were the one accusing MHS of playing an illegal 7 on 7 and then said you would have great video of them breaking the rules. I said all along that I was out of town when the team went to camp and wouldn't know whether they did or not but if we did, I knew you would be the first to let us know.

It's sad that it seems you are pulling for your alma mater to break the rules so you can catch them on video and turn them in...just so you can keep trashing coaching staff. You would think that you would be happy they haven't and hopeful that they wouldn't. You're ridiculous.

All I've heard out of those that have had the chance to watch the team is that we are greatly improved, including in the trenches. I'm very excited to see them for myself.
I love messing with you.

How does anyone know if they are better if they have not went against anyone?
NextGeneration Wrote:I love messing with you.

How does anyone know if they are better if they have not went against anyone?

Is that a serious question? Haha
I've read this thread up and down and can only conclude students of Middlesboro are best off somewhere else. If you people are in charge of any sort of operation for Middlesboro High School you should be fired. Once a proud and great program, now turned into garbage by bickering people.
Badman stepping in with his 7,219th post acting like a single one of them had effect on the real world. Thank you for your wisdom. For the record, if defending my alma mater against slander is bickering, I'm very guilty. You're right, I wish I had done better for the system and just let these guys trash them nonstop.
The fact is the program is in the trashcan. People used to be afraid to play Middlesboro, now if I was Allen Central or Phelps, I would be begging for a home and home. So how about you worry less about my post count and worry more about the perceived reality of the Yellow Jackets.
Go Jackets!!!!
Treyton Humfleet will run all over us in week 1. I kinda dread it. I say he will get 6-7 TD's against us.
Middlesboro just don't have the size and skill up front otherwise they would be dangerous!
Everytime is gonna be fast our line on offense won't be a problem we're gonna put up a lot of points .. but we're gonna give up a lot of points on defense. .. could see a lot of high scoring games something like 55 to 56 finals . Should be fun to watch if everything clicks like it should.
nice look eh?

[Image: https://i.imgsafe.org/e0d5d02198.png]
Intimidator Wrote:nice look eh?

nice 4 SUR
Intimidator Wrote:nice look eh?

nice 4 SUR
Intimidator Wrote:Everytime is gonna be fast our line on offense won't be a problem we're gonna put up a lot of points .. but we're gonna give up a lot of points on defense. .. could see a lot of high scoring games something like 55 to 56 finals . Should be fun to watch if everything clicks like it should.

This offense will not score 55 points in 5 games. OL is way to weak to help in the middle. Teams can play pass defense and stop the edge, it is over. I agree that the defense will give up 56 on occasion. I don't know who we beat on our schedule. Tell me who?
Rumblings from the crater about an issue at camp and this week with a couple players quitting the team and then coming back and starting? Things never boring in that hole.

If the camp issue is true, that will open a new can of worms for the next student that makes the same mistake.
Madness Wrote:Rumblings from the crater about an issue at camp and this week with a couple players quitting the team and then coming back and starting? Things never boring in that hole.

If the camp issue is true, that will open a new can of worms for the next student that makes the same mistake.

To my knowledge that isn't true, I heard about one player being suspended for a violation of team rules, but that is it.
Your knowledge is lacking, I watch them quit, and the assistant coach go after them. Then they are back. One of them sit out of the scrimmage, because of the issue at camp. Which will not go away when others find out what it was. The other , nothing. It will never stop with these guys.
Confirmed, true. Nothing will be done. This is why they will not be back. No discipline and cancer eating away from inside out.

Really teampaul, team rules??????

Dig a little deeper.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)