Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central vs Pikeville 8/29/15 (Pike County Bowl)
I guess Pugh is better than Damien Harris which was the number 1 back in the country last season!Letcher held him under 80 yards ,the worst performance of his career! This defense of Letcher is capable of rising to the occasion as they return 7 starters from last year's defense! Jaylyn went for over 200 yards in the same game!Just some random thoughts!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:I guess Pugh is better than Damien Harris which was the number 1 back in the country last season!Letcher held him under 80 yards ,the worst performance of his career! This defense of Letcher is capable of rising to the occasion as they return 7 starters from last year's defense! Jaylyn went for over 200 yards in the same game!Just some random thoughts!
I didn't say he was better than Harris. Of course Harris was coming back from a hamstring, and Madison Southern D leaked like a sieve last year. Y'all also gave up 115 yards to a RB last week who's in his first year starting, and over 300 yards passing to a freshman QB. It will be a good game, let's leave it at that, and pray for an injury free game too.
Playboy5 Wrote:Went to the LCC/Pike Central game. Their defense better learn to wrap up because they are about to face a horse in Pugh. You could see a 300-500 yard game from him and Pikeville will stack the box and put the pressure on the freshman QB from LCC (Who is going to have a very nice career there!). I'm a fan of both Pikeville and LCC but I'm a realist.
Pikeville-52
LCC-24
Best of luck to both teams!

Good to see you on here good buddy! Have you taken up sandbagging?:biggrin:
Obviously Williams is a very good back. "Hands down" best back in E Ky is silly. Last year vs. Hazard --- Pugh 326 yards --- Williams 45 yards. STFU.
Watched the video of PCC vs. LCC and Pike Central couldn't tackle me last week and I'm 113 years old. Again, Williams is very good, no doubt about it.
Williams had 45 yards against Hazard last year on only 6 carries!Very bad play calls from coach in that one!You will understand a little more after watching Williams in person!Many d 1 offers will be coming Williams way!Pugh and Williams kinda like comparing Barry Sanders go John Riggins totally different backs!Pugh big ,strong, stiff.....Williams smooth, shifty,agile makes it look easy!Both are fast just way different styles !
^Should be a very entertaining game. If LCC's game plan is to snap it back to the QB and hand it off to Williams like they did against Pike Central it will be a very long night imo.
Tough spot for a Freshman Q back. Still going with LCC 33- 28
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Williams had 45 yards against Hazard last year on only 6 carries!Very bad play calls from coach in that one!You will understand a little more after watching Williams in person!Many d 1 offers will be coming Williams way!Pugh and Williams kinda like comparing Barry Sanders go John Riggins totally different backs!Pugh big ,strong, stiff.....Williams smooth, shifty,agile makes it look easy!Both are fast just way different styles !
3 turnovers in the Hazard game for y'all too. Hazard ran the ball 49 times in the game, which allowed them to control clock on you, and Brandon Jones rolled up 236 yards rushing. I doubt it was play calling so much as the coach was forced to pass to catch back up from the turnovers and Hazard controlling the clock.
^my point is the "hands down" is silly.
Thought it was going to be a "Run Fest" last Friday at Pburg, but it was just one sided. Maybe a little more added to fest from the other side this Saturday evening. We shall see. :popcorn:
Coleman, Dylan
9 65 0
Conn, Seth
12 78 2
Dotson, Logan
2 8 0
Johnson, Christian
3 14 0
Peters, Kirklan
1 0 0
Stanley, Gabe
14 115 0
Passing
JerseyPlayerPass
Attempts
Pass
Completions
InterceptionsNet
Yards
Passing
Touchdowns
Pass
Completions
Conn, Seth
29 20 1 386 3
666 yards given up by LCC....sign of the beast lol...
This should be a good game. Pikeville at home will be tough to beat. Williams is an excellent back and they will have to contain him or he will take it to the house. Pugh is a horse and runs down hill and is faster than many think.

Pikevilles key for this season is too keep Pugh healthy. I hope to see him stay that way. Pikevilles offense will be very dangerous if no one can stop the run and teams load the box on them and they throw it and complete passes for 10+ yards.

If LCC give up 666 yards to Pike Central and they don't improve from for this game Pugh may run for 500 yards alone.
Williams will run through Pikeville like a dose of salts .
pjdoug Wrote:Williams will run through Pikeville like a dose of salts .
That well may be. I think Pikeville has a little more speed overall than Pike Central on D, though. I think that's what keeps that from happening. I could be wrong, and have been before, so we will see. I guarantee this, it will be a fun game to watch.
PHSForever Wrote:That well may be. I think Pikeville has a little more speed overall than Pike Central on D, though. I think that's what keeps that from happening. I could be wrong, and have been before, so we will see. I guarantee this, it will be a fun game to watch.

I'm trying to do a little instigating:biggrin: . I would like to see this game.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm trying to do a little instigating:biggrin: . I would like to see this game.
I figured that. You pot stirrer, you. Lol. To be honest, first game of the year for Letcher Central and all that, it's hard to tell what they will look like in the second game when we play them. I don't put TOO much stock in first games because they tend to be a little sloppy. D and O both. I think this game really will tell both fan bases a little more about their teams.
Sergeant throws a beautiful ball...I know that!
Lcc
jetpilot Wrote:666 yards given up by LCC....sign of the beast lol...

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
This is a 5A school that won District and lost to eventual State champs Pulaski County last year. Being a 5A school they should have more depth. Can anybody say how many players LCC plays both ways? Early in the season conditioning plays a key role. I think this should be a great game. Pikeville needs games like this to keep them focused.
Too much Pikeville in this one!!!

Pikeville 42

Letcher Co Central 28
Watched some film today. Williams is a heck of a back! But, he's no Pugh!!! And even if Pugh has a bad game the panthers have at least five more playmakers that will bust it lose on you if you load the box on Pugh! After the q,b gets in some game experience you will see multiple players for pikeville contributing to the this teams success. Load the box !!! I dare ya!!! Lol
Pulling for pikeville in this one
Playboy5 Wrote:Sergeant throws a beautiful ball...I know that!

I do too.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:This is a 5A school that won District and lost to eventual State champs Pulaski County last year. Being a 5A school they should have more depth. Can anybody say how many players LCC plays both ways? Early in the season conditioning plays a key role. I think this should be a great game. Pikeville needs games like this to keep them focused.

Agree. focus means everything.
2 great backs for sure, different types of ability. LCC wins a close one here.
I have to pick against my former coach and go with the Panthers in the one. After watching the Pikeville/Prestonsburg game, I came out impressed with the Panthers. Not only was I impressed with Pugh, but their offensive line dominated the Blackcats all night. Pikeville's quarterback doesn't do anything to blow you away, but he manages the game well, and he doesn't make very many mistakes. Jarrell is the X factor for this team, and he showed flashes of what he can do, with the kick return for a touchdown. Defensively, Pikeville doesn't do anything fancy, but they knock you in the mouth, and they out totally whipped Prestonsburg up front. Linebackers are athletic and they seem to see the field very well. Overall I was impressed with Pikeville, and if they keep improving, I don't see anyone beating them in the East in 1A.

On the other hand, I was a little disappointed with Letcher Central. I know Williams had a big game statistically, but I thought they would handle Pike Central with ease. IMO, Pike Central is down, compared to the past couple of years. I feel like right now, Letcher Central is too one dimensional and they rely too much on Williams. Now, I believe by the end of the year, this wont be the case, because you will see a lot of growth over the duration of the season with Letcher's young QB, but as of right now he is still green. With all of that being said, I like Pikeville in this game, because I feel they are the more balanced team. Pikeville wins by a score of 35-21. Good luck to both teams!!
jetpilot....I know you've missed me!
Williams will get his. Will break a couple nice runs.

With that said Pikeville rolls in this one and several Cougar players will spend Saturday morning trying to remove the cleat marks left in their chest by Daric Pugh.

Pikeville 40
Letcher Central 20