•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCreary Football 7-8 wins
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Got to remember every team on this schedule is looking at the McCreary date and saying that is a game we can win. Prove them wrong Raiders,:Thumbs:

Most are saying it's a game we better win.
I'm thinking Pineville and Harlan are 20-plus points better. I'm not sure about some of the others.
Add Sheldon Clark to the schedule.
Real Badman Wrote:Add Sheldon Clark to the schedule.

Hope this game is at McCreary Central. We are traveling around the World. Does this make 8 games or 9 games. Would someone post the Schedule.:Clap:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Got to remember every team on this schedule is looking at the McCreary date and saying that is a game we can win. Prove them wrong Raiders,:Thumbs:

I know its Berea but they will be fairly competitive. They have the Tate kid who is really good and a couple of others. They are not the most powerful team, but don't overlook them. Just saying.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I know its Berea but they will be fairly competitive. They have the Tate kid who is really good and a couple of others. They are not the most powerful team, but don't overlook them. Just saying.

When you are 0 - 20 last 2 years,,,, We can't overlook anyone.:biggrin:
Is the Schedule Complete??? Could someone post Schedule?
They were still looking for two dates as of last week.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Is the Schedule Complete??? Could someone post Schedule?

Last I had any word on schedule. They had 7 games and have picked up Sheldon Clark. So I guess McCreary Central has 8 games. Not this late in year. Hope they can pick up 2 more games.
Do no local area teams have open dates? could they pick up an East Tennessee team such as Coalfield or Union County?
Jellico
Teams on schedule not sure about dates .
Jenkins
Clinton County
Berea
Sheldon Clark
Harlan
Lynn Camp
Fort Knox
Pineville
Thomas Walker Va.
and a scrimmage against Jellico TN.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Jellico

Jellico would be a good option but their schedule might be full.
kyrj Wrote:Teams on schedule not sure about dates .
Jenkins
Clinton County
Berea
Sheldon Clark
Harlan
Lynn Camp
Fort Knox
Pineville
Thomas Walker Va.
and a scrimmage against Jellico TN.

Not a bad schedule for McCreary. I wish they could have 10 games since they can't compete in District. Oh, well got to make do with what we have.:Clap:
Heard that there are serious budget issues and there will be no funding for sports this summer
E's Army Wrote:Heard that there are serious budget issues and there will be no funding for sports this summer

True with Budget Cuts. I don't think the Board ever helped with sports in a summer program. They are lucky to get a little funding during the season.
:Sad04:
Hate this for kids
E's Army Wrote:Hate this for kids

It's always been this way in McCreary County. Sports has never been a priority. Coaches are the worst paid in the 12th Region. Then we wonder why our programs are so bad.:insane:
Dont worry they already picked up a new game...:truestory:
HardToBeat Wrote:Dont worry they already picked up a new game...:truestory:

What???Confusederiously:
HardToBeat Wrote:Dont worry they already picked up a new game...:truestory:

what kind of game did they pick up?
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:True with Budget Cuts. I don't think the Board ever helped with sports in a summer program. They are lucky to get a little funding during the season.
:Sad04:

UMM...what funding do you need for summer practice? Your coaches are paid a stipend. You already have equipment. What are they gonna do turn the water and electric off?
johnnyd Wrote:UMM...what funding do you need for summer practice? Your coaches are paid a stipend. You already have equipment. What are they gonna do turn the water and electric off?

Need Transportation to Basketball Summer Leagues, need Transportation to 7 on 7 Football Leagues or Tourneys, Camp Funding and I'm sure there is more.:Thumbs:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Need Transportation to Basketball Summer Leagues, need Transportation to 7 on 7 Football Leagues or Tourneys, Camp Funding and I'm sure there is more.:Thumbs:

I can't speak for basketball but most football schools raise the money for camps and 7 on 7. Time to fundraise.
johnnyd Wrote:I can't speak for basketball but most football schools raise the money for camps and 7 on 7. Time to fundraise.

McCreary Central has to fundraise to buy equipment. This is a tough Job.:Cheerlead
johnnyd Wrote:UMM...what funding do you need for summer practice? Your coaches are paid a stipend. You already have equipment. What are they gonna do turn the water and electric off?

Our Coaches are the lowest paid in the 12th Region. They must love it, because the money is not there.:eyeroll:
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:McCreary Central has to fundraise to buy equipment. This is a tough Job.:Cheerlead

Easiest Job in the State. :1:
Activity buses getting kids to and from practice go a long way towards a successful program. Hard for some parents to afford transporting kids to practice. You eliminate some kids working out during summer. 7 on 7 and camps go a long way towards building teams.
Do you run activity buses for a city school?
E's Army Wrote:Activity buses getting kids to and from practice go a long way towards a successful program. Hard for some parents to afford transporting kids to practice. You eliminate some kids working out during summer. 7 on 7 and camps go a long way towards building teams.

We don't run activity buses during the School Year much less during the summer. Administration is Changing hope they start doing some things for the kids.:Cheerlead
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:We don't run activity buses during the School Year much less during the summer. Administration is Changing hope they start doing some things for the kids.:Cheerlead

There is not one part of the Football Program that don't need help. From Playing Surface, To Equipment, To the Wt. Room, To the Stadium. Hope with the changes coming they put the Kids First.:rockon::rockon::rockon:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next