Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Highlands
bo67 Wrote:So game at 3? Friday or Sat? Pulaski schedule was ok. I'm not going to under estimate them. But I do know a few years back I wondered who Rockcastle County was. And they showed me by thumping the Birds by about 6 touchdowns.

Per KHSAA website, the game is scheduled for 3:00 pm Friday.
A couple interesting tidbits from the following article:

http://www.fortthomasmatters.com/2015/11...laski.html

1. Pulaski County senior Derek Burgett is third on the all time points list for Ky kickers with 243 and Highlands Jared Dougherty is fifth with 203.
2. Highlands has won 30 straight home playoff games. Their last home playoff loss was to Lex. Catholic back in 2005.

Any link(s) to a live broadcast of the game available?
sstack Wrote:This was very nice of HHS to do for PC. It for sure was not a popular decision by HHS fans.

Absolutely was very gracious and classy of Highlands to do. Much respect! :worthy:
The decision to move the game to 3:00 might be a good one according to the latest weather forecast. Heavy rain is likely in the late afternoon, hopefully they can get this one in before it starts. I would hate to see either teams wide open offense slowed down by weather. Should be a fun game to watch.
Could someone please post directions to Highlands from Johnson County. I will be attending a luncheon at the Carriage House early that day, and leaving for Highlands from there.
PC people have good valid points concerning both teams. Does #55 go both ways for Highlands? He hard to miss. He's huge. In watching the game. I think I saw him on both sides of the ball Might have seen 1 or 2 more too at times.
bo67 Wrote:PC people have good valid points concerning both teams. Does #55 go both ways for Highlands? He hard to miss. He's huge. In watching the game. I think I saw him on both sides of the ball Might have seen 1 or 2 more too at times.

For the last time, NO ONE plays on both sides of the ball.
Bucwheat Wrote:Could someone please post directions to Highlands from Johnson County. I will be attending a luncheon at the Carriage House early that day, and leaving for Highlands from there.

Where is the Carriage House and I can help you out with directions.
kybred Wrote:A couple interesting tidbits from the following article:

http://www.fortthomasmatters.com/2015/11...laski.html

1. Pulaski County senior Derek Burgett is third on the all time points list for Ky kickers with 243 and Highlands Jared Dougherty is fifth with 203.
2. Highlands has won 30 straight home playoff games. Their last home playoff loss was to Lex. Catholic back in 2005.

Any link(s) to a live broadcast of the game available?

Home field advantage is Hugh in the Playoffs,that's why the state semifinals should be played on a neutral site! Just as PC had the advantage last year HHS will have it this year! Both teams deserve an equal shot when you make it that far into the Playoffs,Home Field advantage shouldn't play a part in it!!!
Jaxkait Wrote:Home field advantage is Hugh in the Playoffs,that's why the state semifinals should be played on a neutral site! Just as PC had the advantage last year HHS will have it this year! Both teams deserve an equal shot when you make it that far into the Playoffs,Home Field advantage shouldn't play a part in it!!!

Last year record for semi's was 6-6 for home teams.
footballfever Wrote:Last year record for semi's was 6-6 for home teams.

That's true, I'm not saying the away teams can't win,Pulaski won at Anderson 2 years ago to go to state! It still don't change the fact that Home field is a big advantage and at this point both teams deserve the same advantage!! I said the same thing last year when the game was at PC!!
Forever Maroon Wrote:Did I get knocked in the head or have bad intell? I could have sworn PC won that game, after turning it over 5 times and playing a 3rd string QB, who hadn't even played QB since elementary school. People keep bringing up the Scott County game. You look at scores with PC- HHS from that game and think they were similar. Not even a little. PC was down 1 score in the 4th qtr, before turning it over on downs and giving up a TD. Scott went on to score 2 more TDs late to get the difference. Highlands was dismantled from the opening kick with a running clock in the 2nd qtr. So, you can't even use that game to compare the 2 teams. HHS has play a much tougher schedule but, have been crushed in all of those tough games. Once HHS got to district play, it's schedule was just as weak as PC's. With all that said, these 2 should have a fantastic game. Neither will fear the other, that's for sure.

You do realize that in the HHS/Scott Co. game that Highlands was also without their starting QB and WR and several other current starters. HHS played their 2nd and 3rd string QB's in Scott Co game as Hergott was banged up and did not play. So you can not justify PC being better because they faired better against SC. The big question is how much better HHS is playing now compared to first half of year? Competition withstanding, this team is much different than start of year.
With respect to the Highlands program I just dont see them winning this game. Pulaski has too many weapons on offense. The best QB and WR in the state and teammates that know how to win. Also a great coaching staff that has been together for years building that program to what it is today...defending state champs. PC 42 Highlands 28
don't see either d stopping the opposing offense..

comes down to turnovers.. i see this game being in the high 30-low 40 type gimme

pc 42
highlands 38
Frozen Tundra Wrote:With respect to the Highlands program I just dont see them winning this game. Pulaski has too many weapons on offense. The best QB and WR in the state and teammates that know how to win. Also a great coaching staff that has been together for years building that program to what it is today...defending state champs. PC 42 Highlands 28

I agree HHS will not shut down PC. They will play bend but don't break D and try not to give up big plays for TD's. They will try to make PC make long drives and hope the make mistakes. The tall WR's for PC are a concern as HHS has small DB's. Watched one PC game and the D line has nice size but looked a little slow. Scott Co ran almost at will around ends which is HHS bread and butter. PC is not only one with great coaching or years of building a program! Look for close, high scoring game with TO's making the difference.
Ninja Wrote:don't see either d stopping the opposing offense..

comes down to turnovers.. i see this game being in the high 30-low 40 type gimme

pc 42
highlands 38

I like the way you think.
Highlands at home wins this game Pulaski show chincks in their armor last week if North controlled the ball Highlands will also. Highlands 33 Pulaski 26 I dont see No way Pulaski can go up their and win
PHSForever Wrote:In terms of football nobility, it's the "Old Money" (Highlands) versus the "Noveu Riche" (Pulaski County). New money wins this time.

Good analogy. In real life, when these two collide, the old money nearly always prevails. I hope that is the case this time. I will, as usual, root for FTH.
hoghead Wrote:Highlands at home wins this game Pulaski show chincks in their armor last week if North controlled the ball Highlands will also. Highlands 33 Pulaski 26 I dont see No way Pulaski can go up their and win

I hope your wrong but afraid your right!! If I hadn't saw the NL game I would be confident in PC winning,but they couldn't stop them going to the outside! For PC to win this one they are going to have to play their best Football.They can't go up their and play like they did last week!
Jaxkait Wrote:I hope your wrong but afraid your right!! If I hadn't saw the NL game I would be confident in PC winning,but they couldn't stop them going to the outside! For PC to win this one they are going to have to play their best Football.They can't go up their and play like they did last week!

Did not see the NL game, but that is the same thing I saw in the Scott Co. game. HHS does well against teams with big D lines that tend to be a little slow. That is why I think HHS can control number of touches PC has on offense and their D is strong enough to not let them be outscored.
mantax Wrote:Where is the Carriage House and I can help you out with directions.

Thank You Sweetie! The Carriage House is about a half mile from Johnson County High School, directions from there would be great.
Pulaski by 14...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bucwheat Wrote:Thank You Sweetie! The Carriage House is about a half mile from Johnson County High School, directions from there would be great.

:gtfo:
Well then they have 2 number 55
HHS has improved. Can they now beat the teams they got clobbered by?
bo67 Wrote:Well then they have 2 number 55

Please tell the less informed when Bo Hebel # 55 has played defense since the bye week. I'll wait on that one.
bo67 Wrote:HHS has improved. Can they now beat the teams they got clobbered by?

Does it matter? Pulaski County in the next team on the schedule from what I have been told so the focus is on what needs to be done in order to beat them.
Oh. Ok
LOL. I just love stirring the kettle. Maybe I should stop. Hmmm No. LOL.
Pulaski by a TD.

Bowling Green will be your state champs.