Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best QB in the state 2015?
You can look at QB's alot of different ways. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are not Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Kaepaernik and vice versa. Some can sit back in a pocket all day, and the others can leave the pocket and do damage. You have a QB like Andrew Luck, who isn't primarily a "dual-threat" but he can do both well if need be.

Most High School QB's rely on their athletic ability, it's why many move on to WR,DB or TE in college. Riley Hall is a Great high school Quarterback, is he a D1 player? Not likely. You can watch Morgan, Wood, Bolin and their releases and velocity are more noticeable. Walker Wood, also has the best line in the State, a lot of people could throw behind that.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Must have missed Mr. KY Football throwing it around this season

Take it from me, someone who knows considerable more about football than you and someone who saw both having attended the 5A title game. Riley was decent but no way he is even mentioned with the states best

You're judging off one game in the pouring rain... Makes sense
Big 6'6 220 pound Austin Hergott from Highlands commited to Central Michigan he is a Senior.
UK1fan Wrote:Big 6'6 220 pound Austin Hergott from Highlands commited to Central Michigan he is a Senior.

I saw this and have to say I was surprised. He for sure has the size, but has seen very little time on the field at varsity level. It is going to be fun to see what he does on the field as a starter this year.
64SUR Wrote:Some of my picks in eastern,Kentucky.

**** QB Riley Hall Pulaski County

1. Kelvin Whitaker Sr.....2A Leslie County
2. Cash Daniel Sr......1A Paintsville
3. Cameron Sizemore Soph....3A Corbin...New Comer of the year. ( Kelvin Whitaker and Cameron Sizemore are first cousins.
4. Luke Woods....5A Whitley CountyK

** Tanner Morgan went north :popcorn:

Just taking a wild guessed on these player stats this year 2015. :Cheerlead

Riley Hall....3000yd passing 30td...150yd rushing 4td.....Tackles 01
Tanner Morgan...2800 yd passing 28 td...100yd rushing 2td....tackles 01
Kevin Whitaker....2500 yd passing 22td....1000yd rushing 16td... Tackles 102
Kash Daniel....1400 yd passing 16 td....1200yd rushing 22td.... Tackles 170
Luke Woods....2200 yds passing 20td....900yd rushing 15td....Tackles 05
Cameron Sizemore...2000yd passing 20td....300yds rushing 10td.... Tackles 04

:insane: Good Luck and remember I am not saying any of these Qb are the best in the state.
sstack Wrote:I saw this and have to say I was surprised. He for sure has the size, but has seen very little time on the field at varsity level. It is going to be fun to see what he does on the field as a starter this year.

Not surprised at all the kid will be pretty good also former Highlands grad Gino is in charge of recruiting at CMU.
Idk know much about other classes but I do know that Kash Daniels stood out amongst the 1A class and I know you see players playing both ways in lower classes a lot and Kash is a great player on both sides of the ball I'm not familiar with some of the other quarterbacks that were mentioned but when I saw best QBs on the thread I had to mention Kash he is a great player and will be better this year so watch for him.
UK1fan Wrote:Not surprised at all the kid will be pretty good also former Highlands grad Gino is in charge of recruiting at CMU.

He was 8 out of 23 for 74 yards and one TD in limited playing time. How can you not be surprised he was offered a D1 scolly? The school has seen nothing on the playing field and is hoping to get a diamond in the rough going on his physical qualities. I hope he takes HHS to another state title and wins Mr Football, but it is anybodys guess on what he will do. Gino being there had to have a lot to do with it. Like I said before, can't wait to watch him play this season.
I think Phil McCrackin from Logan Co.will be a rising star this year.
This post sponsored by Dickens Cider.
MySonis55.........Hughes will only see QB action if Jones gets hurt.
I always thought QB Jesse Dunigan at Tilghman (6-2, 185, Sr. ) would have the one breakout year he needed to get some looks. But he has had little in the way of protection or receivers the past two years and spent all last year evading unblocked defenders. Still have faith the kid gets to the next level and it works out for him.
Its amazing to me how a "dual threat qb" is so sought after in the college ranks, but not one of them have a long term successful career in the nfl once they have a monster season and teams work all off season to defend it. I wonder how many HS QBs get converted to WR/TE each year going from HS to College.
I know JC is a ground and pound offense but Bryce Workman is a VERY good Qb. Quite possibly the best athlete in the state at the Qb position. Kids athleticism is unreal.