Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region summer games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What games are going on around the 13th region? What teams are looking good, players emerging? I know Union College team camp is coming up this week, usually a lot of 13th region teams there.
Knott Central has a task Monday as they play Bell, Harlan City, and Harlan Co.
I will be posting all of the scores from the Union College Team Camp the JV scores and the Varsity scores tomorrow
Harlan was the best team there.
HCHS was probably second.
Both were undefeated.
i think harlan only beat south by 7
south is ur sleeper team they have the talent lets see what troy lee can do
Clay will be better than most think. Addition by subtraction.
clay will be good
Union College Team Camp Scores

June 8

(At Union College Robinson Arena)

Oneida Baptist Institute 25 Barbourville 12
Jackson County 28 Middlesboro 7
Williamsburg 30 Oneida Baptist Institute 29
Knox Central 28 Cumberland Gap, TN 12
Harlan County 30 Williamsburg 17
Cumberland Gap, TN 35 Barbourville 12
Harlan 47 Middlesboro 5
Bell County 18 Knox Central 15
Harlan 59 Barbourville 23
Clay County 26 Bell County 22
Knott County Central 30 Bell County 29

(Knox Central Middle School)

Cumberland Gap, TN 26 Williamsburg 18
Knox Central 33 Pineville 21
Harlan 58 Jackson County 23
Clay County 55 Middlesboro 34
Pineville 32 Oneida Baptist Institute
Clay County 49 Knott County Central 49
Harlan County 45 Knott County Central 32
June 9

(Union College Robinson Arena)

Pineville 30 Jackson County 21
Knox Central 32 Oneida Baptist Institute 26
Jackson County 28 Barbourville 17
Harlan County 30 Clay County 26
Oneida Baptist Institute 32 Middlesboro 17
Harlan County 28 Cumberland Gap, TN 12
Bell County 42 Williamsburg 9
Harlan 34 Clay County 12
Bell County 34 Oneida Baptist Institute 30

(Knox Central Middle School)

Williamsburg 34 Barbourville 26
Cumberland Gap, TN 43 Middlesboro 34
Harlan 37 South Laurel 29
Harlan 47 Williamsburg 34
Pineville 33 Barbourville 19
Clay County 35 Knox Central 34
Knox Central 33 Middlesboro 21
Bell County 36 Cumberland Gap, TN 19

Here is all of the Varsity Scores from the Union College Team Camp
Wow, what was the game format? These are some very low scoring games.
walterwhite Wrote:Clay will be better than most think. Addition by subtraction.

Cotton was a very good player. I don't know if it's that easy to replace here.
Clay did look pretty good in beating Knott Central, the 14th Region favorite. They depend very much on the 3 with so many young players in key roles. When Roberts was injured and out against Harlan, they had no shot. She does it all for them.
They have some young talent, no doubt, but I don't think they will be able to beat as many good teams as they have the past couple of years with Cotton and Woods gone.
HCS Wrote:Cotton was a very good player. I don't know if it's that easy to replace here.
Clay did look pretty good in beating Knott Central, the 14th Region favorite. They depend very much on the 3 with so many young players in key roles. When Roberts was injured and out against Harlan, they had no shot. She does it all for them.
They have some young talent, no doubt, but I don't think they will be able to beat as many good teams as they have the past couple of years with Cotton and Woods gone.
I understand what you are saying, but I don't think you get the point of what I am saying. Good players but not irreplaceable. If Roberts stays healthy she will have a big year. The younger players will be fine by tournament time. They will miss Woods size, but they'll adapt. There's more to it than what you see on the floor. I am not saying they'll win the region, but I do think it'll be a good year for the Lady Tigers. No I in team.
I agree with walterwhite on this. As much production that some players for clay had last year they brought that much distraction as well. I can see this being a good clay team this year. The young Mathis will be one of if not the best in the region in the very near future. Roberts is very good and clay has some solid young kids with some decent shooting too. Clay has something that only a few teams have around too. In clay kids dream of playing for the girls and boys high school team more than just about anything. They treat it like a honor or dream to play. It's an old school mentality.
They have one other thing that no one else has. The best coach in the region.
I already think they are better than I originally thought they would be. I just don't know how much those young girls will mature during the season, plus it's a lot easier to hit shots in June than March.
Cotton could get to the basket and score as well as anyone around, except Brock, and Woods was bigger and stronger than anyone in the region.
They were basically playing with three players last year, and two of them graduated. It will come down to how much the younger girls grow up. On a good night, they are capable of beating anyone in the region. On a bad night, they are barely in the top seven or eight.
Unless you follow the program closely you will not have any idea what me and Olred are saying.
I think I know what you are talking about.
If it was so awful though, with the addition by subtraction point I've heard other places, why did she have the ball in her hands 90 percent of the time the past three years.
HCS Wrote:I think I know what you are talking about.
If it was so awful though, with the addition by subtraction point I've heard other places, why did she have the ball in her hands 90 percent of the time the past three years.
That, my friend, is a good question. It's not all about what you see on the court. I'll leave it at that cause it's over and done.
Does anyone know how the 3 13th region teams are doing at the KBA state today?
South got hammered both games. Just couldn't score. Held mercer and Henry clay to good enough totals
Had good looks but same ole problem. Can't score. I got a fix for it and I think they will listen
North played Male tough, losing by five. North beat Bryan Station.
Harlan beat Bryan Station and was beaten pretty badly by Male.
Mercer beat harlan 79-52. Pretty close game in first half. Harlan has a good little team.
Mercer beat Whitley county today @ Lindsay Wilson.
77-40. Is Whitley in for another rebuilding year?
Whitley County did not play Mercer or anyone else at Lindsey Wilson yesterday. They did not play anywhere, spent the day in the gym getting better.

The Lady Colonels will be fine. They are still missing a few parts to injury but those girls will be ready to go by Oct. 15th so yeah they will be fine. The summer is for learning and trying new things and testing girls in situations, there are not any district tourney or region tourney trophies handed out in June.

So, somebody gave you some bad information.
ky playmaker Wrote:Had good looks but same ole problem. Can't score. I got a fix for it and I think they will listen

KY playmaker, what do you think they need to do different? how did the new coach do?
new coach didnt coach at kba. He has been practicing them last few days.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Whitley County did not play Mercer or anyone else at Lindsey Wilson yesterday. They did not play anywhere, spent the day in the gym getting better.

The Lady Colonels will be fine. They are still missing a few parts to injury but those girls will be ready to go by Oct. 15th so yeah they will be fine. The summer is for learning and trying new things and testing girls in situations, there are not any district tourney or region tourney trophies handed out in June.

So, somebody gave you some bad information.

My bad dietdrinker. You are right. Whitley dropped out and Mercer ended up playing McCreary Central. Thanks for the trophy information as well. Good to know.
South lost to bell by 4 or 5 but was up 7 heading into the 4th. South beat harlan co by two in coach thomas debut on the bench.
Pages: 1 2