Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 82- Paintsville 72
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
MC led by 1 after 1, 4 at the half, by 6 through 3, and won by 10.
I think their largest lead was either 11 or 13. Paintsville led by 5 midway thru the second. Not the 30 point blowout that some predicted. If Paintsville could shoot FTs at all, it would have been a nail biter! Big games from Jade, Kendra Carroll and Lorin Welch.
PHS-10 missed free throws
Gotta hit the free ones if you want to win.
The Lady Hornets seemed to play with no heart. Magoffin may have won by 10, but they missed several lay-ups and had well over 20 turnovers off passes. Paintsville played well but if the Lady Hornets can regain the fire they had last year, this game would not have been close.
Pupaw Wrote:PHS-10 missed free throws
Gotta hit the free ones if you want to win.
Not trying to start a fight, but Magoffin shot poorly from the free throw line too. Both teams seemed to struggle with the freebies.
Mr. Sports Wrote:The Lady Hornets seemed to play with no heart. Magoffin may have won by 10, but they missed several lay-ups and had well over 20 turnovers off passes. Paintsville played well but if the Lady Hornets can regain the fire they had last year, this game would not have been close.
Paintsville played very poorly as well....didn't seem like either team wanted to play.
Mr. Sports Wrote:Not trying to start a fight, but Magoffin shot poorly from the free throw line too. Both teams seemed to struggle with the freebies.
What's up with Manns...i have seen her twice this year, and don't think she is half as good as last.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville played very poorly as well....didn't seem like either team wanted to play.
I agree
Mr. Sports Wrote:Not trying to start a fight, but Magoffin shot poorly from the free throw line too. Both teams seemed to struggle with the freebies.
Understand but I mean in a close, rivarly game FT's will be the difference.
The Guru Wrote:What's up with Manns...i have seen her twice this year, and don't think she is half as good as last.
2 bad ankles i dont know if you noticed but she was limping several different times
Mr. Sports Wrote:The Lady Hornets seemed to play with no heart. Magoffin may have won by 10, but they missed several lay-ups and had well over 20 turnovers off passes. Paintsville played well but if the Lady Hornets can regain the fire they had last year, this game would not have been close.
they played with no heart and selfish if someone better get a handle on the selfish play
First off, my prediction was WAY off.

I stayed til the end of the 1st quarter and it seemed like Magoffin was just goin thru the motions, definately not the same girls that played last year. I thought Paintsville looked good in the 1st quarter except for a couple TO's, but hey that's basketball. IDK what happend the rest of the game, I guess I'll just have to read about it on here when it all gets posted. Anyone got any stats on players form both teams.
Congrats Lady Hornets on the win....our girls did seem to have a bad night but i guess that happens with every team but what counts is they came away with the win......:letsparty
COngrats Magoffin
Congrats Magoffin
What was wrong with Ashley Howard? She left the game and went to the bench and then I'm not sure, but it looked like she doused some poor lady, behind the bench, with water. I was watching the game, but caught that out of the corner of my eye. (maybe I saw it all wrong) Annnd speaking of water, why did some Paintsville parents and fans have to buy bottled water for the Paintsville girls towards the end of the 3rd quarter? I thought those sorts of things were provided. I did like the guy on the P.A. system with all the traffic/illegal parking updates! Congrats MC on the game.
IISnakE Wrote:What was wrong with Ashley Howard? She left the game and went to the bench and then I'm not sure, but it looked like she doused some poor lady, behind the bench, with water. I was watching the game, but caught that out of the corner of my eye. (maybe I saw it all wrong) Annnd speaking of water, why did some Paintsville parents and fans have to buy bottled water for the Paintsville girls towards the end of the 3rd quarter? I thought those sorts of things were provided. I did like the guy on the P.A. system with all the traffic/illegal parking updates! Congrats MC on the game.

LOL, he was gettin a lil carried away with all that emotion he was puttin into it. When you got big ears like me they are pretty sensitive.
Congrats MC, but I was expecting them to win by a larger margin than this.
Good game lady hornets
IISnakE Wrote:What was wrong with Ashley Howard? She left the game and went to the bench and then I'm not sure, but it looked like she doused some poor lady, behind the bench, with water. I was watching the game, but caught that out of the corner of my eye. (maybe I saw it all wrong) Annnd speaking of water, why did some Paintsville parents and fans have to buy bottled water for the Paintsville girls towards the end of the 3rd quarter? I thought those sorts of things were provided. I did like the guy on the P.A. system with all the traffic/illegal parking updates! Congrats MC on the game.

She has a very angry attitude and I think her selfishness is affecting the rest of the team.
speed Wrote:She has a very angry attitude and I think her selfishness is affecting the rest of the team.

Exactly...She thinks she is an all-star and dont get me wrong she is very good but she wants to do everything by her self...If she wants to be an even better player and point guard she best check in on an attitude change...
Redneck Wrote:LOL, he was gettin a lil carried away with all that emotion he was puttin into it. When you got big ears like me they are pretty sensitive.

HAHAHAHA....like big balogna ears. Sorry man, just had to. Smile

Congrats to MC, sounded like a very entertaining night in Salyersville.
the lady she doused was Coach West's mother that whole team is in dissaray there is absolutly no disipline on that team to much me first attitude from every body not just Ashley she has her faults but so does EVERYBODY else including the coaching staff i like Pup but if he dont straighten out whats going on might as well forget another regional title
coming from the lady hornets it looked to me that there was a lot of selfish playing going on......there was to much one- on-one instead of 5-on-5......but any how a win is a win so good win hornets....
She's too good of a player to be doing stuff like that. It kills me to see players who go above and beyond with less talent, and then you have players who are extremly gifted be willing to let their temper ruin them.

Shed did not mean to throw water on anybody she told me herself and I seen the whole thing she went and got a drink of water and slung it in the trash can, and he slung it with enough force that it come back out of the cup and and hit coach west's sister not mother, so then the woman got up and wiped her face off and Ashley was telling her she was sorry that she didn't mean for it to hit her then the woman came up and hollered at coach miller and ashley's mom and said that child need her ass busted and ashleys mom said shhe said sorry what else do you wan her to do, and Ashley said I sware if I mean for it to go on you I think I would have filled the cup on up and it all would have went on you and she I sware I didn't mean to and im sorry so wests mother told Ashleys mom to stay out of it and to shut up and they left and that excatally what happened I was sittin on those bleachers:argue:

and yes this was a much closer game than what I expected but the girls is trying to straighten things out so hopefully they wont be acting selfish anymore
All_Sport#1 Wrote:Shed did not mean to throw water on anybody she told me herself and I seen the whole thing she went and got a drink of water and slung it in the trash can, and he slung it with enough force that it come back out of the cup and and hit coach west's sister not mother, so then the woman got up and wiped her face off and Ashley was telling her she was sorry that she didn't mean for it to hit her then the woman came up and hollered at coach miller and ashley's mom and said that child need her ass busted and ashleys mom said shhe said sorry what else do you wan her to do, and Ashley said I sware if I mean for it to go on you I think I would have filled the cup on up and it all would have went on you and she I sware I didn't mean to and im sorry so wests mother told Ashleys mom to stay out of it and to shut up and they left and that excatally what happened I was sittin on those bleachers:argue:

and yes this was a much closer game than what I expected but the girls is trying to straighten things out so hopefully they wont be acting selfish anymore
I too watched the whole thing, and I know Ashley did not do it on purpose.But if you did see what you say you saw, then you know that she never tried to hit the trash can, she was facing the court and just slung the cup. she was not even aware she hit anyone, til the lady came to the cooler and dried her face off. Pup then got onto Ashley and she did appologize. I thought that the lady was over reacting IMO. I love watching Ashley play.
congrats to Magoffin Co
The Guru Wrote:I too watched the whole thing, and I know Ashley did not do it on purpose.But if you did see what you say you saw, then you know that she never tried to hit the trash can, she was facing the court and just slung the cup. she was not even aware she hit anyone, til the lady came to the cooler and dried her face off. Pup then got onto Ashley and she did appologize. I thought that the lady was over reacting IMO. I love watching Ashley play.

yes she over reacted big time
IRISH4 Wrote:HAHAHAHA....like big balogna ears. Sorry man, just had to. Smile

Congrats to MC, sounded like a very entertaining night in Salyersville.

:redboxer: