Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCreary Football 7-8 wins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
With new head coach and staff of virgil lewis, eric privet and d. goins the numbers are through the roof. With a weak independent schedule the expectations are high for an 8 win season which break McCreary's win record. anything less would be disappointing.
Most ridiculous statement made on this site in quite a while.
1988 Raider Player Wrote:With new head coach and staff of virgil lewis, eric privet and d. goins the numbers are through the roof. With a weak independent schedule the expectations are high for an 8 win season which break McCreary's win record. anything less would be disappointing.

Don't think they will win 8 games. I hope so and would be well pleased :Clap:. I've been told at this time they only have 7 games scheduled. If true, that's not good. Real late to try schedule games.:Sad04:
1988 Raider Player Wrote:With new head coach and staff of virgil lewis, eric privet and d. goins the numbers are through the roof. With a weak independent schedule the expectations are high for an 8 win season which break McCreary's win record. anything less would be disappointing.

Better not hope they win 8 games this next year with a new coach.

Tell ya what an 8 win season at McCreary Central equals at any point, but especially one right now given the last 4-5 years? Coach jumping ship after year one. Unless it's a native that has zero plans of ever leaving, but even then.

With McCreary's track record there shouldn't be any expectation that would lead to disappointment if it is not met.

Numbers don't mean anything if the kids don't know how to play ball.
Wow, just wow.
I'm trying to get in touch with the coach for the Cats Pause preview.
Who is the head coach and does he work at the high school?
HCS Wrote:I'm trying to get in touch with the coach for the Cats Pause preview.
Who is the head coach and does he work at the high school?

Justin Bozeman. Works at Whitley County High School.
Why do we keep dragging McCreary Co thru this mud? At least this thread is positive, but it's just 3 to 5 posters arguing about how great or not Grey was. Whitley City has a McDonalds now. You 5 call each other (I know you have each others #) and meet there every morning and discuss over breakfast like every other town does instead of putting your dirty laundry on here like some women with loose morals on FB.
I expect big improvements with Coach Bozeman but realize Rome was not built in a day. They just need to put their nose to the grindstone and work to get a little better every year. Getting and keeping kids out is job one.
E's Army Wrote:I expect big improvements with Coach Bozeman but realize Rome was not built in a day. They just need to put their nose to the grindstone and work to get a little better every year. Getting and keeping kids out is job one.

With the returning athletes and the schedule that was previously posted I think 6-7 wins are possible, but not probable. I do think anything less than 5 wins will be underachieving.
Who are those five wins against?
HCS Wrote:Who are those five wins against?

Jenkins
Lynn Camp
Berea
Clinton Co.
Pineville
Knott Co.
Ft. Knox
Thomas Walker Va.
Harlan

These are the games that have been listed as on there schedule. That's only 9 so they could still add one more game. They have a legitimate shot at winning almost every game on that schedule.

Highly unlikely this happens. People have to start having realistic expectations and stop thinking that a new coach is the solution to all the problems.
School Admin. Wrote:Highly unlikely this happens. People have to start having realistic expectations and stop thinking that a new coach is the solution to all the problems.

True, Coaching is not always the problem. In McCreary we trade Coaches like a teen age girl changes boyfriends.:biggrin:
The Staff are Getting Kids to Beive. As much as they have downed the last Staff with the Kids, the Parents and Players are Expecting big Things. Anything less than 7 wins with the weak independent schedule Will be A Disapointment for Many. Good Luck!!
School Admin. Wrote:Highly unlikely this happens. People have to start having realistic expectations and stop thinking that a new coach is the solution to all the problems.

Agree, Pineville beat them last year, Clinton Co. beat them last year, Harlan may be better than those 2 Schools. Knott Co. will be much better. With a 7 game schedule it will be hard to win 4 or more. Dang I hope they win them all, but don't see it.
And just when the off season got boring you go and post this and redeem it......thank you sir ......

1. I'm glad expectation is high
2. Calm down
3. 1 win would be a achievement go for that and then another...don't jump to 8

7-8? The way we've been working we'll smack 9 or possibly even go undefeated. Don't even matter if we're a young team, we have a big bark but an even bigger bite.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With McCreary's track record there shouldn't be any expectation that would lead to disappointment if it is not met.

Numbers don't mean anything if the kids don't know how to play ball.

Come "spectate" is and you'll see people play ball.
:what:
RAIDERNOW3 Wrote:Come "spectate" is and you'll see people play ball.

:beerwez:
RAIDERNOW3 Wrote:7-8? The way we've been working we'll smack 9 or possibly even go undefeated. Don't even matter if we're a young team, we have a big bark but an even bigger bite.

Confusederiously: What is your problem. You are telling everyone you know nothing about Football.:gtfo:
RAIDERNOW3 Wrote:7-8? The way we've been working we'll smack 9 or possibly even go undefeated. Don't even matter if we're a young team, we have a big bark but an even bigger bite.

You must be a young dumb Coach or a player who has never won a game. I want McCreary to win but let's be REAL. 1 winning season in 28 years and you ready to beat everyone. Come On Now :dontthink
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:You must be a young dumb Coach or a player who has never won a game. I want McCreary to win but let's be REAL. 1 winning season in 28 years and you ready to beat everyone. Come On Now :dontthink
Think whatever you want.. Just having faith. Except nothing but the best 😴
RAIDERNOW3 Wrote:Think whatever you want.. Just having faith. Except nothing but the best 😴

:Thumbs:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Jenkins
Lynn Camp
Berea
Clinton Co.
Pineville
Knott Co.
Ft. Knox
Thomas Walker Va.
Harlan

These are the games that have been listed as on there schedule. That's only 9 so they could still add one more game. They have a legitimate shot at winning almost every game on that schedule.

I don't think they will, but I completely agree with you. They SHOULD have a legit shot to win the majority of those games. That might be the softest schedule in the state.
:popcorn:
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Jenkins
Lynn Camp
Berea
Clinton Co.
Pineville
Knott Co.
Ft. Knox
Thomas Walker Va.
Harlan

Got to remember every team on this schedule is looking at the McCreary date and saying that is a game we can win. Prove them wrong Raiders,:Thumbs:
Central's season will not be made on how many games they win. I feel it will be made on the number of players they can keep out and being able to play a JV and if possible a Freshman Schedule. It's always nice to win games, if the Numbers progress the winning of games will come. Good Luck.
Cellking Wrote:Central's season will not be made on how many games they win. I feel it will be made on the number of players they can keep out and being able to play a JV and if possible a Freshman Schedule. It's always nice to win games, if the Numbers progress the winning of games will come. Good Luck.

Yep... building block season.

Create momentum on and off the field.

Get numbers up.

Learn how to win games again.

Develop young guys who will contribute the next 3-4 years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8