Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 82- Paintsville 72
The seats are metal.
NO wooden seats.. LOL They are silver aluminum Seats. You sure you're not dreamin? LOL
The Guru Wrote:To some, but to many, it is one of the nicer for players and fans alike.
It really just depends on your taste. If you just want to watch, then go somewhere else, if you want "The expierence" Then come on over!

And what kind of experience would that be? It's not like going to Rupp Arena and watching the Wildcats.
LOL They re-did all of them. LOL and put new bleacher on the stage as well. Believe it or not. They are not wooden either. LOL The first two rows actually have backs on them.
OffTheHook Wrote:LOL They re-did all of them. LOL and put new bleacher on the stage as well. Believe it or not. They are not wooden either. LOL The first two rows actually have backs on them.

The whole renovation with the seats must have been done after MC played their saturday cause they were no backs and all wooden
All_Sport#1 Wrote:The whole renovation with the seats must have been done after MC played their saturday cause they were no backs and all wooden

Are you sure you were at Paintsville? LOL!
The ones with the backs on the ar e on the stage.
OffTheHook Wrote:Are you sure you were at Paintsville? LOL!

Uhh no,I was at prestonsburg the and the whole paintsville team was there with their few fans:thatsfunn
Well, you lost your mind then. Metal seats has been all season! LOL! Must of had a relapse or something.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, you lost your mind then. Metal seats has been all season! LOL! Must of had a relapse or something.

nope you must not know the difference between metal and wood planks...and why is the other person agreeing that its wood to?:lmao:
The seats are brand new, and they are metal.
yeah, ok
All_Sport#1 Wrote:nope you must not know the difference between metal and wood planks...and why is the other person agreeing that its wood to?:lmao:

What other person? MCFAN just told you what they are. Are you sure you weren't in the grade school? They have Blue pull out wood bleachers.
Tricky Wrote:And what kind of experience would that be? It's not like going to Rupp Arena and watching the Wildcats.
It is the exp. of being in a high school gym, watching and cheering alongside of a packed bleacher getting close to the action of a great sport!!
It is more fun, to me anyway, than being in some colledium type gym that is so far away from the floor that the pl;ayers look an inch tall.
Atmosphere.
Just left Paintsville's gym. And guess what? All the bleachers are METAL! LOL Have been all year! God this is funny!
OffTheHook Wrote:What other person? MCFAN just told you what they are. Are you sure you weren't in the grade school? They have Blue pull out wood bleachers.

could have been thats what one of our old grade schools looked like
Redneck Wrote::thatsfunn Yeah, by taking Paintsville usaull pep section area away, or by sitting half of Magoffin County's fans on Paintsville's side of the reserved seating. If I'm not mistaken, that is why schools have TWO sides in their gym, one for each teams fans.

hey buddy....we dont have to sell the visitors reserved seat....we barely have to sell them any kind of seat...and if u dont like that than u can just stay at home for all we care....
magic man Wrote:hey buddy....we dont have to sell the visitors reserved seat....we barely have to sell them any kind of seat...and if u dont like that than u can just stay at home for all we care....

WHA WHA WHA! Reserved seat are crazy! First come First served! JEEZ that is the way it is every where else!
magic man Wrote:hey buddy....we dont have to sell the visitors reserved seat....we barely have to sell them any kind of seat...and if u dont like that than u can just stay at home for all we care....

Hey buddy, I don't sit down in the reserved seats anyways, but that is the point in having two sides, one for each teams fans.
Many of the seats are season-ticket holders seats. Thats why you can't just pay for reserved and sit anywhere...many of the seats are individual seats held by one person the entire year. I believe it is each school's right to distribute their tickets any way they like. Schools should look to please their own fans first; they are the ones that will be there night in and night out. I personally think Magoffin has a very nice gym with a great home crowd.
Redneck Wrote:Hey buddy, I don't sit down in the reserved seats anyways, but that is the point in having two sides, one for each teams fans.

And Paintsville has two sides??????????

Or are you counting the little bitty bleacher section that is on the stage area as the second side.
JTIME Wrote:Many of the seats are season-ticket holders seats. Thats why you can't just pay for reserved and sit anywhere...many of the seats are individual seats held by one person the entire year. I believe it is each school's right to distribute their tickets any way they like. Schools should look to please their own fans first; they are the ones that will be there night in and night out. I personally think Magoffin has a very nice gym with a great home crowd.
:Clap: I agree the home crowd should get their pick. Also we do have 2 sides 4 each team. its the bleacher over top of the reserved seates
magic man Wrote:And Paintsville has two sides??????????

Or are you counting the little bitty bleacher section that is on the stage area as the second side.

Magoffin County is a much newer school than Paintsville. Paintsville has been playing in the same gym since the school was erected and started a basketball program, big difference there. Like I said before, Paintsville had plans on building a new gym, a very big one at that. The new wing of the high school was more important than a gym. Give it time though, Paintsville will have a new gym within the next 10 years I bet.
Redneck Wrote:Magoffin County is a much newer school than Paintsville. Paintsville has been playing in the same gym since the school was erected and started a basketball program, big difference there. Like I said before, Paintsville had plans on building a new gym, a very big one at that. The new wing of the high school was more important than a gym. Give it time though, Paintsville will have a new gym within the next 10 years I bet.
I sure hope so, they deserve it.
Redneck Wrote:Magoffin County is a much newer school than Paintsville. Paintsville has been playing in the same gym since the school was erected and started a basketball program, big difference there. Like I said before, Paintsville had plans on building a new gym, a very big one at that. The new wing of the high school was more important than a gym. Give it time though, Paintsville will have a new gym within the next 10 years I bet.

Actually, Paintsville's Gym is only about 50 years old. There old gym....where they started their program was torn down years ago, but was aproximately right where the elem. gym is. it had a balcony and a basement. When I was younger, we used to sneak into the basement, there were no lights, and it was creepy as hell!!
congrats MC