Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region summer games
I got to see many of the teams from the region this summer. It is going to be very competitive but Harlan and North has to be the favorites with Harlan Co my team with the most dreaded word attached "potential". That word can cause the most headaches if your potential doesn't become production. I like the foundation Whitley and Corbin have and how the players know how to play. I wasn't able to go today but wanted to see the north south game today. I know north didn't have 3 or 4 players but I haven't been and to hear what the outcome was. The Bruner girl was one of the players out so I would think south had a good chance to win today. Does anyone know how it went? Also does anyone know how the recovery for the Whitley girls is going?
North beat south by 7
I finally did hear that, which surprised me with who all was out. Everyone I have talked to though has been impressed with Souths new coach. It seems to be a good hire.
Give him time...South will get better.
Troy is a hard nosed def coach. South will be in alot of games this year. If they can figure out how to score enough they will be very dangerous
watched South Laurel at Cumberland Yesterday. They have a shot at being very good. Lost to Va. State Champs by 3. Played well.
1 north
2 harlan city
then you have the next group whitley, bell, clay, corbin, harlan co and I truly think knox and south will be in this group too. Gonna be an interesting year. Any of the 7 in the 2nd group can beat the top two. will they? we will see.
I think Ky Playmaker is correct. I believe Harlan and North will have to be 1 and 2. They both probably return the most and could easily win the region this year. Then I think you have Harlan Co, Bell, Corbin, Clay, Whitley Co, South and Knox. Those teams will be 3-9 in no particular order and you could easily put 1 of them 3rd or even 5th or 8th in the rankings just depending on what team shows up to play on a particular night. Also, I feel that several of those teams are capable of playing with Harlan and North.
Some districts are going to be very interesting this year with Harlan, Harlan Co and Bell. Then you have Corbin, Whitley and South. The region has a lot of balance this season but so many things will play a factor.
KyBoy24 Wrote:I think Ky Playmaker is correct. I believe Harlan and North will have to be 1 and 2. They both probably return the most and could easily win the region this year. Then I think you have Harlan Co, Bell, Corbin, Clay, Whitley Co, South and Knox. Those teams will be 3-9 in no particular order and you could easily put 1 of them 3rd or even 5th or 8th in the rankings just depending on what team shows up to play on a particular night. Also, I feel that several of those teams are capable of playing with Harlan and North.
Some districts are going to be very interesting this year with Harlan, Harlan Co and Bell. Then you have Corbin, Whitley and South. The region has a lot of balance this season but so many things will play a factor.

That is very accurate. You have them in almost exactly the order in which they will be ranked.
There was a story about the Lady Colonels in the Times the other day that said Whitley beat North Laurel this summer. After talking with some other people, Bruner was out for North, but Whitley was still without their two injured players from last season as well.
I was told they had more than Bruner out but that doesn't matter. I really think Whitley will be ALOT better than most think. It worries me as I think Whitley and South both can be very good by the end of the year.
olred, south is 15-39 over last two years. no need to worry about them.
They will get better! At least that's what I believe. A lot will depend on how good coach Thomas is but I keep hearing good things.
nah, leave south as a bottom feeder. your red hounds will have no trouble
I think Harlan has to be the team to beat. They've played well the past 2 seasons at the arena during tournament play. No one would argue that North is probably 2nd. After that, it could be a number of teams. I do think South will be much better and I don't think any district teams will be overlooking them.
Harlan is the team to beat but I think north will be right there too.
Anymore scores or updates?
dead period.
dead period will be over next week?
over this week. last day is the 9th
It's over until November as far as scrimmages go.
Thanks guys. For some reason I didn't even consider the dead period and thank about camps because dear lord who knew it was already the middle of July. Ive been waiting for summer softball and baseball to start coming back around because of the dead period but that just didn't click for me lol.
Might as well start thinking football.