Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County @ Highlands
Let the predictions begin. Who wins?

The Birds running game is firing on all cylinders and Pulaski allowed 300+ yards on the ground against NL. I don't see Pulaski slowing down the Highlands offense but I wouldn't refer to Highlands defense as stout either. This game may come down to turnovers, special teams. With that being said, Highlands is at home, has tradition on their side, and is playing better than early in the year when they faced some very good teams. Highlands wins 42-27.

Is there any history between these two teams that someone can share?
Pulaski by 6
I think they've played once before, at Highlands in a prior semi-final, and the Birds won big. Not this time, though.

PC - 41
HHS - 21

Maroons are on a mission.
Coldest place in Kentucky this time of year. :devilflam

Pulaski County 49
Highlands 28
I like the Birds in this one. PC has not played a very good schedule and I feel they are a little over rated because of poor schedule. They only played one team that I would call a very good team and was beat by fair margin. HHS is far from teams of past decade but playing 10 times better than first half of year against good competition. The run on outside against PC will be there for the quicker HHS. PC's good QB and tall WR's are a concern but HHS defense is their strength. Both teams have good kickers and will have to go long field for scores. Turn overs will be huge in this game. I look for high scoring game with Birds winning by 10.
Pulaski Co wins this one 42- 14
64SUR Wrote:Coldest place in Kentucky this time of year. :devilflam

Pulaski County 49
Highlands 28

Nope....that would be Lynch KY!!
Smile

I believe the Maroons will make it again this year, but not by a 21 point margin.

Pulaski in a nail biter by 6.
Maroons by 7.
Pulaski by 13. Them ever playing each other has nothing to do with 2015.
:CheerleadMaroons by a touchdown. Go PC!:Cheerlead
What time does Pulaski County have to leave because I hear there game is at 3pm?
Pulaski County requested that the game be played at 3:00 to make it easier for them and their supporters to travel. Highlands did this last year as well with Lexington Catholic when that game started at 6:00
Many felt 5A was weakest class last year and probably again this year. My question is do we know how good PC or NL are? Both have played terrible schedules. Scott Co is only good team in my opinion and results were not good. Only other teams above 500 are Henry Clay at 7-5, Southwest at 8-4 and NL at 11-2. Glaring loses make you question PC and NL. PC lost to Bourbon Co (yes I know the had 2nd and third string QB, but that does not explain the defense and rest of Offense) and NL lost to Montgomery Co (Who lost to a bad Dixie team who HHS put running clock on). Yes HHS lost early in the year but to SC, Cooper, Ryle, St X, and SK, all teams beat last week or still in playoffs. I have been very critical of HHS this year and rightly so, but I just do not see proof that PC is head and shoulders better. PC might win but I do not see a blow out.
sstack Wrote:Many felt 5A was weakest class last year and probably again this year. My question is do we know how good PC or NL are? Both have played terrible schedules. Scott Co is only good team in my opinion and results were not good. Only other teams above 500 are Henry Clay at 7-5, Southwest at 8-4 and NL at 11-2. Glaring loses make you question PC and NL. PC lost to Bourbon Co (yes I know the had 2nd and third string QB, but that does not explain the defense and rest of Offense) and NL lost to Montgomery Co (Who lost to a bad Dixie team who HHS put running clock on). Yes HHS lost early in the year but to SC, Cooper, Ryle, St X, and SK, all teams beat last week or still in playoffs. I have been very critical of HHS this year and rightly so, but I just do not see proof that PC is head and shoulders better. PC might win but I do not see a blow out.

PC beat Bourbon! With out their QB! It was close but PC found a way to win!
sstack Wrote:Many felt 5A was weakest class last year and probably again this year. My question is do we know how good PC or NL are? Both have played terrible schedules. Scott Co is only good team in my opinion and results were not good. Only other teams above 500 are Henry Clay at 7-5, Southwest at 8-4 and NL at 11-2. Glaring loses make you question PC and NL. PC lost to Bourbon Co (yes I know the had 2nd and third string QB, but that does not explain the defense and rest of Offense) and NL lost to Montgomery Co (Who lost to a bad Dixie team who HHS put running clock on). Yes HHS lost early in the year but to SC, Cooper, Ryle, St X, and SK, all teams beat last week or still in playoffs. I have been very critical of HHS this year and rightly so, but I just do not see proof that PC is head and shoulders better. PC might win but I do not see a blow out.
Did I get knocked in the head or have bad intell? I could have sworn PC won that game, after turning it over 5 times and playing a 3rd string QB, who hadn't even played QB since elementary school. People keep bringing up the Scott County game. You look at scores with PC- HHS from that game and think they were similar. Not even a little. PC was down 1 score in the 4th qtr, before turning it over on downs and giving up a TD. Scott went on to score 2 more TDs late to get the difference. Highlands was dismantled from the opening kick with a running clock in the 2nd qtr. So, you can't even use that game to compare the 2 teams. HHS has play a much tougher schedule but, have been crushed in all of those tough games. Once HHS got to district play, it's schedule was just as weak as PC's. With all that said, these 2 should have a fantastic game. Neither will fear the other, that's for sure.

What? Not many.....refer to Forever Maroon! Just goes to show you anything can, will and does happen in high school football. Schedule has little to do with this, fact is the cream always rises!

Just an example of not knowing your opponent very well. PC had been cruising until the NL game. With multiple starters out in alot of those games but still managed a running clock around halftime. Most starters didnt play the 2nd half of those games also. A Scott Co asst later said PCs offense was even better than advertised. Tou will see all the proof you need I assure you. That being said...I expect a great game in a great environment as it should be. Best of luck. PC 35-27.
In terms of football nobility, it's the "Old Money" (Highlands) versus the "Noveu Riche" (Pulaski County). New money wins this time.
sstack Wrote:I like the Birds in this one. PC has not played a very good schedule and I feel they are a little over rated because of poor schedule. They only played one team that I would call a very good team and was beat by fair margin. HHS is far from teams of past decade but playing 10 times better than first half of year against good competition. The run on outside against PC will be there for the quicker HHS. PC's good QB and tall WR's are a concern but HHS defense is their strength. Both teams have good kickers and will have to go long field for scores. Turn overs will be huge in this game. I look for high scoring game with Birds winning by 10.
Highlands hasn't played good competition in the latter part of the season. knock PC schedule if you want but highlands got blew out by all the good competition they played.
So game at 3? Friday or Sat? Pulaski schedule was ok. I'm not going to under estimate them. But I do know a few years back I wondered who Rockcastle County was. And they showed me by thumping the Birds by about 6 touchdowns.
Changing the game to 3:00 really sux for the ones that wanted to go but have to work!!Just because school is out doesant mean the rest of the world shuts down !!
There is no proof that PC is head and shoulders better. The PC fans I have talked to don't think that. They are just glad knowing they have a chance to beat Highlands, most years them or no one else has that chance. Wish I could see this one, I'm going to say 35-34 PC.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Did I get knocked in the head or have bad intell? I could have sworn PC won that game, after turning it over 5 times and playing a 3rd string QB, who hadn't even played QB since elementary school. People keep bringing up the Scott County game. You look at scores with PC- HHS from that game and think they were similar. Not even a little. PC was down 1 score in the 4th qtr, before turning it over on downs and giving up a TD. Scott went on to score 2 more TDs late to get the difference. Highlands was dismantled from the opening kick with a running clock in the 2nd qtr. So, you can't even use that game to compare the 2 teams. HHS has play a much tougher schedule but, have been crushed in all of those tough games. Once HHS got to district play, it's schedule was just as weak as PC's. With all that said, these 2 should have a fantastic game. Neither will fear the other, that's for sure.

Opps, meant to say surprised at score not that they lost to BC. Did QB out cause the 5 TO's? Did QB out cause D to give up that many points?
Yes PC showed better against SC than HHS, But in end it was a sound defeat. If you are judging HHS by that one game than you are going to see something different. Just ask the Cov Cath faithful. And many have laughed at the fact that Cov Cath victory is seen as a big win because their record is bad. Cov Cath had maybe the toughest schedule in KY and can guarantee PC would have done no better. HHSfor sure are better now, A great team? No. But I feel on same level as PC. I was very critical of this team early but have to admit I am very surprised how much they have improved. Would I be surprised if HHS lost? NO. But also will not be surprised if they win by 10. Going to be a fun game to watch.
I will say this, I have not watched either this year so, I am not certain about this game. What I will say is that Highlands was written off for dead about half way through the season. Someone forgot to still the fork in them while they were down. That is scary, very scary. The reason is, when you have a traditional powerhouse like Highlands, the players grow up expecting ( not wishing) to be winners. Now they have gotten on that roll. It's kind of like that drunk 5'5" dude in the bar that gets liquored up and becomes bullet proof. They now are very confident they can win and unless PC can come in and stick the dagger in them early, they will fight to the end and probably find a way to win.
Jaxkait Wrote:Changing the game to 3:00 really sux for the ones that wanted to go but have to work!!Just because school is out doesant mean the rest of the world shuts down !!

This was very nice of HHS to do for PC. It for sure was not a popular decision by HHS fans.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will say this, I have not watched either this year so, I am not certain about this game. What I will say is that Highlands was written off for dead about half way through the season. Someone forgot to still the fork in them while they were down. That is scary, very scary. The reason is, when you have a traditional powerhouse like Highlands, the players grow up expecting ( not wishing) to be winners. Now they have gotten on that roll. It's kind of like that drunk 5'5" dude in the bar that gets liquored up and becomes bullet proof. They now are very confident they can win and unless PC can come in and stick the dagger in them early, they will fight to the end and probably find a way to win.

I agree with what your saying about HHS growing up expecting to be winners,but what a lot of people are forgetting about these PC seniors is that they have also grown up winning! 7Th grade state Championship,8th grade state championship,9th grade regional runner up's with most of them starting!,10th grade Regional champions and state runner up's with Hall starting QB,11th grade state Championship,12th grade Regional champs and still going! My point is these guys have been winning their entire football life.Their not going to lie down and just let HHS have this one.Im not saying they will blow HHS out by no means I'm just saying this group of seniors go into every game knowing (not wishing)that they are the best team and expect to win!!!!!!
We can only hope PC has 4 or 5 turnovers like Cov Cath did. If that happens. It's the Birds that win for sure. Cov Cath are quitters. Those last 2 touchdowns. They had just quit. They deserved it. They can't beat HHS. Cause they no longer believe they can
bo67 Wrote:We can only hope PC has 4 or 5 turnovers like Cov Cath did. If that happens. It's the Birds that win for sure. Cov Cath are quitters. Those last 2 touchdowns. They had just quit. They deserved it. They can't beat HHS. Cause they no longer believe they can

I see you are a gracious winner.
Well I've seen some good points and bad points made on this thread. I'm expecting a nail biter, and hoping the Maroons take the W. Pulaski's group of seniors have been winning games since middles school. Not just some. A ton. They're conditioned to compete at the highest level, much like Highlands. I love that we can finally compare ourselves to the mighty bluebirds of NKY. No sarcasm, they are winning machines.

Even with HHS's questionable start, this the semi-finals people... All games are going to be close. Just hoping Riley Football and company get the much deserved trip back to the main stage.

Maroons keys to winning:
-Special teams play- (much needed fix from NL)
-Beating blocks/making open field tackles
-Playing thru the petty pain and nagging injuries
-Eat raw meat and gun powder prior to kickoff.

Go Maroons.
I have no doubt that Highlands will be back on top soon, but it won't be this year. Timing is not on their side. This year, it's men versus boys. Pulaski will roll.