Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McNamee going back to Central
Who is Erv Dotson
yeah no kidding

he played for Marshall Hurley blocked on the line for Pennington
Soooooo your sayin thats a good thing right?
thats awesome
well we may finaly have a realy good line coach who can help u all with pass protection and teach u all how linemen in college lift
Now the qb needs to learn to throw half way decent. I've heard he's been working on it hard already and will continue to work on that and speed until the first game!
Won't have to worry about throwing it much with McNamee. The running game is his forte.
he wont b calling offence so doesnt matter
true, do you know if butch joplin will be helping out again next year.
I think that mac will do a good job whereever he goes. My question is who will be replacing him at pikeville?
then who will be calling the offense bamma
SuperMario Wrote:I think that mac will do a good job whereever he goes. My question is who will be replacing him at pikeville?
I think there is a thread about this....but as of right now...it's not known at all....
macs more of a defensive guy isn't he?
yeah, mac was more of a defensive coach, but he does know his offensive. One thing is for sure though, he will be missed dearly at Pikeville...
yes joplin will most likely b back next year.

and id say that is Barry Birchfield comes back then he will b the offensive cord
I hope Joplin comes back, he's a really good guy and has exceptional knowledge of football

i forgot about birchfield, i'd say ur right bamma
15thRegionFan Wrote:I hope Joplin comes back, he's a really good guy and has exceptional knowledge of football

i forgot about birchfield, i'd say ur right bamma

Joplin will be back next year. I know for a fact.
That is another + for Pike Central. Knowing that he will be back. He tried helping last year, but i dont think Poynter listened to him very much though.
I know of one game that Poynter turned off his radio due to Joplin trying to speak to him Joplin was sick of Poynter IMO i dont think he would have came back if Poynter was their next year.

Birchifeld back is a + for the Hawks also
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I know of one game that Poynter turned off his radio due to Joplin trying to speak to him Joplin was sick of Poynter IMO i dont think he would have came back if Poynter was their next year.

this is only 99% true....its didnt just happen ONE game...it was almost EVERY game....you would think someone would listen to someone as wise as joplin, but poynter is a genius...
HAHA That doesn't make much since at all! Joplin is very wise about the game of football, he helped me out a lot this year!
yeah well that is a fact :-) if u ask me Poynter thought me knew it all while he practicley knew nothing
poynter=bad head coach....henwould be a better defensive coordinator truly...he got a state ring as one...he should stay that way....sorry poynter
IMO its not that Poynter dont have the knowledge of the game or even that he was a bad head coach. I really think he didn't know his players well enough to know where they were capable of playing!
i didnt think poynter was defensive cord i thought that he was more like what johnny willamson is he comes and helps and puts some insight i could b wrong though

He for sure didnt know where ppl needed to b and i think that was showen when u had a pretty good punter on the side lines Jeremy Lucas and ur starting QB punting doesnt make sence to me and also looks like he needed to work on a bit of Special teams. I also do not understand y we would change his game plan and formatios on game day such as M-Boro
Poynter I think ruined a few games for them. But the guy knows some football. The thing I dont' understand is, why he would run these plays that were guarenteed yards when he didn't need them and try to run it up the gut, when you obviously weren't going anywhere. Granted, PC couldn't pass this past year cause they didn't have a qb who was good enough to throw, or a line strong enough to hold for enough time to throw. Ahh I don't know.

But i think it will be the same way with Mac coming to central.. RUn Run run. When that don't work, run it again. then punt.
Poynter was a a def cord. personally I think the man knows tons about the game of football but teaching the game to high school kids was his down fall he is not a very vocal person...but as for the knowledge aspect of the game he knew it
PG, you really know Pike Central and their sports so I'll trust ya on that one...
well i have my opinion and u have yours
Their will be a press conference friday at 5 for mcnamee