Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#10 Leslie County @ Shelby Valley 10/16 District Tittle Game
It will be a great game Leslie in a close one
Leslie has a lot of weapons both teams defense will have a tough game
Leslie plays almost 20+ players on defense. So if that tells you anything loseing one player most likely isn't going to hurt them at all.... Unless it was #7.....
No difference in those 20 kids? That is amazing. They are definitely the deepest team in the region.
4ever witness Wrote:Leslie plays almost 20+ players on defense. So if that tells you anything loseing one player most likely isn't going to hurt them at all.... Unless it was #7.....

What does loseing consist of?
pjdoug Wrote:What does loseing consist of?

I'm sure you were tops in your class in grammar, right pjdoug?? If we need any grammatical lessons we'll just call up Big Dawg Small Yard..Confusedhh: Just kidding..
Anyway, Leslie lost a safety for 2 games in the incident. #85. Doesn't play offense at all..

Leslie will be just fine... Gonna be a great atmosphere and a really great game in my opinion.
Leslie County - 27

Shelby Valley - 21
I think this game will be defensive battle. With that being said, I like Leslie County in this game, simply due to their depth. The Eagles physically wore Prestonsburg down, because the Blackcats outplayed the Eagles during the first three quarters, only to get hammered in the fourth. Realistically, this game could go either way, but I am sticking with the Eagles, winning by a score of 17-7. Good luck to both teams.
Defensive Battle. Leslie by 7 14-7
Shelby Valley 33 Leslie 20
Valley 18 to 10
Leslie 34 valley 21
Shelby Valley 28
Leslie County 14
Valley at home wins this one. Rowe,Tackett.and Hampton all have big games. 28 - 14
Leslie by 7 and Whitaker with another big game.C.J. Sebastian played a very good defensive game against Prestonsburg.Leslie's defense and depth may be the key in this game.
Shelby Valley and Leslie County have three common opponents this year:

1) Magoffin Co. = SV wins 42-7, Leslie wins 44-0 (both at home)

2) Betsy Layne = SV wins 56-0, Leslie wins 43-0 (both at home)

3) Prestonsburg = SV wins 12-7, Leslie wins 30-20 (both on the road)

These three scores basically look like a wash. By all accounts, this looks like a battle between two evenly matched teams.

Anyone from any of these three schools that can make a prediction based on seeing both SV and Leslie play against their team?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Shelby Valley 28
Leslie County 14

Blackcat, you've seen both teams play P-Burg over the last couple weeks. Both games the Blackcats led at halftime, both games the road team took over in the second half to get the win.

These teams seem pretty even based on comparing scores. I figured on a close game, one that could be decided by extra points/conversions.

As such, I am definitely intrigued by your prediction of a 2-TD win for Valley. Where do you see SV having an advantage to result in a comfortable win?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leslie will have the edge with their depth and the kicking game I don't see Shelby Valley able to hang with them late in the second half
Picking LC by 6
Kicking game
Depth
Defense
More Cowbell Wrote:Blackcat, you've seen both teams play P-Burg over the last couple weeks. Both games the Blackcats led at halftime, both games the road team took over in the second half to get the win.

These teams seem pretty even based on comparing scores. I figured on a close game, one that could be decided by extra points/conversions.

As such, I am definitely intrigued by your prediction of a 2-TD win for Valley. Where do you see SV having an advantage to result in a comfortable win?

Depth was the problem for Prestonsburg in both games. This was the only game i seen Leslie play this year, but it was as i thought, you stop Whitaker you stop Leslie. I think Valley has enough horses to keep Whitaker contained.
We kept him contained for most of the game, but he took over late 3rd and in the 4th. Leslie seemed to have trouble stopping the run of Prestonsburg as we had over 300 yards rushing with 2 players over 100 yards. Valley on the other hand held us to under 100 yards as a team.
I feel Valley's 3 headed monster of Hampton, Rowe, and Tackett will have a field day on the Leslie defense. I also think if Leslie falls behind and tries to air it out Whitaker will force the issue at times. If he does Wright, Layne, and Elswick will be there to make him pay.
Valley will control the ball and clock on offense. I think the defense will get pressure on Whitaker and make him force plays and make mistakes. I think Valley will capitalize on those mistakes and pull away by 2 scores. If they get Whitaker rattled and can contain him it could be more, but i feel he makes some plays in this game and keeps it within 2 scores.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Depth was the problem for Prestonsburg in both games. This was the only game i seen Leslie play this year, but it was as i thought, you stop Whitaker you stop Leslie. I think Valley has enough horses to keep Whitaker contained.
We kept him contained for most of the game, but he took over late 3rd and in the 4th. Leslie seemed to have trouble stopping the run of Prestonsburg as we had over 300 yards rushing with 2 players over 100 yards. Valley on the other hand held us to under 100 yards as a team.
I feel Valley's 3 headed monster of Hampton, Rowe, and Tackett will have a field day on the Leslie defense. I also think if Leslie falls behind and tries to air it out Whitaker will force the issue at times. If he does Wright, Layne, and Elswick will be there to make him pay.
Valley will control the ball and clock on offense. I think the defense will get pressure on Whitaker and make him force plays and make mistakes. I think Valley will capitalize on those mistakes and pull away by 2 scores. If they get Whitaker rattled and can contain him it could be more, but i feel he makes some plays in this game and keeps it within 2 scores.

Thanks for the analysis. I know a lot of posters on here have mentioned Leslie's depth as being the key factor why they will win, but I don't see it being an issue. The way Valley plays is a slow, methodical, ball control offense that eats up clock and keeps their defense on the sidelines. If either team's defense would be in danger of wearing down, I would think it would be Leslie's. In any case, I don't see Leslie's depth being any advantage whatsoever.

I also didn't know that P-Burg ran for over 300 yards in that game. If Leslie's rush defense is weak, that plays right into Shelby Valley's hands. On the flip side, though, P-Burg was able to attack SV through the air and get some big plays that way. SV's defense may struggle to control Leslie's passing attack.

The more I think about it, this may be a shootout. First one to 35 points wins... :rockon:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Depth was the problem for Prestonsburg in both games. This was the only game i seen Leslie play this year, but it was as i thought, you stop Whitaker you stop Leslie. I think Valley has enough horses to keep Whitaker contained.

Big Plays... The two 100 yard rushes had half their yards, in a big play. Frasure had a 40-50 yard run. And Little did the same. Other than that it was 2 yards 3 yards 3 yards 4 yards and in the 3rd and 4th quarters it was 0 yards 1 yard 0 yards fumble fumble. Stats are real numbers and can be deceiving. On the other hand Leslie's offense left a lot of points out on the field, a lot of just missed passes and drops.. This will be a great game in my opinion.

I think your break down is pretty accurate, I think the winnner of this game is who forces turnovers. Could be Whitaker throwing interceptions, or valley fumbles..... Either way I thinks going to be a great game