Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McNamee going back to Central
Pikeville Panther football coach resigns after six seasons; returns for second term with Hawks

Anyone know why? And how this will effect Pikeville Football next year?
I wonder if the Panthers will try to run the same style of play or put together a whole new scheme?
it depends on who the ocach is next yera
Maybe if Keno retires they can bring Coach Chapman back though I know it will never happen I would love to see it happen. Coach Chapman would be my personal #1 choice but I doubt he would come back to Pikeville and I don't blame him. They need to go get someone outside of the system....Ben Howard would be a great choice IMO but as I have stated several times knowing Keno as well as I do there is no way he will give the head coaching job to a 25 year old. The fact is though that Pikeville is one of the marquee jobs in East KY for football so they should be able to bring in a very good coach. I have also stated several times that losing Mac will not be the huge loss that everyone thinks it will be if they hire outside of the current system. The Pikeville football program regressed if anything while Mac was the head coach and I am ready to see them get back to Louisville something that Mac was unable to do with the Pikeville football program as a head coach.
I agree
Well this is going to affect pikeville. But, i hope they find a good coach to replace him. I think pikeville will do just fine next season. I kind of feel sorry for the upcoming seniors because they have to go from a good relationship with the coach they've had for three years to a coach they will not even really get to know. Good luck panthers and good luck hawks.
I agree mario. It sux for a senior to have to change style in their last year, but hopefully both new coaches wont be as different as the previous
I agree and wish the best of luck to both teams
Best of wishes to both coaches and schools lets represent the mountains well.

And we both know Hurley that Mac will b totaly diff than poynter
Indeed he will lol Cant wait for the change tho! Good luck to both teams in the upcoming 2005 season!
I look foward to see how both teams do under new coaches
I dont think u'll see a big difference in the PC program next year. It's gonna take some time for Mac to build all the youth programs up, once all that has been established PC should imporve as the kids gain more expierence.
I wasnt talking about winning more games but i was talking more about the style of ball being played they will have prob 11+ realy good coaches next year apose to liek 5 they had this year they will also have coaches at Mullins and JC taking those programs over id say Deskins will b at JC and im not sure about Mullins.
I know of atleast 8 coaches coming in a PC
I hope your both right, the program needs to get on the right track!
I hope he turns the Pike Central program around.
Maybe this will be a BIG turnaround for Central then, just like your turnaround. He will be welcomed with open arms
I'd say he will
i know Barry is coming back. Paul David is, Tracy, Steve Collier, im sure that Willamson will b back, Desking and Precce, i look for Humpheres to come back and also Muncy.
Will Tracy be back for sure?
yes im very sure of it ohhhhhhhhhhh and Butch will b back workign with D Backs Tracy will b doing stats i love that guy
maybe the hawks could have a turn around season this year, but who knows...cant wait to see how the team looks next season!
What about Butch Joplin? Will he be helping out any next year bamma?
ive seen him up at the school. Maybe he will be helping out
Well i have heard that he will be 1 of the coaches next season
pike central might win 4 games next year now..lol
nice call vonwafer, real classy, so far i've seen u down pikeville basketball and pike central football, whats next?
If Pike Central can keep people healthy they will be improved.
G Varney is a nice running back.
BTW,,Big Erv Dotson will be helping coach there next year as well, I have heard.
that would b a nice addition to that staff u would have 2 or 3 time NAIA champ Josh Preece on one side of the ball and Erv on the other who won what 3 Mac champs.

Von thats realy funny lol actually i think the hawks will fair very well they realy need a kicking game though that killed them this year they gave up some field position.
Yeah the little squib kick on kickoffs didn't fair to well against most teams.