Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Boys 7/8th teams in Eastern KY for 2015?
Okay. Until next year when kids are still held back to play sports in 6th, 7th & 8th grade
I hear that Sebastion Middle in Breathitt Co and Hazard both have real good 8th grade teams in the 14th region this year -
Hazard 8th grade team is a good team. However most of them should be freshman or sophomore in high school
Joker's Wild Wrote:This rule applies to students who are in a grade for the first time this year. Basically, beginning next year, no holdback can play.

Hold backs are crazy in my neck of the woods. It's really getting out of control. 13 year old 6th graders. Smh
Don't be surprised if you see Belfry in the elite 8 down at the KBA this year. The have the height and speed this year to make noise on the court. Bigger than the 2012/13 team that had a great showing at State.
ky playmaker Wrote:Heck I dont know. I just talked to my high school coach and he said tacket told him if you are in your holdback year this year you can not play. confused

Maybe this is what JT is saying:
If they are repeating a grade they cannot play in high school. So a 8th grader that is repeating 8th grade this year can play middle school ball but cannot play high school ball.

Next year an 8th grader that is repeating 8th grade cannot play high school or middle school.
Walllins elementary in harlan county should be very good. I hope they enter in the tournament this year they could make some noise.
It doesn't matter...most of the top teams players were held back in 5th or 6th grade.