•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Lawrence County 10/2
Idc who they started 400 yards is 400 yards
Reminder, I've got a pocket full of green backs. I'll give you 5 to 1 L. C. Scores Moore than five points. What say you?
Reminder, I've got a pocket full of green backs. I'll give you 5 to 1 L. C. Scores Moore than five points. What say you? 7 points sorry.:okay:
LCDOG 87 Wrote:I don't think I'm get my point across are coaches started and played 2 freshmen 3 sophomore when they could started the old big guy 4th quarter they played a mixture of the to and stopped gc

More excuses...
Lol no betting for this cat I learned my lesson few years ago on Ashland Ironton game anything can happen under Friday night lights. I'm just giving an unbiased opinion I wish u guys would thump Raceland but don't see it happening.
Lol no excuse here just pointing out are starters have not started on defense you will that till district coaches are giving younger play experience making them better player now I do think and I have said on here this is going to be a great game I think raceland is good I think a lot of coach salmons known since he was little kid I hope make it to state I also think we are better than want coaches have shown to this point
Bottom line gc ran the ball around 60 times against lc, than ran the ball 14 times against the rams. Lc offensive put 3 touchdowns on the board on the road, the rams put up 1 touchdown at home. Now even you ram fan must admit it is harder to win on the road than at home.
Just kidding anyway reminder, just seeing how you would come back. To the post. Hahahaha:oooo:
Yards don't equal points. Lawrence did give up a lot of yards; but they still only allowed 2 touchdown's and shut out Greenup County for 3 quarters.
LCDOG 87 Wrote:Lol no excuse here just pointing out are starters have not started on defense you will that till district coaches are giving younger play experience making them better player now I do think and I have said on here this is going to be a great game I think raceland is good I think a lot of coach salmons known since he was little kid I hope make it to state I also think we are better than want coaches have shown to this point

This strategy doesn't make much sense. I was alway under the impression that non-district games were supposed to prepare the starters for district play so they can peak at the right time. I understand wanting to give young guys some experience but how does sitting your best players for half of the season make the team better?
Ramcat77 Wrote:According to the paper, Greenup had 492 yards on 69 carries, that's eye opening for sure.

492........LOL if they got 492 then we had 1492. At no point did Greenup have an answer for our run game. We had way more rushing yards then they did.
Dawgfan123 Wrote:Just kidding anyway reminder, just seeing how you would come back. To the post. Hahahaha:oooo:

Lol I live for the smack talk! :argue:
Orange Blaze Wrote:This strategy doesn't make much sense. I was alway under the impression that non-district games were supposed to prepare the starters for district play so they can peak at the right time. I understand wanting to give young guys some experience but how does sitting your best players for half of the season make the team better?

What he is trying to say is most of our Big experienced guys are on the offensive line. We have a small package for pass defense and big for run and goal line situations. Just about every player on the offensive line is also a defensive lineman. Coach to this point is trying to only play people one way but now that we are in the tough part of our schedule he will have no choice. That small line he is playing is very young with freshman and sophomores. Our offensive line is all juniors and seniors and they are huge.
grim_reminder Wrote:Lol I live for the smack talk! :argue:

Me too........when you see some worth reading on here give me a call.
:zzz:
Didn't say the old guy weren't playing they are being put in. In the red zone to stop team from scoring they are being rotate in one or at time with younger guy
Do-double-gg Wrote:492........LOL if they got 492 then we had 1492. At no point did Greenup have an answer for our run game. We had way more rushing yards then they did.
actually gc did have twice as much yardage as lc but it was mostly in the 1st half and between the the twenty yard lines. lc subs every play on defense and who subs depends on down and distance. lc treats all of these pre-district games as scrimmage games. 1st half gc ran some serious mis-direction that lc had trouble stopping. 2nd half lc made adjustments shut out gc.
What's the beef? If they got to thousand yards, they only scored 15. Hahahaha:trolldad:
LCDOG 87 Wrote:Lol no excuse here just pointing out are starters have not started on defense you will that till district coaches are giving younger play experience making them better player now I do think and I have said on here this is going to be a great game I think raceland is good I think a lot of coach salmons known since he was little kid I hope make it to state I also think we are better than want coaches have shown to this point

Just because you think they should start doesn't make them starters maybe just maybe they guy who gets paid to make those decisions you know they call him coach doesn't agree with your opinion and starts who he thinks is better
Greenup also faced a Nathaniel Davidson at about 70%. The Valley game was the healthiest he's been since week 1. You do the math...218 all purpose yards and 3 TDs, over a hundred both by ground and by air. A healthy Davidson puts him back to being a dual threat that must be accounted for, which softens the coverage on our slot recievers and our Y. Raceland is a different animal with him healthy and he still isnt even at 100% again.
Do-double-gg Wrote:What he is trying to say is most of our Big experienced guys are on the offensive line. We have a small package for pass defense and big for run and goal line situations. Just about every player on the offensive line is also a defensive lineman. Coach to this point is trying to only play people one way but now that we are in the tough part of our schedule he will have no choice. That small line he is playing is very young with freshman and sophomores. Our offensive line is all juniors and seniors and they are huge.

We don't have the depth of big guys like some 3A teams do, but some of the ones we do have are huge and very good at what they do like #78 (Sr) Ratliff, kid is huge and strong as an ox. With Raceland being a 1A school I'm sure you have some lineman that play both ways some years. Coach Cecil to this point of the season is playing as many people one way as possible. He keeps the big guys on the sideline on defense until they are absolutely needed, usually when the other team gets in the red zone or close to it. When this happens you will see a wholesale line change on the defense. That is why Greenup got so many rushing yards yet so little points. He would put the run stop line in and the Greenup drive would stall. That is why one of the Greenup posters on the score thread was asking, why on every drive when his team would get close to scoring they would start passing. The reason is because our big line came in and the running would get shut down at the line of scrimmage or a loss in the backfield.
Coaches are trying keep everyone health not play them only if need them not playing them both way ain't no way a good freshman starts over great athletic senior they played them as they need them so far some of them have been banged up
We haven't seen Lawrence Co's best ball yet. They haven't had their whole team on the field yet. The potential on offense is flat scary. I think a big key is getting Schaffer involved in the passing game. He's one of the best pass catching tight ends around. If the start putting the ball in his hands more it's going to create 1 on 1's with the Dalton's, Chaffins, Kazee etc. This team has crazy talent at the skill positions. Mosley/Kiser run well enough that it's going to be hard for anybody to match up once they are all clicking.
Flip side to that Raceland manhandled LC last year. LC better not come in cocky because the Rams are always well coached and solid up front! Should be a great matchup!
Do-double-gg Wrote:We don't have the depth of big guys like some 3A teams do, but some of the ones we do have are huge and very good at what they do like #78 (Sr) Ratliff, kid is huge and strong as an ox. With Raceland being a 1A school I'm sure you have some lineman that play both ways some years. Coach Cecil to this point of the season is playing as many people one way as possible. He keeps the big guys on the sideline on defense until they are absolutely needed, usually when the other team gets in the red zone or close to it. When this happens you will see a wholesale line change on the defense. That is why Greenup got so many rushing yards yet so little points. He would put the run stop line in and the Greenup drive would stall. That is why one of the Greenup posters on the score thread was asking, why on every drive when his team would get close to scoring they would start passing. The reason is because our big line came in and the running would get shut down at the line of scrimmage or a loss in the backfield.
Yes Raceland has lineman who play both ways but not all and the ones who do are in a rotation to get breaks even though Raceland has 65 kids you have to try and keep your best 11 on the field as much as possible
LCDOG 87 Wrote:Coaches are trying keep everyone health not play them only if need them not playing them both way ain't no way a good freshman starts over great athletic senior they played them as they need them so far some of them have been banged up

Just give it up LCDOG, apparently some just can't wrap their heads around the concept of a platoon system with a defensive line, or a run stop verses pass stop package witch is exactly what coach Cecil is trying to do. I didn't even get it at first when he started doing it in the Boyd Co game. As we played more games I started to notice the pattern of how he was using one line in between the 20's and then a whole other one for the red zone. It has worked to this point for the most part of keeping people out of the end zone. I would say as we are getting into the beef of our schedule, we will start to see the bigger more experienced kids on the field a whole lot more. With rushing teams like Raceland and Belfry, you probably wont see that small quick line except in situations like 3rd or 4th and long and sure pass situations.
No excuse coaches to this point have been smart on play time working on younger guys we many need them later and now they got play time under their belts now when they come in in a big game they will not nervous or scared and they will know what to do
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Yes Raceland has lineman who play both ways but not all and the ones who do are in a rotation to get breaks even though Raceland has 65 kids you have to try and keep your best 11 on the field as much as possible

I agree 100%. I noticed that We have been working somethings in the offensive line as well. Our power package is something we havent really used much. I think you will see it more as the weather turns cooler and the games will start to slow down a bit in regaurds to the lace of our offense.

In reference to Blaze's confusion, I am also in agreement. Predistrict games should allow you to focus on fine tuning, facing opponents better or atleast similar to, what you will see in district play/post season. Imo, the only teams on LCs schedule that csn do that are Montgomery Co and Raceland. No one else is anywhere remotely close to competition they need to see. And speaking in terms of their offensive "potential", imo they need to be getting these kids used to playing together. I know T. Dalton has been banged up and R. Dalton just became eligible, but like I said in regaurds to Raceland's offense before the Valley game, is if you dont atleast have your system figured out and rotations down by weeks 4 and 5, your in trouble.

This has happened over the last few years in Lawrence County. Going into the Raceland game we always here about how great Timmy is, how much incredible potential the offense has, how many weapons, how big they are upfront and since LC's 38-35 win (due to i believe 3 or 4 Raceland turnovers...BUT LC had to force those TOs so im not giving excuses), its been the same deal. After the Raceland game, LC goes on a downward slide, gets smacked by Belfry in the regular season, then gives them a ball game for 2 or even 3 quarters of their post season matchup, only to lose heavily anyway. Im not knocking LC, always loved and respected their program, and Jarred Parker was my WR coach in HS, but its hard to ignore that pattern and i believe it all comes down to coaching. There are better guys in their staff this year so maybe that makes a difference. Otherwise, I expect a close game, or Raceland by 2-4 scores and history releats itself for the Bulldogs.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Yes Raceland has lineman who play both ways but not all and the ones who do are in a rotation to get breaks even though Raceland has 65 kids you have to try and keep your best 11 on the field as much as possible

Yes if it's a very close game or if your behind, but why do that if you'r winning or have a crew that is good at stopping the pass and another one that is good at stopping the run. The only reason to keep every single starter and all the best on the field as much as possible is to run the score up. With that you get kids getting tired and exhausted and when you get that injuries aren't very far behind. This Lawrence County team has a pretty good size roster and skill players out the wazoo, but one place we are a little thin is with experienced lineman with good size so we save em whenever we can. No one wants to be stuck in the middle of district play or the playoffs dwelling on what if we had this guy or that guy back.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree 100%. I noticed that We have been working somethings in the offensive line as well. Our power package is something we havent really used much. I think you will see it more as the weather turns cooler and the games will start to slow down a bit in regaurds to the lace of our offense.

In reference to Blaze's confusion, I am also in agreement. Predistrict games should allow you to focus on fine tuning, facing opponents better or atleast similar to, what you will see in district play/post season. Imo, the only teams on LCs schedule that csn do that are Montgomery Co and Raceland. No one else is anywhere remotely close to competition they need to see. And speaking in terms of their offensive "potential", imo they need to be getting these kids used to playing together. I know T. Dalton has been banged up and R. Dalton just became eligible, but like I said in regaurds to Raceland's offense before the Valley game, is if you dont atleast have your system figured out and rotations down by weeks 4 and 5, your in trouble.

This has happened over the last few years in Lawrence County. Going into the Raceland game we always here about how great Timmy is, how much incredible potential the offense has, how many weapons, how big they are upfront and since LC's 38-35 win (due to i believe 3 or 4 Raceland turnovers...BUT LC had to force those TOs so im not giving excuses), its been the same deal. After the Raceland game, LC goes on a downward slide, gets smacked by Belfry in the regular season, then gives them a ball game for 2 or even 3 quarters of their post season matchup, only to lose heavily anyway. Im not knocking LC, always loved and respected their program, and Jarred Parker was my WR coach in HS, but its hard to ignore that pattern and i believe it all comes down to coaching. There are better guys in their staff this year so maybe that makes a difference. Otherwise, I expect a close game, or Raceland by 2-4 scores and history releats itself for the Bulldogs.

^This is what we do with the defensive line.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Yes if it's a very close game or if your behind, but why do that if you'r winning or have a crew that is good at stopping the pass and another one that is good at stopping the run. The only reason to keep every single starter and all the best on the field as much as possible is to run the score up. With that you get kids getting tired and exhausted and when you get that injuries aren't very far behind. This Lawrence County team has a pretty good size roster and skill players out the wazoo, but one place we are a little thin is with experienced lineman with good size so we save em whenever we can. No one wants to be stuck in the middle of district play or the playoffs dwelling on what if we had this guy or that guy back.

Kind of mine and Scott's point , what's gonna happen in the playoffs or in a district game when these kids are gonna have to play 4 quarters for the first time and the team they are playing are conditioned and use to playing 4 quarters ? They are gonna get wore down I really don't get the idea of resting kids until they are needed in the district games . If they are injured absolutely just like raceland has done with taking Nathaniel off defense until he healed and now that he's getting better we seen at linebacker last game a non district game
Bigcat Wrote:We haven't seen Lawrence Co's best ball yet. They haven't had their whole team on the field yet. The potential on offense is flat scary. I think a big key is getting Schaffer involved in the passing game. He's one of the best pass catching tight ends around. If the start putting the ball in his hands more it's going to create 1 on 1's with the Dalton's, Chaffins, Kazee etc. This team has crazy talent at the skill positions. Mosley/Kiser run well enough that it's going to be hard for anybody to match up once they are all clicking.
Flip side to that Raceland manhandled LC last year. LC better not come in cocky because the Rams are always well coached and solid up front! Should be a great matchup!
shaffer has several big 3rd and 4th down receptions that went unnoticed but kept the drive alive. this lc TEAM is just that, a TEAM. they all block for each other, they gang tackle, they coach and encourage.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next