Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs Fairview Oct. 7th
Poor poor putty tats😞
Tomcat Pride Wrote:True we've had our share of transfers in the past but at no time in our history have we had around 20 players on our roster from other school systems.The truth is you all cant win with your own players and have to result to bringing in players from other systems. How's next years crop looking?

Approximately 42% of Paintsville Independent School District's K-12 student body lives outside the very small district. The district doesn't even cover all of the city limits of tiny Paintsville. So having 20 out of 45 members of the football team live outside the district is pretty much the same ratio as the district as a whole. Another poster stated this in a thread I read a while back...just to give credit.
I hate to see Fairview fall on such hard times with only 20 or so kids dressing out. Only a few years ago, before Chirico, Paintsville was facing similar problems, by not having a lot of kids dressing out and a lack of excitement around the program. Now, Paintsville is the best team in 1A and if it wasn't for Kash getting hurt last year, I truly believe they would have won the championship. So, hopefully Fairview takes it's lumps this year and bounces back for years to come. As far as this game goes, the Tigers win big!!! Paintsville wins 48-7. Good luck to both teams.
The life and times of small schools. It is up and down. Very few schools maintain success year and year out because numbers create years where there is no talent. Can't coach up what you do not have.
Im afraid there will be no bouncing back for Fairview.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Paintsville's opponents results as of 10/4.

W - Sheldon Clark: 1-5
W - Frankfort: 2-4
W - Pikeville: 5-2
W - Ridgeview, VA.: 1-5
W - Williamsburg: 2-4
W - Bourbon County: 2-4
W - Pike County Central: 3-3
Fairview: 3-3
Raceland: 7-0
Shelby Valley: 2-4

Poor Pulp!. It just eats him alive! Man it must be miserable to carry around so much jealousy and or hate towards another bunch of kids! The part I hate is I know some of these young players get on these boards! Knowing they're proud of ALL their talent, effort and hard work that's got both teams to an undefeated record and then for them to see people from their own community not only NOT supporting them but trying to run them down every chance they get! Just baffles me! Fact is the county of Johnson is not even on a map without the City of Paintsville and the City of Paintsville wouldn't exist without the county of Johnson! We ARE one and the same! Seems some would back an outsider than support their neighbor!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Paintsville's opponents results as of 10/4.

W - Sheldon Clark: 1-5
W - Frankfort: 2-4
W - Pikeville: 5-2
W - Ridgeview, VA.: 1-5
W - Williamsburg: 2-4
W - Bourbon County: 2-4
W - Pike County Central: 3-3
Fairview: 3-3
Raceland: 7-0
Shelby Valley: 2-4

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Just showing the opponents W/L record.... nothing more, nothing less.

Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Poor Pulp!. It just eats him alive! Man it must be miserable to carry around so much jealousy and or hate towards another bunch of kids! The part I hate is I know some of these young players get on these boards! Knowing they're proud of ALL their talent, effort and hard work that's got both teams to an undefeated record and then for them to see people from their own community not only NOT supporting them but trying to run them down every chance they get! Just baffles me! Fact is the county of Johnson is not even on a map without the City of Paintsville and the City of Paintsville wouldn't exist without the county of Johnson! We ARE one and the same! Seems some would back an outsider than support their neighbor!

You must have missed the bolded post I made earlier in this thread.
I didn't make a comment either way about Paintsville's schedule.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Yep. I Shouldn't have assumed your intent! Thanks for the opponents result record! My apologies!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You must have missed the bolded post I made earlier in this thread.
I didn't make a comment either way about Paintsville's schedule.

You must think some of us are stupid. You had to make it a point that our schedule is "weak". Which brings us back to the point that when this schedule was made before last season, nobody thought we would win 6 games. We all know you hate Paintsville, that's fine, hate away. While you're hating, we'll keep on winning and continue to support the boys in Black and Gold as well, with hopes that both teams bring home the hardware this year.
Redneck Wrote:You must think some of us are stupid. You had to make it a point that our schedule is "weak". Which brings us back to the point that when this schedule was made before last season, nobody thought we would win 6 games. We all know you hate Paintsville, that's fine, hate away. While you're hating, we'll keep on winning and continue to support the boys in Black and Gold as well, with hopes that both teams bring home the hardware this year.

If you would have looked at the JC vs. Greenup thread... I did the exact same thing.

I even looked up Ridgeview, VA.'s record so that it would be a complete W/L record. Most people will leave out-of-state teams because they don't know where to look.

:welcome:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Game day!
Please stay on topic and refrain from recruitment insults. Smile

I don't want to have to close another thread.

Thank you.

Smile