Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McNamee going back to Central
Well, Poynter knew the game better than any coach ive been under. He was a football nerd in a way. He knew what he was doing but had trouble getting the players to understand them. I started QB for him a few times and at times he would the wrong formation with a play. The play would end up me or whoever got the gettin killed. But, CTD snodgrass could throw a football but he couldnt scramble that well. The line would give eventually so he would have to throw it reguardless. Making some of his throws off or incomplete. The last game againest middlesboro was a smart plan. But, he didnt need to throw the ball to gibson everytime down field. They would eventually pick up on that right?
Snodgrass played smart football. He would have been a great QB if............there was such thing as a "midgit league"
haha....whoa...lets not get personal here...
Yeah, and then there was times when I started QB and he had a certain player in the backfield (no name mentioned) that didnt know where he was suppose to go or what he was suppose to do. I mean, you cant tell the kid what he's suppose to do when u get to the line of scrimmage! Poynter had all the faith in the world in this kid but he just didn't pay attention and learn the plays. He could be a good player in the future once he gets more football knowledge and matures a lot!
Well what ur saying Super Mario is that it was pretty much ur alls the players fault.

Personaly i realy dont c how u can say he was such a great coach he had never been a head coach b-4 in his life and IMO he would b better if he would stick to being a D cord and ive got a question u all speak about how he was a D Cord for a state champ team then y was this guy making offensive calls doesnt make much sence to me. Snoddgrass was a average quarterback but it hurts when u can barely see over the line when droping back to pass i mean he had to jump when he threw a pass he had heart though. You also blame it on the line Mario that snoddgrass could never get a pass off his passes most of the time low how is that the Recivers fault snoddgrass could throw the deep pass but he couldnt get it to them on the short routes and that was shown on many occasions. It was also hard against M-Boro to throw it to any one else besides Gibson considering M-Boros CBs were like 6 ft tall who else did we have that was considered a TRUE WR if u ask me it takes practice to form a WR and a passing game and i guarantee u all hardley worked on pass blocking or passing in practice did u u all worked on hand offs and blocking for Gordon. So dont blame it completley on the line nor blame it the passing game totaly on Snoddgrass if u ask me if Poytner would have coached u all better and had been the D Cord and let some one that knew offence better take over that job then it would have made a world of diffrence.

But once again thats my opinion and what do i know im just a spectator.
no one said he was great, just that he knows the game!!
Poynter knew the game. The first year he was there, he did a good job mixing up the plays, but the two years after that, all he did was run. Snodgrass had a lot of heart, and given a few more inches could have been like Jared Lorenzen. He could throw the long ball but the recievers didn't really know how to run routes, therefore making it hard for the qb to do any good.. But this past season he didn't have much to work with, but running all the time isn't goin to get it done everytime. and when its obvious that it isn't working you should change it up some.. just to keep the other team's D honest. I don't know really.. So I'm done.
I agree with CTD, when you run the ball every time, and Varney has all the carries, the Defense knows to focus completely on him..Poynter should have got the other backs involved more, and thrown the ball every now and then.
Yeah.. he should have. But with the other backs, after Chapman left, he didn't have much to work with either. He should have put one of the quicker bigger boys at fullback, and made him try to gain a few yards each play, then send Varney on the outside.. Screen passes would have worked in a bunch of situations, but I never saw any.
forget poynter hes gone what are your guys views on recruiting coach Mac.....
It could be a good pickup. The trick is to get boys out to play. and actually work with them.. He shouldn't try to make one person to be a star. But I think he will do ok.
As far as offense goes.. I don't think it will be much different from Poynter's last two years.