Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central vs Pikeville 8/29/15 (Pike County Bowl)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Williams will get his. Will break a couple nice runs.

With that said Pikeville rolls in this one and several Cougar players will spend Saturday morning trying to remove the cleat marks left in their chest by Daric Pugh.

Pikeville 40
Letcher Central 20

Haha! Like that one! And true!
Saturday can not get here fast enuff. I am do ready for this game.
Whose got more to win/lose from this game?
Cougars will stomp a mudhole in the Panthers!
pjdoug Wrote:Cougars will stomp a mudhole in the Panthers!
Instigator. Lol Confusednicker:
Mastadon89 Wrote:Whose got more to win/lose from this game?
It's a double edged sword for both teams really. Pikeville is the "name" program between the two, so a win for Letcher would be a feather in their cap in one sense. Them again, Letcher is the 5A team, and has a very good RB, a very good coach, and numbers on their side, so a loss would hurt them in some people's minds who don't maybe know the tradition and strength of the Pikeville program as well. For Pikeville, some people view it is "old money vs new money" and think Letcher should not be able to win just yet, so a loss would hurt them in those people's eyes. On the other hand, it is a 1A program vs a 5A program, and a win would certainly vault them upwards in others eyes.

There's pros and cons for each team in this game. All I am concerned about is that Pikeville learns from this game and remains focused on learning regardless of what happens.
PHSForever Wrote:Instigator. Lol Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Letcher Central don't even want none! I heard they was gonna be a no show .. Scaredy Cougars ..😂
Chadrick124 Wrote:Letcher Central don't even want none! I heard they was gonna be a no show .. Scaredy Cougars ..😂

Pikeville will wish they didn't show.
Did I not watch the Mullins Kid from Pike Central out run Pugh at the 100 meter. Williams is faster than Pugh. I am a fan of both I'm just stating the facts.
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville will wish they didn't show.

Haha . In all seriousness looking forward to a good tough injury free game!
Imo, Pikeville is AT LEAST a two touchdown favorite in this game. (pjdoug):biggrin:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Imo, Pikeville is AT LEAST a two touchdown favorite in this game. (pjdoug):biggrin:

Williams will run through them like a bad dose of castor oil.
pjdoug Wrote:Williams will run through them like a bad dose of castor oil.

Lol! ::dontthink Pikeville's D will stop the run. Works every time. Confusednicker:
Big Five-0- Wrote:Lol! ::dontthink Pikeville's D will stop the run. Works every time. Confusednicker:

keep me updated. I need to know if my Colonels will be able to slow Williams down.
pjdoug Wrote:keep me updated. I need to know if my Colonels will be able to slow Williams down.

:Thumbs:
Pikeville 42
LCC 34
Don't get me wrong Letcher in a good team but I think Pikeville will come out on top fairly easy.
touchdownkentucky Wrote:He's still at Pike Central according to Pike Central roster on KHSAA.I don't know where all that came from but he was never at Letcher!

Hmmmmmm....
touchdownkentucky Wrote:I guess Pugh is better than Damien Harris which was the number 1 back in the country last season!Letcher held him under 80 yards ,the worst performance of his career! This defense of Letcher is capable of rising to the occasion as they return 7 starters from last year's defense! Jaylyn went for over 200 yards in the same game!Just some random thoughts!

If i remember correctly Harris had just returned from his injury though. If LCC D does its job I see a Cougar win.
GAMEDAY!!!!!!!! Should be a great one!
Be here before we know it. GO PANTHERS!!
Is this game on Wymt?
Pugh goes for 300+ and 5 tds tonight
bac2369 Wrote:Is this game on Wymt?
To my knowledge, yes. I believe they are streaming the game live. Don't know about actually on the tv.
PHSForever Wrote:To my knowledge, yes. I believe they are streaming the game live. Don't know about actually on the tv.
WYMT2 or ThisTV. I do not have it on Suddenlink in Pikeville, but believe some companies may carry it. We have the ThisTV for WSAZ.
Ok I think I have it.
I love watching people getting on here and posting who is better than who. They forget in football it takes 11. 11 kids one heartbeat.
bac2369 Wrote:Is this game on Wymt?

Yes. it was announced last night during the Belfry game that WYMT would carry the game livestream. EKBtv will carry the game, but it will be shown tape delayed tomorrow either at noon, or 1 pm. not sure.
J. Williams left Knott central for greener pastures. I think against pikeville there is no grass for him. Strange how he moved to get eligible but still lives at the same place that he lived in while at Knott. Hahaha