•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2016
jetpilot Wrote:^You picked Hazard to upset Pikeville in the playoffs this year so we don't expect you to understand. Pikeville's skill players are going to go up and down the field on Hazard again. They aren't going to be able to tackle B. Charles. They won't be able to stop Battaile. And the other sill players. What you refuse to see is the people getting the reps from the "losses" you keep referring to are going to put up similar numbers in 2016! You will see I am right in Week 0...

Jet I didn't even make a prediction in the game. I believe I did regular season but not the playoffs.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I thought he quit midway through the year?

Last I heard, he didn't play from about mid season on due to having arthritic knees. When the cold weather set in it made them worse. I'm not really sure if he did quit. First I've heard of that, sure hope not.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Last I heard, he didn't play from about mid season on due to having arthritic knees. When the cold weather set in it made them worse. I'm not really sure if he did quit. First I've heard of that, sure hope not.

I heard it right from his dad's mouth that he quit....First I've heard of "Arthitic Knees"
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I heard it right from his dad's mouth that he quit....First I've heard of "Arthitic Knees"

The "Arthritic" knees is arthritis of the knees. However, you are right. I found out from a friend very close to the program that he did quit the team. Hate to hear it.
Big Five-0- Wrote:The "Arthritic" knees is arthritis of the knees. However, you are right. I found out from a friend very close to the program that he did quit the team. Hate to hear it.
Yeah me too. Maybe he'll change his mind....I hope he does, for his sake. Never met a person who quit a sport that didn't regret it later. But if he doesn't well move on. My bad on the "Type-O"....HAHA!!!
Big Five-0- Wrote:Wyatt Battaile has the physicality of Pikeville QB Matt Blair, who did a fine job in 1987 for the Panthers. Same slender , tall build, and throws the ball very similar to what Matt did. The only difference I see is Wyatt is loaded with speed for the run, and Matt would be the first to admit, he didn't have any speed. REALLY looking forward to see him playing next season !
Matt Blair's son is an upcoming freshman for the Panthers, played QB and Safety this year
AceQB13 Wrote:Matt Blair's son is an upcoming freshman for the Panthers, played QB and Safety this year

Yes. Watched him play in the Middle School Championship game this season. Did a great job, and imo, Matt Blair was one of the best, if not the best to ever play at PHS.
Pikeville will be good, very good next year. Will have to play as the favorite and with big target on their back next year. The team this year fed off the underdog role. They will lose several 4 year starters out of the graduating class but will return an even bigger senior class next year. The biggest to replace is center Coleman and of course Pugh. Coleman I don't know who will replace him and the RB will be by committee next year with Charles getting more carries. I think the overall biggest thing that will be missed is the leadership of the senior class. Several seniors next year need to step up and be leaders starting now. Championships are won in the off season and need to lead by example. Also with a very good chance of going back to BG next year, somebody will transfer to the school. Why wouldn't they. A great team, school, fans and full support from the administration. Go Panthers! Cant wait to watch them next year.
Totally agree. They WILL have a target on their backs. They should also be motivated by the fact that I'm already seeing some people dismiss their chances of getting back to Bowling Green next year. Not saying people on here, just some people in general. So my message to those boys (if any read this site) is: Focus on yourselves. Get better everyday, pull each other up and don't let a teammate fail. You are the defending 1A State Champion Pikeville Panthers, and you are playing for the name on the FRONT of your jersey. Drown out the noise around you with the rattle of weights, the pounding of running stairs, and the sweat from pushing yourself.

Official team photo for the "Ring of Champions" at the school was taken yesterday. I've attached it here. Photograph by the always outstanding photographer, Dusty Layne. He does awesome work.
Correct me if I am wrong but Pikeville will get Tates Creek in the PCB correct?

Should let us know right off the bat what kind of team the Panthers have. Tates Creek should be a winnable game if Pikeville looks to be a contender again, but the Commodores speed and size should prove a beneficial test
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but Pikeville will get Tates Creek in the PCB correct?

Should let us know right off the bat what kind of team the Panthers have. Tates Creek should be a winnable game if Pikeville looks to be a contender again, but the Commodores speed and size should prove a beneficial test
You are correct.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You are correct.

Good week 1 test and should be game 2 for Pikeville next year.
bac2369 Wrote:Good week 1 test and should be game 2 for Pikeville next year.
If we find a week 0 game! Prestonsburg isnt playing Pikeville in any sport next year!
Mastadon89 Wrote:If we find a week 0 game! Prestonsburg isnt playing Pikeville in any sport next year!
Why am I not surprised?
What are the chances that Pikeville moves up to 2a in the next realignment? I was looking at the enrollment reports off the KHSAA site and noticed that Pikeville and Beechwood were 2 of the largest 1a teams with just under 200 boys. It wouldn't take too many more for both of those 2 to take the step up.. Can you imagine how tough 2a would be if they added these 2 teams.. Wow..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:What are the chances that Pikeville moves up to 2a in the next realignment? I was looking at the enrollment reports off the KHSAA site and noticed that Pikeville and Beechwood were 2 of the largest 1a teams with just under 200 boys. It wouldn't take too many more for both of those 2 to take the step up.. Can you imagine how tough 2a would be if they added these 2 teams.. Wow..

I could think of a football team at the top of the list that would certainly be a challenge if Pikeville made it that far in 2a.........Mayfield.
Big Five-0- Wrote:I could think of a football team at the top of the list that would certainly be a challenge if Pikeville made it that far in 2a.........Mayfield.

Even before that the thought of Pikeville vs. NewCath and Danville would be premium games.

I also like the thought of Beechwood and NewCath being District Rivals again
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Even before that the thought of Pikeville vs. NewCath and Danville would be premium games.

I also like the thought of Beechwood and NewCath being District Rivals again

True. Just the thought of any upper echelon 2a team vrs. Pikeville would create great game interest. Would liked to have seen a Pikeville/Mayfield game this season. Imo, the score would have been close.
Mastadon89 Wrote:If we find a week 0 game! Prestonsburg isnt playing Pikeville in any sport next year!

Good riddance! Replace them with a good team!:thatsfunn
^^Look for Pikeville to pick up Beechwood, Raceland, Fairview or similar and Prestonsburg to pick up Berea, McCreary Central, Jackson Co. or similar.:truestory:
jetpilot Wrote:^^Look for Pikeville to pick up Beechwood, Raceland, Fairview or similar and Prestonsburg to pick up Berea, McCreary Central, Jackson Co. or similar.:truestory:

:redboxer::devilflam
jetpilot Wrote:^^Look for Pikeville to pick up Beechwood, Raceland, Fairview or similar and Prestonsburg to pick up Berea, McCreary Central, Jackson Co. or similar.:truestory:
A week zero game with Valley would make sense.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:A week zero game with Valley would make sense.

I would prefer a marquee Class A matchup but Valley would work. Valley doesn't excite me though lol...
Picking up Beechwood for a future Pike Co. Bowl opponent would be a marquee matchup. Back in the day it was all good!
If I were Pikeville, I wouldn't want to play another 1a contender in a Bowl game that I may have to turn around and play in the playoffs or state title game.. Pikeville and Danville would be a great bowl matchup.. It also looks like LCA is coming back around to being a solid program like they were back in 07 to 09, when they were exceptional..

I agree on the NCC/Beechwood rivalry being rejuvenated if Beechwood were to be placed in 2a in next alignment.. Them and Pikeville would immediately challenge NCC and Danville for east supremacy with LCA, Somerset, Lloyd, leslie Co, P'Burg and S.Valley having the occasional strong contending team..
Big Five-0- Wrote:True. Just the thought of any upper echelon 2a team vrs. Pikeville would create great game interest. Would liked to have seen a Pikeville/Mayfield game this season. Imo, the score would have been close.

No doubt, would have been an awesome game.. I think a Pikeville/Mayfield game last year would have been a close game, also.. Williamsburg was probably the cream of the crop out of the east last year, but, with exception of 1 poor game vs Paintsville, Pikeville was right their at the top with them and Mayfield was not near as strong as they were in 2012 and 2013 when they dominated in the title game..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:If I were Pikeville, I wouldn't want to play another 1a contender in a Bowl game that I may have to turn around and play in the playoffs or state title game.. Pikeville and Danville would be a great bowl matchup.. It also looks like LCA is coming back around to being a solid program like they were back in 07 to 09, when they were exceptional..

I agree on the NCC/Beechwood rivalry being rejuvenated if Beechwood were to be placed in 2a in next alignment.. Them and Pikeville would immediately challenge NCC and Danville for east supremacy with LCA, Somerset, Lloyd, leslie Co, P'Burg and S.Valley having the occasional strong contending team..

LCA would be a good match up... If not or the spot can't be filled scrimmage a Lawerence County team or a WV team.
Since we're talking about putting Beechwood and Pikeville in 2a, we may as well go ahead and add Russellville, Raceland, Hazard, Holy Cross, Frankfort, Williamsburg, Fairview and have a small school super class...
bac2369 Wrote:LCA would be a good match up... If not or the spot can't be filled scrimmage a Lawerence County team or a WV team.

LCA, Danville, NewCath, Lloyd Memorial, Cov. Holy Cross, Walton-Verona, Somerset all would be excellent games to open the season for a Pikeville team filling some pretty big voids. Pikeville also would be a beneficial game to those teams.

Would like to see Pikeville schedule Mingo Central, WV as well.

For some little bit bigger teams: Garrard County, North Laurel, Harlan County, Fleming County, Wayne County, Ashland, and Knox Central would work as well for both teams.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:LCA, Danville, NewCath, Lloyd Memorial, Cov. Holy Cross, Walton-Verona, Somerset all would be excellent games to open the season for a Pikeville team filling some pretty big voids. Pikeville also would be a beneficial game to those teams.

Would like to see Pikeville schedule Mingo Central, WV as well.

For some little bit bigger teams: Garrard County, North Laurel, Harlan County, Fleming County, Wayne County, Ashland, and Knox Central would work as well for both teams.
Travel being what travel is for many schools now, I would guess if any of the names you mentioned were considered, Somerset, Danville, maybe LCA and Ashland would be most likely contenders. In terms of Mingo Central, other than being a fairly local school, I don't know that it would benefit Mingo very much. For the simple reason of their points system (I don't think 1A out of state gets them many points IF they win), plus the fact that if they lost to Pikeville, Yogi might well get run out on a rail. Lol. It would possibly rekindle the Hatfield-McCoy feud.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next