Poll: Paintsville Vs. Raceland
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tigers
75.68%
Rams
24.32%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Vs. Raceland
Thoughts and predictions:devilflam
Raceland has their hands full, that's much is for sure.
Rough outcome for Raceland tonight, but not fooled by the score. If the Tigers don't play up to par they could be in the same situation next Friday. Much respect for the Raceland program, but ill give Paintsville by 14+ where they stand
tigers by eleventy billionConfusednicker:
raceland is done. all about the villes
Taking Paintsville in this game but I don't think the Rams will go quietly. Tigers 35 Rams 21.
Raceland will refocus and get back on track.
must win game for rams
The rams probably overlooked fairview a little bit. every game is different. i think raceland will bounce back and be fine. this entire year has proven any team can get beat on a friday night. every team that comes off a bye week is horrible the next game.
Tigers by a lot
scrappy coco Wrote:tigers by eleventy billionConfusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Raceland will get focused after a loss like that and they'll be pissed off coming into the game Friday. But will it matter? No. Paintsville by 2 TDs.
I took most of last night off of here to gather my thoughts and composure. I still dont have much to say about last night, other than we were outcoached, out played, and just flat out beat. I have preached all year that we were putting things together, slowly but surely. Last night we looked like the same team that barely scratched out wins over West Carter and Greenup. A far cry from the team that played Lawrence Co, Portsmouth West, r Valley. We tackled poorly, missed assignments, and just over all looked poor.

With that said, we will match up a little better against the Tigers than we did Fairview. The Eagles just flat out whipped us with their passing attack, plain and simple, but we made stupid mistakes that killed drives (something we havent done much if this year). This is a MUST win for the Rams. Which I think makes us come out more focused and determined. I may get cruisified and I hope I am dead wrong, but I am a realist, I am a huge Raceland fan and supporter and by no means do I want to see the Tigers win this game. But I am not a liar or not one to sugar coat things, so here's my prediction. Like I said I hope my Rams shock me and turn things around this week and prove my big ass wrong! But....

Paintsville 38
Raceland 25

Paintsville pulls away late at home. Like I said, I hope I am dead wrong. I have full faith that these kids can do it and can still put things together and make a run. Im just not so sure their is a proven leader to step up and take the reigns like the seniors did last year and get things in line. That, imo, is the biggest issue with this team. I love my Rams and will cheer, root, and support them until the day I die, but Im just being realistic. Good luck to both groups. Still smh about last night. Dont have a whole lot else to say.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I took most of last night off of here to gather my thoughts and composure. I still dont have much to say about last night, other than we were outcoached, out played, and just flat out beat. I have preached all year that we were putting things together, slowly but surely. Last night we looked like the same team that barely scratched out wins over West Carter and Greenup. A far cry from the team that played Lawrence Co, Portsmouth West, r Valley. We tackled poorly, missed assignments, and just over all looked poor.

With that said, we will match up a little better against the Tigers than we did Fairview. The Eagles just flat out whipped us with their passing attack, plain and simple, but we made stupid mistakes that killed drives (something we havent done much if this year). This is a MUST win for the Rams. Which I think makes us come out more focused and determined. I may get cruisified and I hope I am dead wrong, but I am a realist, I am a huge Raceland fan and supporter and by no means do I want to see the Tigers win this game. But I am not a liar or not one to sugar coat things, so here's my prediction. Like I said I hope my Rams shock me and turn things around this week and prove my big ass wrong! But....

Paintsville 38
Raceland 25

Paintsville pulls away late at home. Like I said, I hope I am dead wrong. I have full faith that these kids can do it and can still put things together and make a run. Im just not so sure their is a proven leader to step up and take the reigns like the seniors did last year and get things in line. That, imo, is the biggest issue with this team. I love my Rams and will cheer, root, and support them until the day I die, but Im just being realistic. Good luck to both groups. Still smh about last night. Dont have a whole lot else to say.
hold your head up scotty. we enjoy your analysis of all the games . you always know what your talking about. (except for last night). all year we have said what a great and tough district these three teams are in and all I can say is raceland fell victim to a tough district schedule
I dont feel its likely, but the way this season has gone, there is a possibility of a 3 way tie for the district. If that ends up the case, Does anyone know what the tie breaker would be?

Ive never seen a season where so many games were incorrectly predicted and so many games come down to matchups. Ie: Lawrence blasts Fairview, Raceland beats LC, LC hangs with Belfry, Belfry thumps Pikeville, Paintsville Beats Pikeville, Fairview beats Raceland. This has been the most up and down year i have ever seen. So many Jekyll and Hyde teams.
I've gotten all my predictions right.
Paintsville will be to much for Raceland at home pay back is **** I know for sure. Two weeks off will hurt in 1st quarter for Paintsville and then turned out the lights.

Paintsville 49
Raceland 13

:truestory:
Already made my predication.. Where u at football nut?Confusednicker:
Paintsville fairly comfortably. Noone in the east of 1a is in Paintsville, or Pikeville league. Was hoping the Raceland hype was for real, but it was not. Might as well fast forward to the semis. It will be Pikeville vs Paintsville. Book it.
BigMelon63 Wrote:I've gotten all my predictions right.

So you predicted a Fairview win?
I didn't predict a score in that game.
scrappy coco Wrote:tigers by eleventy billionConfusednicker:

Get your own material
All Fairview did was wake a sleeping giant.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:All Fairview did was wake a sleeping giant.

Named Paintsville :Cheerlead
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:All Fairview did was wake a sleeping giant.

I sure hope you are right. I just watched the game again and honestly, it was our secondary being suspect, on the two TD passes in the first half, we had good coverage, they were just spot on, perfectly thrown balls. The winning TD, came from us not being able to tackle Roy. I think we really missed Morgan Carmen last night. Manis did a good job against the run, but he doesnt have the quickness Morgan does in the rush.

Nathaniel threw a freaking georgious pass to Austin Howard to give us our first lead of the ball game. He had a few nice throws to the flats, but the drag and cross route passes were way off the mark. Why we ever go away from running off tackle when we are gaining almost 9 yards a carry there, is beyond me.

The loss in the Fview game falls on our lack of a pass rush (which has been great all year and shen we got to him, it forced him to make long or short throws), suspect play calling inside the 30 yard line, and DUMB BONEHEAD, "dont like that they are winning" personal fouls. The PI call and the running into the kicker calls dont bother me that much, simply because they were effort mistakes. There were also a couple of times that it looked like we would have a pick 6 (3 that I can remember), but it seemed we didnt make the jump on the ball, due to a fear of pissing the pick and getting burnt. Do I think we could have played straight up bump and run with them? No, but we were playing 10-12 yards off of them and all they did was run their routes to with in 5-10 yards of our corners and turn around. You dont need a run game when you have sure handed recievers like Fairview does.

If we come out like we did last night at Paintsville, we will get beat similar to how Paintsville beat Fairview. If we come out and play like we did at Lawrence, Valley, and Portsmouth West, we will be right in the mix to knock of the Roaring Tigers. But more times than not this year, we have been off the mark when it comes to so many aspects. So its hard to think we will.
scrappy coco Wrote:hold your head up scotty. we enjoy your analysis of all the games . you always know what your talking about. (except for last night). all year we have said what a great and tough district these three teams are in and all I can say is raceland fell victim to a tough district schedule

Amen, Amen, and an Amen!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Amen, Amen, and an Amen!!

Thanks Bob. Lets all build a cyber fire pit, drink somethin from a mason jar and listen to some CCR! Lol. Last nights loss couldnt have hit me any harder if I was the Washington kid when he got absolutely laid out by Jon Cherry. Hats off to that kid from coming back in and winning it for the Eagles. Gutsy performance. The Romine kid impressed me as well.
This district is really special. I cant remember a time when you had potentially 3 division 1 kids in the same district at the 1A level. Kash, obviously. Roy (i think he will at least recieve an offer from a small d1 school), and Isaac Wallace (hasnt had the year I thought he would but he has tremendous upside). Then you have kids like Snyder, Walker, Washington, Phelps, Trimble, the list seemingly goes on for days, that may not be D1 caliber, but man they are some really good football players. Most tallent I can remember in a Raceland district since the 08 district had Tyler Boyles, Sabastian Johanssen (currently a starter for Marshall), John Scott Carver (significant role player at Georgetown), Brett Denton, Robbie Logan (2 year starter at Georgetown) all from Raceland, then Lucas Whitt (ppayed baseball at UK), Dominique Hayden (had a great career at Thomas Moore), and their TE was special that year as well though his name escapes me, and Brandon Burdette (sp?).
Raceland had problems with Brown from West Baker from Ashland and Washington from Fairview. Raceland meet Kent Phelps.
washed up Wrote:Raceland had problems with Brown from West Baker from Ashland and Washington from Fairview. Raceland meet Kent Phelps.

1. Baker Torched us. No doubt about it, but he has done it to everyone else as well.

2. Brown had a 60 yard TD run in the first half and finished with 56 total yards rushing, so outside of that run, he managed -4 yards rushing (wouldnt say we struggled with him).

3. Washington gave us fits, but not by flying down the field or as a RB. It was Roy that hurt us the most with his quick release.

4. Kent Phelps is a great RB, but Q Baker he is not, but probably better over all than Brown and has a better line and supporting cast.

We have our work cut out for us, but I think we match up better with Paintsville, bc even though Kash has a friggin cannon, they have never used him as a major threat throwing the football. If I am anyone else playing us from here on out, I spread us out wnd try throwing the ball against us. We can stop/contain the run, we cover pretty well on deep passes. We struggle like hell with the intermediate passing game though. Idk what to expect out of us from friday to friday.
  • 1(current)
  • Next