Poll: Paintsville Vs. Raceland
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tigers
75.68%
Rams
24.32%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Vs. Raceland
I've picked every 1A East game except Fairview over Raceland. I think Paintsville handles Raceland. Only worry is like Scotty said. Paintsville against Raceland last year and early on this year was very conservative on offense. Too 1 deminsional.
From Bourbon on Paintsville has been a different team distributing the ball between Daniels/Phelps/Trimble w a sprinkle of a couple other kids. If they do that, throw it down the field enough to keep the Rams honest I think Paintsville rolls. If they get to conservative I worry a little. The Rams miss Messer bad. Paintsville's def has been quietly solid this year. Paintsville has to clean up their punt ️game. Tigers have a huge advantage in the return game/field position.
Paintsville can't play the Fairview beat Racelabd ️️game etc. Have to stay hungry!! Senior night for the group that put the Tigers back on the map! I think both teams will show up Fri night! Racelands District until Paintsville proves they can beat them!
Is this the minor league game of the week?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Is this the minor league game of the week?

Ah, the illegitimate son of NotsoBADCAT is really feeling his oats here today folks, getting on everybody else's threads atrash talkin'.Confusednicker:
Well, as if this game hasnt had enough build up since the preseason, I just looked at some things and though Raceland stands at 3rd in the district right now, its not over and this game will STILL decide the district championship.

IF, and its a big one right now, Raceland continues this trend of destroying a fun senior night for the home team, it forces a three way tie and here is the latest run down on how that works, atleast according to the KHSAA, someone correct me if I am wrong.

In a tie-breaker situation, each team selects 4 teams from their schedule, which THEY BEAT. They then recieve 1 point for every WIN those teams have. So, if the Rams can beat Paintsville, here is how it will run down, assuming Fairview beats Lewis Co (highly likely) and Paintsville beats Shelby Valley (not a 100% that it will happen, will be more than likely it will). Raceland will need to beat Russell as well. But...if all that happens, here we go:

Fairview recieves 23 points for beating Hazard, LCA, Lawrence Co, and Raceland.

Paintsville recieves 22 for beating Pikeville, Fairview, Bourbon Co, and Shelby Valley

Raceland recieves 26 for beating West Carter, Lawrence County, Paintsville and Russell.

Remember this all hinges on Raceland and Fairview winning out their regular seasons and Paintsville losing to Raceland and Beating Shelby Valley.

Now, that sheds some perspective on how important this weeks Raceland/Paintsville game is. If things go the way I have stated (and I say theres about a 60/40 shot that Paintsville beats Raceland, based on matchups), but if the Rams manage a win, then, on tie breakers:

Raceland wins the district.
Fairview takes number 2
Paintsville at NINE AND FREAKING 1 would take number 3.

Imo, over all schedule would be the fairest thing, but, with the system in place, this is how it would break down i believe.
I don't think you can count the district games.
If Paintsville loses, it will be to Pikeville. Like i said, its hard to beat any team (let alone a team of their caliber) 3 times consecutively. BUT, at the same time Paintsville has been under stated in these prediction forums alot as well. People predicting paintsville to beat pikeville earlier this year were few and far between, then look what happened. Alot even said the tigers would likely get beaten by williamsburg and or possibly fairview and it never happened. People are too reluctant to give Paintsville any credit, while at tge same time placing pikeville on a mile high pedastool as if they havent been beaten at all. Paintsville will beat raceland comfortably and i look for them to take pikeville again. It's been a long time coming for the Tigers, and they have their eyes on the prize
washed up Wrote:I don't think you can count the district games.

According to the KHSAA it is decided by ALL TEAMS played EXCEPT for the teams that are considered in the tie. So Paintsville couldnt count Fairview, Fairview couldnt count Raceland and Raceland couldnt beat Paintsville (IF the seemingly unimaginable happened).

Either way, it makes this fridays game that much more intense. Though I dont think anyone in this district loses in the first round and one of them will be playing for the region, and quite possibly two of them.
Tigers by 14. Looks like Paintsville and Pikeville marching to a showdown. But last year it was Pikeville and Williamsburg marching to a showdown. We all remember Jetpilot being shot down taken prisoner of war.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Well, as if this game hasnt had enough build up since the preseason, I just looked at some things and though Raceland stands at 3rd in the district right now, its not over and this game will STILL decide the district championship.

IF, and its a big one right now, Raceland continues this trend of destroying a fun senior night for the home team, it forces a three way tie and here is the latest run down on how that works, atleast according to the KHSAA, someone correct me if I am wrong.

In a tie-breaker situation, each team selects 4 teams from their schedule, which THEY BEAT. They then recieve 1 point for every WIN those teams have. So, if the Rams can beat Paintsville, here is how it will run down, assuming Fairview beats Lewis Co (highly likely) and Paintsville beats Shelby Valley (not a 100% that it will happen, will be more than likely it will). Raceland will need to beat Russell as well. But...if all that happens, here we go:

Paintsville recieves 22 for beating Pikeville, Fairview, Bourbon Co, and Shelby Valley

Raceland recieves 26 for beating West Carter, Lawrence County, Paintsville and Russell.

Remember this all hinges on Raceland and Fairview winning out their regular seasons and Paintsville losing to Raceland and Beating Shelby Valley.

Now, that sheds some perspective on how important this weeks Raceland/Paintsville game is. If things go the way I have stated (and I say theres about a 60/40 shot that Paintsville beats Raceland, based on matchups), but if the Rams manage a win, then, on tie breakers:

Fairview takes number 2

Imo, over all schedule would be the fairest thing, but, with the system in place, this is how it would break down i believe.

Fairview lost to lawrence co! Fairview would be third
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Well, as if this game hasnt had enough build up since the preseason, I just looked at some things and though Raceland stands at 3rd in the district right now, its not over and this game will STILL decide the district championship.

Fairview takes number 2

How exactly does Fairview get points for beating Lawrence when they got hammered by them? :eyeroll:
My mistake boys. Take me off the cross now!!! Lol. Im goina retire until tomorrow afternoon when my head is on straighter.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:My mistake boys. Take me off the cross now!!! Lol. Im goina retire until tomorrow afternoon when my head is on straighter.

will let it slide this time......everybody gets 1. :Thumbs:
If Raceland beats Paintsville then they are either 1 or 2.
I hope I am wrong but after seeing how Paintsville physically manhandled Fairview thing don't look good this week. Paintsville is going to come out smelling blood and this one could get ugly. Raceland will have to play the game of their lives to stay in it but I don't see the Rams leaving with the W.

Paintsville 40
Raceland. 18
All season long, I've wondered why everyone thinks Paintsville will beat Raceland this year. Kash Daniel Paintsville teams haven't ever come close to Raceland.

Reality this year, though, is that Raceland is one miracle at Lawrence County away from being a very mediocre 4-4 team while Paintsville is an undefeated WWE-style interviewing team with tons of confidence and swagger. I'm sure Paintsville will smell the blood of the Rams as they enter the field Friday night. This is their chance to make them pay for the past few beatdowns that Raceland has delivered to the Tigers.

The biggest question to me in this one is does Raceland have the heart to fight back? I am not sure based on what I've seen of the Rams this season.
Could be some key injuries for the Rams this week possibly have 3 starters out
In all honesty, I just can not get a grip around why we can not be consistent. This team is loaded with what SHOULD BE great leadership. Almost 30 kids in the Jr and Sr classes, several of which are 2-4 year starters, leadership should not be an issue. Yet those are the kids making bonehead mistakes and penalties.

Why we can not be the explosive team that played to within a TD of Valley and scored 3 offensive TDs in under 2 minutes against Portsmouth West. That, to me, as a former player, alumn, and football fan in general, is very disapointing.

So much I simply can not understand with this team. But it is what it is. Hopefully we can pull the upset this week. If not, this is a very disapointing season.
Paintsville 28-14
E's Army Wrote:Tigers by 14. Looks like Paintsville and Pikeville marching to a showdown. But last year it was Pikeville and Williamsburg marching to a showdown. We all remember Jetpilot being shot down taken prisoner of war.

Dude I am honored that you just can't ever seem to get me off your mind.Confusednicker:

Raceland has been unimpressive all year and they are staring a beatdown in the face this Friday. But I think they regroup and keep it somewhat respectable. Paintsville 38, Raceland 20.
Fairview beat bath county and they have several wins i think six. Lca. Hazard. Raceland. And bath, should be enough points for Fairview to be district champs if rams find a way to beat the tigers
64SUR Wrote:Paintsville will be to much for Raceland at home pay back is **** I know for sure. Two weeks off will hurt in 1st quarter for Paintsville and then turned out the lights.

Paintsville 49
Raceland 13

:truestory:

I would have thought my prediction would fire some some posters up.....Guessed I was wrong. :popcorn:
Fairview could and should have 28points in tie break. Hazard 8 wins. Lca 8 wins, bath 6 wins, and if raceland wins 6 wins. That would be more than paintsville and raceland and secure district championship for eagles
Raceland doesn't count in the point system set up. You will count Bath, Hazard, LCA, East Carter and Lewis if you beat them.
scrappy coco Wrote:Fairview could and should have 28points in tie break. Hazard 8 wins. Lca 8 wins, bath 6 wins, and if raceland wins 6 wins. That would be more than paintsville and raceland and secure district championship for eagles

Gentlemen, i wouldn't count on raceland beating paintsville without numerous penalties in their favor and the game of their lives. No tie this year
scrappy coco Wrote:Fairview could and should have 28points in tie break. Hazard 8 wins. Lca 8 wins, bath 6 wins, and if raceland wins 6 wins. That would be more than paintsville and raceland and secure district championship for eagles

No offense to Fairview but they don't deserve to win the district after the beating they took from Paintsville. Paintsville is playing on a different level than Raceland and Fairview and it is their district to lose.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Is this the minor league game of the week?

You must be talking about the Ashland game ?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Could be some key injuries for the Rams this week possibly have 3 starters out

I love this, it's already started. The key injury stuff, at least the strength of schedule and transfer talk will live throughout the season :flame:
Raceland beats Paintsville, 3 way tie.. Rams become #1, district champs.
TigerBlues Wrote:I love this, it's already started. The key injury stuff, at least the strength of schedule and transfer talk will live throughout the season :flame:

Tiger your a dbag , just trying to give some info .. But yes senior 3 yesr starter #11 very well could miss this game , starting corner #19 most likely will miss this game and 2 year starter d end # 57 who didn't play against fairview might be out . And hell yes those are KEY players u moron
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Tiger your a dbag , just trying to give some info .. But yes senior 3 yesr starter #11 very well could miss this game , starting corner #19 most likely will miss this game and 2 year starter d end # 57 who didn't play against fairview might be out . And hell yes those are KEY players u moron
And your gonna find out how important strength of schedule is after Raceland beats Paintsville and Paintsville ends up THIRD because of their weak $ss schedule
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next